Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default A Lesson To Be Learned?

There's no way to avoid the glee that Hillary is not going to be President Clinton. There's also no way to avoid the conclusion that a large part of the reason she is not is because her party chose to ignore both current and past scandals and crimes from the candidate and those who served her.

I couldn't support Trump, for reasons listed too many times-beating a dead horse is an understatement. However he did win and I will give him a chance, as I would any president, (I hope. I'm finding that difficult to say since what if things get worse down the line?) I won't ignore things that he does well or things that are likely to come back and bite all of us in the rear.

Anyways, here is something a bit worrisome, IMO. Sometimes there's a lot to be learned from those one disagrees with on some issues. One can be a huge fan of a candidate or an elected official and still see mischief in the making, that can be the undoing of that favored person down the line. In a way, it will be a test whether those that really believe in the man-whether supporters and/or advisors are willing to tell him that this is a mistake along the Clinton Foundation lines:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/1...a-blind-trust/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks SassyLady, Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Speaking of 'giving him a chance' a voice of reason:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/1...-him-a-chance/

Barkley on Trump: ‘We have to give him a chance’

POSTED AT 10:01 AM ON NOVEMBER 11, 2016 BY LARRY O'CONNOR

Is former NBA superstar Charles Barkley emerging as the voice of reason in the popular culture when it comes to post-election analysis?

Here are his remarks on TNT’s Inside the NBA and although he says he didn’t vote for Donald Trump, he thinks America needs to “give him a chance.” USA Today has the video here.

“Well, Ernie. It’s been kind of shell-shock, to be honest with you, the last 48 hours with Mr. Trump becoming the president. I was in shock, I’m not gonna lie. I was totally surprised at the election results. That being said, we’ve got to move on. I was disappointed because my candidate didn’t win, number one. But like I said, it’s over now. He’s going to be the president of the United States. We’ve got to respect the office, and we have to give him a chance. That’s the bottom line.

“Somebody always loses an election. We’ve been fortunate that we’ve won the last couple with President Obama. We didn’t win this one. But like I said, I respect the office of the president of the United States, and we have to give him a chance. Everything he’s said in the past, that’s water under the bridge. We have to give him a chance, and we have to support him because he’s the president of the United States of America.”

You have to hand it to the “Round Mound of Rebound” as this short statement represents something that most other Clinton supporters haven’t quite been able to bring themselves to accept. Whether it’s Miley Cyrus or America Ferrera sobbing on their Instagram accounts, or even worse, Madonna and Mark Ruffalo actually joining the <del style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">protesters</del> rioters in New York City Thursday night, representatives of America’s popular culture have shown themselves to be less that magnanimous in their reaction to the results of this week’s quadrennial exercise in Democratic Republicanism.

Maybe Barkley is in a better place to accept a loss because, despite his great talent, he was denied the NA championship during his storied career. In other words, he understands what it means to lose. It takes more character to accept a loss than it does to celebrate a win. Winning is easy.

But, in this era of “participation trophies” awarded to every young child playing Little League or soccer over the past two decades, America has raised a generation of young people who have no idea how to accept a loss. They should look to Barkley as a role model. Ironic, isn’t it?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well said Kat. Trump was not my first choice - I was a Scott Walker fan

But Trump is doing pretty damn good so far. Seeing him and Obama being respectful and smiling at each other was something to watch. Trump knows how to make deals and get what he wants. Lets hope he hits ball out of the park once again

I am watching MSNBC and the newest "scandal" is his Cabinet seems to too white and male. Where is the "diversity?"

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

5. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

But Trump is doing pretty damn good so far. Seeing him and Obama being respectful and smiling at each other was something to watch. Trump knows how to make deals and get what he wants. Lets hope he hits ball out of the park once again

I am watching MSNBC and the newest "scandal" is his Cabinet seems to too white and male. Where is the "diversity?"
    I'll applaud when he rescinds all or most of Obama's executive orders. Those are going to send serious hurt on folks that didn't understand the differences between EO and legislation, but needs to be done.

OTOH, this blind trust is a serious joke and ripe for pay to play. The question on the table, will his supporters, staff, lawyers give him the advice to avoid being Clinton like? Or will they turn into what they despise and ignore the problems in the making?

7. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'll applaud when he rescinds all or most of Obama's executive orders. Those are going to send serious hurt on folks that didn't understand the differences between EO and legislation, but needs to be done.

OTOH, this blind trust is a serious joke and ripe for pay to play. The question on the table, will his supporters, staff, lawyers give him the advice to avoid being Clinton like? Or will they turn into what they despise and ignore the problems in the making?

