Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
Arthur is a friend I met on an internet site. We have never met face to face. After several years of exchanging emails, pm's , poems and discussing family etc--I've found him to be quite remarkable and very kind.
So unlike my former friends from my youth that simply had to be tough, hard-asses. I now look for that and other great qualities in a person.
I have friends here and friends out in the real world.
These last 15 years I do not socialize often WITH ANY BUT FAMILY IN THE REAL WORLD.
My friends know, I am a kind of keep to myself person now after years of being a wild , crazy and live it up high flying ,
gambling, fight loving fool.
I still hold my same values but have reshuffled which are more important to me and mine in this life..
Once for years, I lived divorced from even my friends. I found that had a certain set of advantages and disadvantages...
Now in my old age(62+), I look back and wonder what I would have been had my father not died when I was just a kid.
He would have never allowed me to destroy me like I did for well over 19 years..

Gunny, you adherence to a solid set of principles is to be greatly admired (I do) but also one must live in this world too.
And forgive others of their ignorance and selfish desires. That was a biggie for me to ever learn.. still learning on that one my friend.. --Tyr
We see things differently. Not a criticism; rather, an observation. Environment has a LOT to do with. I know I always talk about the military, but it is pertinent. For every bit I talk about it, there's a down side. Most of y'all have friends you've known all your life. I have none. We moved from base to base. I was born on an Air Force base and we were in Turkey by the time I was 2. We never stayed anywhere for very long. Your latest friend is the other guy in base housing and it's just a matter of time which one of us is leaving first. You don't get close to people. When you do, it's too much when you go.

I'm a loner. Always have been. Friends are just something else to be taken away from you. You just become detached. I don't know anyone from my childhood but my mother and father, and I don't know anyone at all from when I was in the Corps.

I guess if I had a friend it was my grandfather. That dude could do no wrong in my eyes. After he passed I found out back in the 30s and 40s he was as big a Hellraiser as me. Guess the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I forgive some and some not so much. There are some that better be glad I'm not Zeus. Some people don't deserve forgiveness.