Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Agreed, Stein or Johnson would have been able to debate Hilary more competently. Trump was nothing but bravado. It's really really pathetic.
    A shame that the American public haven't much of an interest in someone like Johnson, and snubbed him the more they got to know him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Does Trump not know what the word "cyber" means by itself?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    A shame that the American public haven't much of an interest in someone like Johnson, and snubbed him the more they got to know him.
    The political machine ate him up. No mystery there. If you're not a republican or liberal you got no chance, ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

I gotta say, he does seem to think that everyone is out to get him somehow. At the same time, Holt did go after him a little different regarding Iraq, whereas he really didn't go after Clinton really at all regarding the tough questions. So no, I really don't think he was hostile towards Trump, I think he should have been MORE hostile towards Hillary.

-----

Trump on Debate: I Did Well; Holt Asked Some 'Hostile Questions'

Donald Trump Tuesday morning said he feels he did "really well" in Monday night's debate, but said he felt he had some "hostile questions," complained that he had experienced some issues with his microphone during the event at Hofstra University, and slammed a former Miss Universe pageant winner Hillary Clinton had referenced at the end of the debate.

"I thought it went really well," Trump told Fox News' "Fox & Friends" program. "I had some hostile questions. That was okay. It was the debate of debates."

Trump said he would give NBC News' Lester Holt, the moderator of the first debate, "about a C or C-plus" rating, and he thinks the anchorman did a good job overall, but said Holt did not ask Clinton many questions that he thought should have been asked.

"Well, he didn't ask her about the emails at all," said Trump. "He didn't ask her about her scandals. He didn't ask her about the Benghazi deal that she destroyed. He didn't ask her about a lot of things she should have been asked about. There's no question about it. He didn't ask about her foundation."

But still, he didn't think Holt did a bad job, even if he did hit him hard on the last four questions of the debate.

"They were leaving all her little goodies out," said Trump. "I was asked about my tax returns, which I've told about 500 times. But I think I really did well, when we were asked normal questions. I think I did really well in answering those questions, but those [other] questions are not answerable in a positive light."

Further, Trump said he could have hit Clinton with the scandals concerning her husband's infidelities, after her attacks on him about his statements about women, but he didn't do so because daughter Chelsea was in the room.

"I think I did the right thing," said Trump. "It's not worth a point. I didn't feel comfortable doing it with Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea is a fine young lady. I didn't like doing it with Chelsea in the room."

Trump said he also wishes he'd brought up the Benghazi, Libya attacks.

"Don't forget, you are asked a question as to progress or something, and it's hard to get off to Benghazi sometimes the way the questions were framed," said Trump. "You start off in a totally — the opposite of Benghazi, and so Benghazi can't get brought up, but it was a very interesting evening."

Further, he said he thought the first half of the evening went well, but "in the end, they start bringing up 45-year-old lawsuits," said Trump, and Holt "leaned over to that [left] lane, but I don't know, every poll — I won slate. I won Drudge [Report], I got almost 90 percent of the vote in the poll. I won Time magazine. I won CBS.

"I won every single poll other than CNN and not many people are watching CNN. I tell you what, that place is a disaster. The people they have on those shows, they are third rate talent as announcers on that show. The moderators. They are terrible."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trum.../27/id/750341/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Does Trump not know what the word "cyber" means by itself?
    He should just ask Anthony Wiener, who can be a professional "cyber sex" junkie!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Is this spot on? On the up and up? Because if so, it would say a lot about his character. Or is he just BS'n?

-----

Why Trump decided not to bring up Monica Lewinsky at debate

Donald Trump said he held back from bringing up Monica Lewinsky at the Monday presidential debate — because he saw Chelsea Clinton in the audience.

“When she hit me at the end with the women, I was going to hit her with her husband’s women and I decided I shouldn’t do it because her daughter was in the room,” Trump said Tuesday morning in a phone interview on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.”

Clinton had taken aim at Trump by quoting sexist comments he’d made in the past.

“I didn’t feel comfortable doing it with Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea is a fine young lady,” Trump said in the morning-after interview.

After the debate, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said the Republican nominee was going to call Clinton “phony as a feminist.”

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/why-tru...sky-at-debate/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Is this spot on? On the up and up? Because if so, it would say a lot about his character. Or is he just BS'n?

-----

Why Trump decided not to bring up Monica Lewinsky at debate

Donald Trump said he held back from bringing up Monica Lewinsky at the Monday presidential debate — because he saw Chelsea Clinton in the audience.

“When she hit me at the end with the women, I was going to hit her with her husband’s women and I decided I shouldn’t do it because her daughter was in the room,” Trump said Tuesday morning in a phone interview on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.”

Clinton had taken aim at Trump by quoting sexist comments he’d made in the past.

“I didn’t feel comfortable doing it with Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea is a fine young lady,” Trump said in the morning-after interview.

After the debate, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said the Republican nominee was going to call Clinton “phony as a feminist.”

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/why-tru...sky-at-debate/
    Coulda shoulda woulda

I hope a lot of people watch the other two debates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

If he'd gone after Hillary the way he went after Jeb, We would be having a different conversation this morning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

FYI, my BIL in NH told me Hillary is running tons of ads with the "Trump demeans women" theme. Trump wasn't exaggerating about how much she is spending to trash him.

And in that regard, I thought that after missing a golden opportunity to rip Hillary about the emails, the worst thing Trump did was say that Hillary "doesn't have the look" to be President. He tried like mad to get out of it by repeating she doesn't have the stamina, but the damage was done. I expect Hillary to play that up now.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    If he'd gone after Hillary the way he went after Jeb, We would be having a different conversation this morning
    While I would have enjoyed that, I'm not so sure. He has to tread carefully because she's a woman. And on top of that, she has him on the defensive because of his comments about women over the years. That stuff resonates with lots of women.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    While I would have enjoyed that, I'm not so sure. He has to tread carefully because she's a woman. And on top of that, she has him on the defensive because of his comments about women over the years. That stuff resonates with lots of women.
    If what you say is true, we may be in trouble.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    If what you say is true, we may be in trouble.
    I think it is, and I tragically think we are. I think the women on this board are somewhat unusual politically.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I think it is, and I tragically think we are. I think the women on this board are somewhat unusual politically.
    Perhaps. But the women on this board are white women.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I mean if he can't push her back when she hits him, what chance does could he have?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

Democracy NOW
    expanding the debate Jill Stein joins the debate

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/2..._stein_debates
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-27-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16