I agree with the blind trust. He needs to do much more the a blind trust

My opinion (for what its worth) Newt for Chief of Staff. Rudy or Pam Bondi for AG. Ben Carson for Surgeon General. and put Kelly Ann Conway as his #1 adviser who knows what he knows. She got him to the finish line and I think she can keep his ego and temper in check

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

Too white, eh???
    Since when is getting the best and brightest in ones administration based upon skin color.
    Wouldn't that be racist to do??
    Sure it would be , but as always, being racist to promote blacks over any other race is perfectly ok according to these self-appointed guardians of race equality and fairness..

These asshats lose, then they want to be given power to pick his cabinet for him--was such power granted by obama to the Republicans/conservatives when his sorry ass took the throne? Was such power called for by the dem controlled, slavish media??
    No sir,the obama put in the most left-wing hardcore radicals and scum that he could get to serve under his dictatorial reign and do his bidding!
    And was praised by these same vermin crying how Trump should now do as they say..
    FFK THEM,THEY ARE VERMIN.... ..-TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Thanks Balu, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Too white, eh???
    Since when is getting the best and brightest in ones administration based upon skin color.
    Wouldn't that be racist to do??
    Sure it would be , but as always, being racist to promote blacks over any other race is perfectly ok according to these self-appointed guardians of race equality and fairness..

These asshats lose, then they want to be given power to pick his cabinet for him--was such power granted by obama to the Republicans/conservatives when his sorry ass took the throne? Was such power called for by the dem controlled, slavish media??
    No sir,the obama put in the most left-wing hardcore radicals and scum that he could get to serve under his dictatorial reign and do his bidding!
    And was praised by these same vermin crying how Trump should now do as they say..
    FFK THEM,THEY ARE VERMIN.... ..-TYR

That is DNCTV

To white. No women, Muslims, or minorities

For some reason libs are the ones who are obsessed with race while they accuse Republicans of being racist

Ronald Reagan

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I certainly hope there are no issues with his kids taking this over. But what is the alternative? They were already running the business with him, so that will continue. I'm not sure the issue would be any different with a 'blind' party, as his business and the kids running it would still remain the same. With that said, I CLEARLY see the problem and fully understand. Me saying I trust his kids doesn't cut it. But at the same time, I don't think he could force them out and have someone run the company either. I think what needs to be done - is to keep things of that nature under a microscope and ensure he doesn't perform any of that. I really don't see it happening, but fully understand the concern. But if me and my business, and this being my kids, I keep them in charge as well. Maybe have an independent auditor involved somehow too?

Assange I have mixed emotions about. I'd be lying if I said I didn't fully enjoy his emails coming out! But like the article says, do we absolve criminal liability because he harmed a political opponent?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I certainly hope there are no issues with his kids taking this over. But what is the alternative? They were already running the business with him, so that will continue. I'm not sure the issue would be any different with a 'blind' party, as his business and the kids running it would still remain the same. With that said, I CLEARLY see the problem and fully understand. Me saying I trust his kids doesn't cut it. But at the same time, I don't think he could force them out and have someone run the company either. I think what needs to be done - is to keep things of that nature under a microscope and ensure he doesn't perform any of that. I really don't see it happening, but fully understand the concern. But if me and my business, and this being my kids, I keep them in charge as well. Maybe have an independent auditor involved somehow too?

Assange I have mixed emotions about. I'd be lying if I said I didn't fully enjoy his emails coming out! But like the article says, do we absolve criminal liability because he harmed a political opponent?

He can find a very good trust attorney, or law firm to oversee the company. I do not think it can be that hard. If an attorney can oversee an estate they can oversee President Elect Trump's company.

Am I wrong here?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Conflicting thoughts here regarding Assange, as well.

On one hand, his steady leaks of inside info were devastating as they illuminated the corruption within the Clinton machine. This gained Trump untold numbers of voters.

He also gave us Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's head, and if nothing more than this, he deserves gratitude from the bottom of my heart.

Assange exposed CNN's giving the debate questions to Clinton, which is a very serious breach of ethics and forever will CNN be tainted by that. Yeah, they threw the hapless Brazile under the bus, but they knew what was going on. All you had to do was look at their front page on any given day, skim the headlines and know who they were in the bag for. Sure, most of us political junkies suspected what was going on, but it's very rewarding to be proven right by hard evidence.

On the other hand....

I am positive he would have gleefully wrecked Trump as well, had he been given the chance. The difference is that Trump isn't a career criminal with a pattern of corruption spanning decades - and Trump didn't have morons running the IT department.

That being said, I don't want our national security compromised in the future by Assange. And he most certainly will, the very next time he gets his hands on US Government documents with no regard to personnel safety in hostile areas.

If he promised to limit his international releases to exposing corruption wherever it may be, and not releasing life-threatening intel, I'd be on board with a policy of Live and Let Live.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

16. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've no doubt you all know more about the family and their business interests than I. My understanding though from listening during the convention was that they all have their own companies and serve on staff of his 'Trump Corp.' In any case at all, the blind trust is to keep any knowledge of the business from the person serving the public, certainly pertains to President. To think 'his kids' are going to keep information from him? That's no different than Hillary's promises to keep the Foundation out of her State interests. That didn't work, as we all know.

