Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
Actually cooking one's own food and planning for it is how to eliminate 'nothing nutritional around here,' as a problem. Usually I have a choice of 3 or 4 different entrees and 1 or 2 soups in my freezer. I also have the option of making something fresh I just purchased. Saves time, money and is certainly healthier than running around trying to 'find something' while hungry.

When I was cooking for 4-7 near every day, I did near all the cooking on weekends and making portions when the kids had weird schedules. When I ran low or just wanted something 'just cooked' out came the crockpot the night before. Prepped everything, put crock in the fridge, plugged in at 6am when I left for school. I never felt like 'cooking' when I got home, I'd do it if I had to, but never wanted to.
The choice is not mine, ma'am. I'm not the one that gets catered to. When I had it my way, I'd have a steak and baked potato on the grill in a second. That means at most I have A plate to wash. And going all jarhead, they trip out I'll cook Ramen noodles and eat them out of the pan. I don't need a separate special bowl. And you should have seen the looks on their faces when I ate ravioli out of the can. Priceless.

I don't see the need for 10,000 dishes to make some crap I ain't gonna eat anyway, then wonder why I just gave up on washing dishes.