Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Australian teen jailed over Islamic State-inspired plot

Australian teen jailed over Islamic State-inspired plot

[Associated Press]
    September 4, 2016

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — A teenager who plotted to run over and behead a police officer as part of an Islamic State movement-inspired attack on an Australian Veterans' Day ceremony was sentenced on Monday to 10 years in prison.

Sevdet Besim, 19, had faced a maximum sentence of life in prison after pleaded guilty in Victoria state's Supreme Court in June to one count of planning for a terrorist act.

On Monday, the court instead ordered Besim to serve a 10-year prison term, with the possibility of parole after 7 ½ years.

Prosecutors said Besim was involved in a plot to attack last year's services in Melbourne or the neighboring city of Dandenong marking ANZAC Day, the annual commemoration of the 1915 Gallipoli landings in Turkey. The campaign was the first major military action fought by the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps during World War I and hundreds of thousands of people attend commemoration services around Australia.

Police said Besim was motivated by an extremist ideology and had expressed support for the Islamic State group.

In court documents, prosecutors said that Besim and a British accomplice had also discussed packing a kangaroo with explosives and painting it with the Islamic State symbol before setting it loose on Australian police officers. The documents don't suggest the alleged kangaroo plot was linked to the ANZAC Day plot.

Last year, a British court sentenced a 15-year-old boy from Blackburn, in northwestern England, for his role in the plot.
    Teen!!?? Really?? At what age are they a man over there?
    Folks, this is how they do it--how they down play Islam's command to murder.
    How the media tries to present it as youthful folly--nothing more!
    We see media-around the world doing this on a daily basis!

Would this piece of shit be called a teen if he'd not been a muzzie and had raped an underage girl?
    Hell no!!!
    They'd not tried to present it as youthful folly--as the label "teen" was used to try to do.

Any MALE CHILD that is not a man by age 18, has been raised by idiots IMHO.

That most media worldwide consistently does this crap should scare the hell out of all of you people-for it truly shows the power of the great darkness that protects Islam-- that of Lucifer himself ( protecting his cult)..-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-05-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, with all respect, sir, that article is crap. It had nothing to do with Islam. Everyone knows it is a religion of peace.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You could find a conspiracy in anything regarding Muslims Tyr.
    Someone who is eighteen/nineteen is describable as both adults or teens because both are true.
    Last edited by Noir; 09-05-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

6. Thanks sundaydriver thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Someone who is eighteen/nineteen is describable as both adults or teens because both are true.
    And you, Noir, will do the bog-standard Leftie thing of sanitising Islam and Islamists to the hilt. Tyr understands what Islam is all about ... the horrors, the evil, it's already visited upon our world, and will seek to inflict on it again and again until it's finally defeated.

You, for your part, will happily get extremely inventive in your convolutions in order to be apologists for them. It's What The Left Does.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

They wage Jihad, murder around the globe and have their cowardly appeasers around the globe aiding them--= no conspiracy-- instead just reality!
    Really?
    19 is labeled a teen, ok-- then a 19 year old teen male should be able to have sex with a 13 year old teen girl with no legal punishments -right?
    Get back to me on that one will ya???

Logic and common sense defeats liberal ignorance every damn time it is applied..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    19 is labeled a teen, ok-- then a 19 year old teen male should be able to have sex with a 13 year old teen girl with no legal punishments -right?

Logic and common sense defeats liberal ignorance every damn time it is applied..-Tyr
    Okay, I don't know how you think the law works, but it's not like that. The thought that you considered that a good point to make is hilarious xD

Are we going to have to get out the old dictionary definition to show that a nineTEEN year old is a teenager?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

11. Thanks sundaydriver thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    And you, Noir, will do the bog-standard Leftie thing of sanitising Islam and Islamists to the hilt. Tyr understands what Islam is all about ... the horrors, the evil, it's already visited upon our world, and will seek to inflict on it again and again until it's finally defeated.

You, for your part, will happily get extremely inventive in your convolutions in order to be apologists for them. It's What The Left Does.
    Drummond, between what years is someone considered to be a teenager?

please be aware that if your answer includes 'Nineteen' then you're sanitising Islam and Islamists to the hilt...and getting extremely inventive in your convolutions in order to be an apologist for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Okay, I don't know how you think the law works, but it's not like that. The thought that you considered that a good point to make is hilarious xD

Are we going to have to get out the old dictionary definition to show that a nineTEEN year old is a teenager?
    Sorry, that you can not see the deliberate intent in how the headline was misleading .....
    19 is a number--that much is true but the perception of titling the article as just a "teen" is deceptive..
    IF a nineteen year old male raped a baby girl, would they title it -- "teen" rapes 2 year old baby girl?
    No, they'd title it, man rapes two year old baby girl......
    That you and lib/dems always seem to see no intent in these clever little appeasing actions points to a much deeper problem of either deliberate defense of such knowing you are aiding or else ignorance on your part IMHO..
    NEITHER ONE OF THOSE IS A GOOD THING..
    THAT I SEE DEEPER AND CAN REASON WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MEDIA IS BECAUSE I REFUSE TO WALK THROUGH THE WORLD AS A BLIND DOOFUS.
    I educate myself and research the subjects I speak about..
    Islam is an evil cult , that teaches murder all opposition. Not only teaches but also demands it of its followers.
    You may enjoy your blindness but if something is not done soon, then one day you will see your error when they are about to cut off your head for not bowing down to the slavery and evil of Islam. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-06-2016 at 06:00 AM.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

It's very clear how educated on this topic when you start making statements like "then a 19 year old teen male should be able to have sex with a 13 year old teen girl with no legal punishments -right?" as an argument against calling a Nineteen year old a teen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

It's very clear how educated on this topic when you start making statements like "then a 19 year old teen male should be able to have sex with a 13 year old teen girl with no legal punishments -right?" as an argument against calling a Nineteen year old a teen
    Noir, I've a novel challenge for you. Are you up for it ?

