58 Post(s)

Default Preliminary list shows potential Trump Cabinet picks

Preliminary list shows potential Trump Cabinet picks

Preliminary list shows potential Trump Cabinet picks
    The Hill
    The Hill
    Nikita Vladimirov
    13 hrs ago

Donald Trump's transition team has prepared a preliminary list of potential Cabinet members for his upcoming administration.

The list obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals a number of familiar faces including Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich and others being weighed for multiple positions.

In total, the list includes 41 names and covers 14 different departments. A source told BuzzFeed that the list is not final, and will likely be changed in the future.

Attorney general picks include Chris Christie, Jeff Sessions and Rudy Giuliani.

Newt Gingrich, John Bolton and Bob Corker are listed as potential picks for the secretary of State.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus is the only name listed under chief of staff, while Sessions is also the only one being considered for director of Office of Management and Budget.

Potential secretary of Commerce picks include Christie and Huckabee, while Carson is under consideration to be secretary of Education.

Christie is also being weighed for secretary of Homeland Security, and Carson, Gingrich and Florida Gov. Rick Scott are potential picks for secretary of Health and Human Services.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin also makes a surprise appearance on the shortlist, mentioned as one of seven potential candidates to become the Secretary of the Interior.
    Not too big on Christie or Priebus for any position but the rest are ok IMHO..
    The Palin pick is solid gold, if for no other reason than-- it will drive the moonbat leftist dem scum crazy! --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks jimnyc, NightTrain, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I SO hope Palin gets a ticket. Would love to see some lose their lunch for 4 years over her having a position. I think she would do a fine job.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He is wise in his choices. He's surrounding himself with people of experience, knowledge, power,
    and influence.

So many liberals thought he would govern like a loose cannon. But liberals prefer the term 'rule'
    rather than 'govern'.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...cabinet-231071
    Last edited by Elessar; 11-10-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Palin as Secretary of the Interior overseeing the BLM, NPS and USGS?

Perfect!

How cool is it that I personally know a member of Trump's cabinet?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Palin as Secretary of the Interior overseeing the BLM, NPS and USGS?

Perfect!

How cool is it that I personally know a member of Trump's cabinet?
    I've got to imagine that is a real delight.

I knew one who was a temporary Secretary of HLS...a retired USCG Admiral, James Loy.
    I was his catcher for our base softball team back in 1978/79, and helped write most of the
    survival swimming curriculum we taught to OCS cadets in the wake of the Cuyahoga accident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Cuyahoga_(WIX-157)
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

8. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Giuliani as AG is perfection!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Giuliani as AG is perfection!

He's a natural for that.

Also, I read that Ben Carson will be responsible for getting rid of Obamacare for us.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

It seems to me that if Trump picks the people that have been floated then it's really NOT kicking out the lobbyist and old establishment ... at all.

It's just more of the same, warhawk Neo-Cons (Bolton etc), unconstitutional neo-facist (Rudy etc), soft "conservative" friends under possible indictment (Christy) Goldman-Sach Morgan-Stanley cronies (Mnuchin).

"...But the Trump transition team is a who’s who of influence peddlers, including: energy adviser Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist for Koch Industries and the Walt Disney Company; adviser Eric Ueland, a Senate Republican staffer who previously lobbied for Goldman Sachs; and Transition General Counsel William Palatucci, an attorney in New Jersey whose lobbying firm represents Aetna and Verizon. Rick Holt, Christine Ciccone, Rich Bagger, and Mike Ferguson are among the other corporate lobbyists helping to manage the transition effort...."
    https://theintercept.com/2016/11/08/...ion-lobbyists/

Doesn't look much like a new day from here.
    And I have to say, some of what you guys REALLY are happy about doesn't sound like the constitutional, small gov't conservatism that brought me to the republican party years ago.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-12-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I read an article this morning that stated they need to bring in a total of 4,000 people. Damn, I had no idea that's how many get involved.

But as far as the chief picks, and all of the major cabinet picks being tossed around, I love them! I haven't seen a single one yet proposed that I take issue with!! Not one single problem for me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I read an article this morning that stated they need to bring in a total of 4,000 people. Damn, I had no idea that's how many get involved.

But as far as the chief picks, and all of the major cabinet picks being tossed around, I love them! I haven't seen a single one yet proposed that I take issue with!! Not one single problem for me.
    4000 is the minimum. Every 4 years many leave just because they've pumped their resumes enough to move on to more money in the private sector. While of course the cabinet positions are what most pay attention to, that is 1 person in a huge department and all have many locations outside of DC. Patronage has always been part and parcel of the executive-including ambassadors and their staffs throughout the world.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    4000 is the minimum. Every 4 years many leave just because they've pumped their resumes enough to move on to more money in the private sector. While of course the cabinet positions are what most pay attention to, that is 1 person in a huge department and all have many locations outside of DC. Patronage has always been part and parcel of the executive-including ambassadors and their staffs throughout the world.
    I'm naive. I always looked at the cabinet positions as you state. I guess I don't think about details, and down the road and other places and foreign places. That's a lot of jobs to replace.

18. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Hey, I'm available! Do we have an Ambassador to Bermuda?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Rand Paul on Prospective Trump Secretary of State Pick John Bolton: No Way

Senator declares: "President-elect Donald Trump campaigned on changing our disastrous foreign policy. To appoint John Bolton would be a major first step toward breaking that promise."

One of the things I occasionally liked about the President-elect was his opposition to the Iraq war and regime change. He not only grasped the mistake of that war early, but also seemed to fully understand how it disrupted the balance of power in the Middle East and even emboldened Iran.
    We liberated Iraq, but today their best friend is Iran, their second greatest ally is Russia, and their third strongest alliance is with Syria. Trump really seems to get the lesson. Hillary Clinton never did.
    <aside class="ad" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica, helvetica, sans-serif;">
    </aside>But the Bolton news, Paul thinks, casts doubts on whether or not Trump has any non-interventionist sense:
    <iframe style="border-style: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; height: 0px; width: 620px;"></iframe>John Bolton never learned and never will...John Bolton more often stood with Hillary Clinton and against what Donald Trump has advised.
    None of this is secret. It's all out there. Perhaps the incoming administration should take a closer look.
    Paul goes on to point out that Trump was willing to say that the Iraq invasion was a mistake, based on lies. Bolton also thought that it was right that we should have intervened to overthrow Gadhafi in Libya, another decision candidate Trump decried.
    Further, Paul writes:
    The fact that Russia has had a base in Syria for 50 years doesn't deter Bolton from calling for all out, no holds barred war in Syria. Bolton criticized the current administration for offering only a tepid war. For Bolton, only a hot-blooded war to create democracy across the globe is demanded.
    Paul concludes bluntly: "President-elect Donald Trump campaigned on changing our disastrous foreign policy. To appoint John Bolton would be a major first step toward breaking that promise."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2874780

Rand Paul ....I couldn't vote for Bolton unless he repudiated his support for the Iraq War and repudiated his support for regime change throughout the Middle East, repudiated his call for immediately bombing Iran," Paul told CNN's Wolf Blitzer."I mean really, you want a diplomat in charge of diplomacy. You don't want a bomb-thrower," said the Republican senator.
    As for Giuliani, Paul said it would be "a stiff, uphill climb" to vote for him. "Giuliani and Bolton are very similar," Paul said. "Bolton just has a more extensive cheerleading background with regard to war in the Middle East."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Obama was against Iraq, yet filled cabinet positions with Iraq proponents: Hillary, Emanuel, Kerry, Biden