Again, the best folks to point this out are those close to him and supporting him. You KNOW the media isn't going to let him be Teflon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've no doubt you all know more about the family and their business interests than I. My understanding though from listening during the convention was that they all have their own companies and serve on staff of his 'Trump Corp.' In any case at all, the blind trust is to keep any knowledge of the business from the person serving the public, certainly pertains to President. To think 'his kids' are going to keep information from him? That's no different than Hillary's promises to keep the Foundation out of her State interests. That didn't work, as we all know.

Again, the best folks to point this out are those close to him and supporting him. You KNOW the media isn't going to let him be Teflon.
    But if the Trump kids are directly employed at his organization, and already run several things, I really don't know what the alternative is. They should certainly be able to continue their careers. As for what they tell him, that's a sticky one. Even if there were 10 blind folks in charge, the kids would still be working there, and I think Donald would still kinda know what would make his business interests more successful regardless. I don't know the answers, but I do think this situation is different than prior presidents. It's rare that one takes office, leaves such a massive business behind & has several children that were helping operate the business, still operate the business.

But he'll be out in the open. I can't imagine him using an executive order to do something that may directly help his business. Outside of that, we'll see most things coming from congress. With how famous his business is, I can't imagine it not being out in the open should something be politically done that would be purposely done in order to help his business interests.

I also don't think Trump will have any interest whatsoever in pay to play crap. That's why a lot of folks voted for him. I think he's financially secure, as are his children, and I don't see him doing such.

The only way for 'sure' that I can think of making everyone happy in all of this, would be for the kids to all be away from the Trump organization, and that's not realistic or fair.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

But if the Trump kids are directly employed at his organization, and already run several things, I really don't know what the alternative is. They should certainly be able to continue their careers. As for what they tell him, that's a sticky one. Even if there were 10 blind folks in charge, the kids would still be working there, and I think Donald would still kinda know what would make his business interests more successful regardless. I don't know the answers, but I do think this situation is different than prior presidents. It's rare that one takes office, leaves such a massive business behind & has several children that were helping operate the business, still operate the business.

But he'll be out in the open. I can't imagine him using an executive order to do something that may directly help his business. Outside of that, we'll see most things coming from congress. With how famous his business is, I can't imagine it not being out in the open should something be politically done that would be purposely done in order to help his business interests.

I also don't think Trump will have any interest whatsoever in pay to play crap. That's why a lot of folks voted for him. I think he's financially secure, as are his children, and I don't see him doing such.

The only way for 'sure' that I can think of making everyone happy in all of this, would be for the kids to all be away from the Trump organization, and that's not realistic or fair.

Well as pointed out in the article from the OP, it may not be illegal. However just want to remind everyone that when it's done 'by your guy' it's likely to be followed, by someone you don't care to give that leeway to.

Ask how the Republicans are feeling about being 'fair' regarding the filibuster? If they don't pull that trigger regarding SCOTUS they are worse than all of you thought.

I hope you're right about the EO, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more of them. Then again, I'm cynical about all of them, I just wasn't so much so about 'We the People.' That definitely hurt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well as pointed out in the article from the OP, it may not be illegal. However just want to remind everyone that when it's done 'by your guy' it's likely to be followed, by someone you don't care to give that leeway to.

Ask how the Republicans are feeling about being 'fair' regarding the filibuster? If they don't pull that trigger regarding SCOTUS they are worse than all of you thought.

I hope you're right about the EO, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more of them. Then again, I'm cynical about all of them, I just wasn't so much so about 'We the People.' That definitely hurt.
    I'm not going to condemn for wrongdoing until some sort of wrongdoing is actually done. I wouldn't expect a democrat to have their kids leave their careers either, so it's not about my guy. Not having kids drop their careers and be unemployed sounds like common sense to me. Have some authority perhaps help overlook things, but not having them still running the company and still performing their jobs would be silly.

Again, what's the alternative? Would you really expect all of his children to end their careers early and walk away from the business?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm not going to condemn for wrongdoing until some sort of wrongdoing is actually done. I wouldn't expect a democrat to have their kids leave their careers either, so it's not about my guy. Not having kids drop their careers and be unemployed sounds like common sense to me. Have some authority perhaps help overlook things, but not having them still running the company and still performing their jobs would be silly.

Again, what's the alternative? Would you really expect all of his children to end their careers early and walk away from the business?
    Now I have no idea what you are referring to about the kids having to leave their jobs? Having trustees handling all the inside information on the company-the one Trump is involved with-would not leave his kids without jobs, incomes, or anything else. I'm seriously confused.