How about ... committing yourself to typing a post where you express, and WITHOUT any qualification inserted, a total and scathing condemnation of what this Islamist did ?

Do you think you can do it ? Or, is the drive to sanitise just too strong to resist ?

Give it a go. You might find the exercise therapeutic, my son ...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Noir, I've a novel challenge for you. Are you up for it ?

How about ... committing yourself to typing a post where you express, and WITHOUT any qualification inserted, a total and scathing condemnation of what this Islamist did ?

Do you think you can do it ? Or, is the drive to sanitise just too strong to resist ?

Give it a go. You might find the exercise therapeutic, my son ...
    While I doubt very much anything I say will be good enough for you - it is without question great news that this wannabe murderer who gave away his brain so he could devote himself to his religion/cult has been stopped and will have many long years in prison to try and find some sense (:

As a reciprocal challenge (and certainly novel for me), would you please define the age between which someone is considered a teenager?
    Last edited by Noir; 09-06-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Teen!!?? Really?? At what age are they a man over there?
    Folks, this is how they do it--how they down play Islam's command to murder.
    How the media tries to present it as youthful folly--nothing more!
    We see media-around the world doing this on a daily basis!

Would this piece of shit be called a teen if he'd not been a muzzie and had raped an underage girl?
    Hell no!!!
    They'd not tried to present it as youthful folly--as the label "teen" was used to try to do.

Any MALE CHILD that is not a man by age 18, has been raised by idiots IMHO.

That most media worldwide consistently does this crap should scare the hell out of all of you people-for it truly shows the power of the great darkness that protects Islam-- that of Lucifer himself ( protecting his cult)..-Tyr

Sorry, that you can not see the deliberate intent in how the headline was misleading .....
    19 is a number--that much is true but the perception of titling the article as just a "teen" is deceptive..
    IF a nineteen year old male raped a baby girl, would they title it -- "teen" rapes 2 year old baby girl?
    No, they'd title it, man rapes two year old baby girl......
    That you and lib/dems always seem to see no intent in these clever little appeasing actions points to a much deeper problem of either deliberate defense of such knowing you are aiding or else ignorance on your part IMHO..
    NEITHER ONE OF THOSE IS A GOOD THING..
    THAT I SEE DEEPER AND CAN REASON WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MEDIA IS BECAUSE I REFUSE TO WALK THROUGH THE WORLD AS A BLIND DOOFUS.
    I educate myself and research the subjects I speak about..
    Islam is an evil cult , that teaches murder all opposition. Not only teaches but also demands it of its followers.
    You may enjoy your blindness but if something is not done soon, then one day you will see your error when they are about to cut off your head for not bowing down to the slavery and evil of Islam. -Tyr
    A headline describing a nineteen year old as a teenager is the norm rather than a global media conspiracy to protect a certain class of people. Read from today's local paper:

Patron was slashed by machete-wielding teen at Sheetz, cops say, Michael Farber, 19

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehi...rt_river_index

See that. No conspiracy, no Muzzie hiding, just describing a perpetrator. Happens everyday all over the world!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

While I doubt very much anything I say will be good enough for you - it is without question great news that this wannabe murderer who gave away his brain so he could devote himself to his religion/cult has been stopped and will have many long years in prison to try and find some sense (:

As a reciprocal challenge (and certainly novel for me), would you please define the age between which someone is considered a teenager?
    I note that your post is NOT devoid of an attempt at qualification, Noir.

As welcome as your (apparent) opposition to this individual's Islamic barbarity is ... still, you're trying to concentrate on a factor which can be seen by some as an avoidance of full culpability for actions committed. Note the point made in a previous post ... that if the Islamist factor wasn't present, then the likelihood of describing him as adult would've been greater. Minimise the perception of individual culpability and responsibility .. and, what do you have ?

A means, however indirect, of minimising the relevance to ADULT Islamic behaviour ... perhaps ?

19 years old ... makes this individual both a teenager, AND an adult ... as he's over 18. He acted as an adult Islamist. He should be regarded as such.

I'm sure you'd prefer that he wasn't, Noir. I'm correct, aren't I ?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

19 years old ... makes this individual both a teenager, AND an adult
    But when i said

Quote Originally Posted by Noir

I was meet with

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond
    bog-standard Leftie thing of sanitising Islam and Islamists to the hilt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

But when i said

[/COLOR]
    I was meet with

You still want to concentrate on the 'teenager' aspect, though. WHY ?

How is it relevant to what this trash was up to ?

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post