Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    There were warning of Quacks and Walks for all the other events. the "authorities" didn't follow through as they should have on those that got through.
    And a bunch of people emotionally upset demanding easy knee jerk responses for complex a problem doesn't fix it. Or Necessitate a reply.

well i do understand that much of the math and the "algebra" we use today we picked up from the muslims and arabic countries. (even though some want to deny that bit of history) But from what the article says the professor was preparing for a speech he was going to give.

But are you saying that it's even someone should automatically be considered a terrorist if they write or speak arabic launguages at the airport?
    Hindsight is 20:20 easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together AFTER the event happens.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Hindsight is 20:20 easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together AFTER the event happens.
    No, not hindsight clear signs. FBi had Clear signs and notifications. Not just . Guys who had rags on there heads.
    they had warnings from foreign countries, had Atta on a watch list PRE-911. One FBI translator said they had some info recorded. another had already arrest for suspicion. the father notified the FBi about the underwear bomber but they did nothing. The way he was boarded onto the plane at the last minute without a passport and proper papers was another sign. Finally several passengers told enough authorities for them to move onces his pants were on fire.

So yeah yeah partial and selective blindness shouldn't be redefined as hindsight being clearer.

but sure is it possible to stop ALL terror before hand , of course not. but it does no go to pretend that every person that's foreign, brown, and writes funny is by default a terrorist.

the profile has to be MUCH narrower.
    that's my point.

And i think you understand that idea when placed on the other foot.
    Just because someone is white and from the america doesn't mean he or she is a racist.
    Should we be suspicious of ALL white? looks like a duck right? Add a confederate flag to it what now? that's SURLY a duck right? with people so concerned about racism it makes no sense for anyone to wave that around.. right?
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-15-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

No, not hindsight clear signs. FBi had Clear signs and notifications. Not just . Guys who had rags on there heads.
    they had warnings from foreign countries, had Atta on a watch list PRE-911. One FBI translator said they had some info recorded. another had already arrest for suspicion. the father notified the FBi about the underwear bomber but they did nothing. The way he was boarded onto the plane at the last minute without a passport and proper papers was another sign. Finally several passengers told enough authorities for them to move onces his pants were on fire.

So yeah yeah partial and selective blindness shouldn't be redefined as hindsight being clearer.

but sure is it possible to stop ALL terror before hand , of course not. but it does no go to pretend that every person that's foreign, brown, and writes funny is by default a terrorist.

the profile has to be MUCH narrower.
    that's my point.

And i think you understand that idea when placed on the other foot.
    Just because someone is white and from the america doesn't mean he or she is a racist.
    Should we be suspicious of ALL white? looks like a duck right? Add a confederate flag to it what now? that's SURLY a duck right? with people so concerned about racism it makes no sense for anyone to wave that around.. right?
    I didn't bring up skin color.
    And none of those signs are clear until after the event happened. Those pieces of information beforehand don't add up to buildings collapsing. Well maybe they do now. Now that we have the biggest piece of the puzzle: the event.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

No, not hindsight clear signs. FBi had Clear signs and notifications.
    You have obviously not read what I have written regarding the refusal of Intel
    and Security Agencies to share information prior to 9/11.

It was not GWB's fault, nor was it Bill Clinton's. It was a condition that existed
    for decades. I used to run Wants and Warrants checks, domestic checks on vessels,
    checks on foreign persons or vessels, even aircraft through EPIC. If ,say, a person's
    profile was to have shown "DEA Interest", I'd have to get higher authority to get the
    information from them and provide it to the asset on scene.

GWB put a screeching halt to that lack of sharing and cooperation after the facts
    of 9/11 were revealed. FBI knew something, ICE knew something, CBP knew something,
    FAA knew something, CIA knew something, DOD knew something, NCIC knew something.

But all of that was not put into a single pot to put it all together. GWB stopped that
    Mini-Empire mindset and demanded combining all efforts.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This profiling argument reminds me of something that was in a Dirty Harry movie.

Harry was admonished for shooting a guy several months before. His reply was
    (paraphrased, because I cannot remember the entirety) "When you see a naked man
    with a hard-on and a butcher knife chasing a woman down a dark alley, you can
    bet he was not there collecting for the Red Cross".
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-16-2016 at 12:41 AM.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    This profiling argument reminds me of something that was in a Dirty Harry movie.

Harry was admonished for shooting a guy several months before. His reply was
    (paraphrased, because I cannot remember the entirety) "When you see a naked man
    with a hard-on and a butcher knife chasing a woman down a dark alley, you can
    bet he was not there collecting for the Red Cross".
    Ain't it kind of funny how all the "experts" on this sh*t ain't ever been in it?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Ain't it kind of funny how all the "experts" on this sh*t ain't ever been in it?
    It is both funny and sad.

Sad they will not listen to those that have 'Been There, Done That!'

A Deplorable!