Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Obama was against Iraq, yet filled cabinet positions with Iraq proponents: Hillary, Emanuel, Kerry, Biden
    you're exactly right, Obama was a hypocritical liar in many areas.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-17-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

more reasons I've never liked Rudy Giuliani

Supported nationwide licensing & assault weapons ban
    Q: One of the raps against you is that as mayor you did things that pleased your city but that weren’t necessarily good for the nation. Case in point: Gun control. You now say that what works in New York doesn’t necessarily work in Montana. But as mayor, you supported the nationwide Clinton assault weapons ban. You supported nationwide federal licensing. And you actually joined a lawsuit to make gun manufacturers liable if someone used their gun to shoot somebody.A: I did everything I could as mayor o New York City to reduce crime. And the strategy against guns, both civil and criminal, was very aggressive.
    Q: But that wasn’t just tough in New York City, it was tough around the nation.
    A: But so was the strategy I utilized in New York City on everything. I was criticized for being too aggressive about the enforcement of the laws, including the gun laws. But the reality is I began with the city that was the crime capital of America. When I left, it was the safest large city in America.
    <center>Source: Fox News Sunday: 2007 “Choosing the President” interviews , May 14, 2007</center><center>

Things you do in NY about guns may be different than TX</center>Q: As mayor, you supported the nationwide Clinton assault weapons ban, & you supported nationwide federal licensing.A: The quote that I have from the time I was mayor is that the conditions in New York and the things you do in New York about guns may be different than Texas. And the reality is I’ve always looked at it that way.
    Q: But at the time you said, in fact, that weak gun laws in other states might actually end up producing guns on the streets of New York, so you needed nationwide laws.
    Q: What we were doing was using civil remedies to try to help New York, as well as using criminal remedies to help New York. The reality is as mayor of New York, I looked to do all the things that I could do to protect the people of my city.
    Q: And as president?
    A: As president, my interest is going to be how to protect the people of the United States of America. When I take that oath of office, it’ll be real clear to me who the people I have to protect are.
    <center>Source: Fox News Sunday: 2007 “Choosing the President” interviews , May 14, 2007</center><center>

Gun control reduces urban crime; no effect on hunting</center>Rudy Giuliani addressed a potentially troublesome issue with conservative voters, saying his policies as mayor to get handguns off the street helped reduce crime in New York. “I used gun control as mayor,” he said at a news conference, “but I understand the Second Amendment. I understand the right to bear arms.” He said what he did as mayor would have no effect on hunting.<center>Source: The Associated Press on WHDH.com , Feb 11, 2007</center><center>
    NYC sued two dozen major gun manufacturers and distributors</center>On June 20th [2000], I was pleased to announce that the City of New York filed a lawsuit against two dozen major gun manufacturers and distributors. This is an industry which profits from the suffering of innocent people. The lawsuit is intended to end the free pass that the gun industry has enjoyed for a very long time, which has resulted in too many avoidable deaths.
    Source: NYC.gov press release, “Lawsuit” , Jun 26, 2000
    http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Rud...un_Control.htm
    he's a chameleon, Now he says he's ok with less restrictive gun laws and he's a strict constitutionalist.

There are host of reasons why i think Giuliani's BAD NEWS as a cabinet pick.
    I suspect many are willing to overlook, gloss over and make more excuses for him though.
    and just buy the Americas 911 Mayor myth PR, and his talk rather than take a good hard look at his actions.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-17-2016 at 08:30 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Rand Paul on Prospective Trump Secretary of State Pick John Bolton: No Way

Senator declares: "President-elect Donald Trump campaigned on changing our disastrous foreign policy. To appoint John Bolton would be a major first step toward breaking that promise."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2874780

[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]
    What policies have Trump and Bolton already laid forward that is such an issue? What are their plans that they have declared that you already take issue with?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Not too big on Christie or Priebus for any position but the rest are ok IMHO..
    The Palin pick is solid gold, if for no other reason than-- it will drive the moonbat leftist dem scum crazy! --Tyr
    The idiot that has had ZERO control over the RNC for ANY position? I wouldn't make him head hall monitor at an elementary school.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I watched Giuliani day in and day out for a long time. He was never perfect, but still a great guy and a great choice for a cabinet position. I have no doubt he'll work hard for what is good for our nation.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I watched Giuliani day in and day out for a long time. He was never perfect, but still a great guy and a great choice for a cabinet position. I have no doubt he'll work hard for what is good for our nation.
    sounds like your glossing over the his actions and flipflopery

this is what Giuliani used to say about gun grabbing
    "Anything to get more guns off the street is good... but it's not only solution"
    " the more we can reduce the number of guns the better"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

you're exactly right, Obama was a hypocritical liar in many areas.
    I'm just wondering if people should be disqualified for disagreeing with President elect

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

"Anything to get more guns off the street is good... but it's not only solution"

And?

