Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
gunny. You do know.....it's a fictional program, don't you? They use a fictional license (the writers) to identify anything they want, any way they want. TV, and MOVIES do a lot of that stuff.

I know it's fictional. But I'm a tech freak from WAY back. I cannot STAND Civil War movies where they're carrying 1873 Colt Peacemakers. Another one you can thank Clint for. He brought back the Colt Navy cap n ball in Josey Wales. I was like it's about damned time someone got something correct.

I was just surprised about the NCIS LA episode because Mark Harmon is so technically proficient in the original NCIS. He's got a Gunny down pat. He didn't come up with that on his own. He's got to have a technical advisor and do his homework.

But passing off LL Cool J as a SEAL? I want to know where. If you can go through the training they do and carry that body mass? All they do is swim and run. I was just a dumb grunt and had to tone down on the lifting because it was hurting my running. And I used to play basketball with those guys. They'd pipe them over to MCRD from Coronado to do their Corpsman thing.

I just thought it was a better topic than politics. I hate election years. I get so burnt out from that crap.