What policies have Trump and Bolton already laid forward that is such an issue? What are their plans that they have declared that you already take issue with?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

1993, Rev? He was Mayor of NY and the problem was HIS. Little different when you represent wishes of an administration.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I'm just wondering if people should be disqualified for disagreeing with President elect
    Seems to me that if a candidate say he's against "X", then it seems to me that He wouldn't appoint people who vigorously supported "X". Or set them up to oversee the septs that controls/directs "X".
    But If they all have consistently agreed on "Y" then ok sure.

Trump has said he thought Iraq was a mistake. Trumps has said that he's for less restrictive Gun laws.
    Giulinni has said the opposite on both.
    Bolton has been the opposite on Iraq and Trump non interevention-ish foreign policy. Bolton wants to war and bombing and and controlling other countries, he's pure neo-con interventionist.

seems to me that Rudy is not fit for AG or Secretary of State.
    And Bolton should be out of consideration for State and foreign policy post. EXCEPT dismantling the U.N. and some treaties.

maybe put Rudy over something else , though i think Rudy is a crook and should be no where near power again.
    but it will take to long to go over all the details why. And some of the reasons have already been dismissed by some here.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-17-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Seems to me that if a candidate say he's against "X", then it seems to me that He wouldn't appoint people who vigorously supported "X". Or set them up to oversee the septs that controls/directs "X".
    But If they all have consistently agreed on "Y" then ok sure.

Trump has said he thought Iraq was a mistake. Trumps has said that he's for less restrictive Gun laws.
    Giulinni has said the opposite on both.
    Bolton has been the opposite on Iraq and Trump non interevention-ish foreign policy. Bolton wants to war and bombing and and controlling other countries, he's pure neo-con interventionist.

seems to me that Rudy is not fit for AG or Secretary of State.
    And Bolton should be out of consideration for State and foreign policy post. EXCEPT dismantling the U.N. and some treaties.

maybe put Rudy over something else , though i think Rudy is a crook and should be no where near power again.
    but it will take to long to go over all the details why. And some of the reasons have already been dismissed by some here.
    Shouldn't they be judged on what they do going foward - not by what one of them did 23 years ago? Perhaps Trump wants "X" done, and that's what he is bringing these folks in for. That doesn't mean these folks get to come in and do "Y" just because they feel like it, or because that's what Rev believes. I think we should wait at least before we condemn folks on future actions, based on long past history.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    1993, Rev? He was Mayor of NY and the problem was HIS. Little different when you represent wishes of an administration.
    He made recommendations for the nation Gunny. He was working with Clinton on National assault ban bills.
    He SAYS he's changed.

Why take chances?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Shouldn't they be judged on what they do going foward -
    How can you know what they are going to do going forward Jim?
    the only real clue is by looking at there past.
    unless you just blindly trust what career politician promises.

not by what one of them did 23 years ago?
    So all the comments about what Hillary did during the Nixon Admin, and when she 1st proposed health Care and what she did to the women Bill abused and raped 20 -30 - 40 years WAS NOT worth bringing up jim?
    c'mon man. you know better. you're just being selective here.

Perhaps Trump wants "X" done, and that's what he is bringing these folks in for. That doesn't mean these folks get to come in and do "Y" just because they feel like it,...
    No it doesn't but it makes it FAR more likely than if he chose someone who has a Record of supporting X in the 1st place.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-17-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He made recommendations for the nation Gunny. He was working with Clinton on National assault ban bills.
    He SAYS he's changed.

Why take chances?
    Because it's Trump's agenda, not Rudy's. Because Rudy is a great man, respected by millions and millions throughout the nation. Sure, he's got some haters too, but that's typical of any politician.

Fact is though, he's not taking away guns, regulating guns or anything of the sort. I'd bet anything on that and worry this much about that happening, at the hands of Rudy no less -----> 0000.0000000000000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

He SAYS he's changed.

Why take chances?
    Why sit and do nothing for fear of what might happen? Your MO is to find a reason "why not" for everyone and everything. "Cabinet appointment" means "can be replaced".

I'm not a Rudy fan by any means. What I know about this is when he had to man the line in NYC his ass was out front leading. A quality sorely lacking in this nation these days.

The bigger threat to the 2nd Amendment is a Dem Supreme Court with a Dem President. I don't recall your being much involved in those conversations pre-election.