Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
    Neither, he has never seen a wild polar bear.

Haven't I?

Not that it's any of your damn business, but I used to work for Conoco-Phillips Alaska based in Anchorage. As part of the Telecom crew, we frequently flew to the North Slope to maintain and install computer / telephone networks.

I have indeed seen Polar Bears, including one of them was stalking a co-worker of mine out of the truck.

You may ask JimNYC about where I worked - he and I used to email each other frequently whilst I was employed there.

NOW, both of you smartass punks - How many Polar Bears and other bears have you observed and had dealings with in the wild?

I've seen them, lived among them, dealt with them, killed them, skinned them, ate them, and even rescued them. Years of experience, and I have the brown bear claw from the first bear I killed when I was 15 years old with a .44 Ruger carbine hanging on the wall above my computer here.

Other than a bunch of horseshit you both dredged up from the same bullshit site that has no credibility or basis in reality (let alone references) and a bunch of cutesy fucking bleeding-heart pictures, what is your experience with these animals?

And no, IdiotCannon, your little guided tour in Kodiak does not qualify you.

Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    sorry but they are WHITE.....they deserve to die
    Saving the polar bears from drowning/dying out due to starvation is not a race issue. It's about saving the environment and reducing global warming.

So, what are your suggestions?
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    if I lock up a goat in a cinderblock room with nothing to eat but glass, any kind of glass, that goat will die of starvation.

You simply believe too many myths...........city boy.
    Believing that global warming is causing the bears to die out because of starvation is not a myth. You and I disagree on a great many things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/sci/tech/521451.stm

Global warming could starve polar bears

Climate change is threatening polar bears with starvation by shortening their hunting season, according to a study by scientists from the Canadian Wildlife Service. The study of the bears in Western Hudson Bay also draws attention to the increasing numbers of hungry bears wandering into the northern Canadian community of Churchill, Manitoba.

Executive Director of the Churchill Northern Study Center, Harvey Lemelin said: "Bears now have to be moved away from property using everything from dogs to vehicles to cracker shells. In the last three years we've gone from 20 encounters to 36 and we're not done with the season yet."

Seals less accessible

The study, by Ian Stirling and colleagues is published in the journal Arctic. It finds that the bears' main food source, ringed seals, are becoming less accessible. The seals live on the ice of Hudson Bay but this ice is breaking up earlier and earlier.

The polar bears therefore have less time to hunt and are returning to land in poorer condition. Weight for both male and female polar bears is declining and female bears are having fewer cubs. However, significant population decline has not yet begun.

The study says that the sea ice season in western Hudson Bay has been reduced by about three weeks over the last 20 years. The scientists say the shorter season could be caused by a long-term warming trend.

'Cut greenhouse gases'

A previous Nasa study found a 2.9% decline in total Arctic sea ice extent over the last decade.

"The plight of the Hudson Bay polar bears is a warning that that climate change is not something that will happen far off in the future, it's happening now," said Stephanie Tunmore, climate campaigner with green pressure group Greenpeace.

"World governments must intensify negotiations to cut greenhouse gas emissions while simultaneously beginning the phase-out of fossil fuels and switch to renewables," she added.
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as I know, the white fluffy bears are doing just fine, in our neck of the woods...
    Last edited by stephanie; 07-03-2007 at 03:58 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    As far as I know, the white fluffy bears are doing just fine, in our neck of the woods...
    I disagree. The bears need our help desperately. Have you visited Polar Bear SOS?

Global Warming Threatens Polar Bears with Extinction!

Time is running out for polar bears. Scientists warn that rising Arctic temperatures may cause nearly all of the summer sea ice that the bears depend on for survival to vanish by 2040. Polar bears are already suffering the grim effects of global warming: birth rates are falling, fewer cubs are surviving and more bears are drowning. With more than 25 percent of the world's polar bear populations already in decline, further warming could drive this beloved animal to extinction by the end of this century! Act now!

more

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I disagree. The bears need our help desperately. Have you visited Polar Bear SOS?

Never been to bear SOS.......

But, I can tell you.....from living up here since.......

Our fluffy white bears............are doing AOK....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our fluffy white bears............are doing AOK....
    You seem to find humor in the strangest of things. Perhaps you could share your source showing the bears to be AOK.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You seem to find humor in the strangest of things. Perhaps you could share your source showing the bears to be AOK.

Don't need to prove a source...I live up here....

From all the fluffy white bears I've spoken to.......they say.......leave us alone..........thank you....

Wait.....I think they just told me...

If you don't live around them, and don't really know what the hell your taking about.......

They asked me to tell you.......

To sit down and shut the hell up......
    Last edited by stephanie; 07-03-2007 at 05:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't need to prove a source...I live up here....
    When making a claim, it is customary to provide a source.

Run this ad! Save the Polar Bear

Our new TV ad is reaching millions of Americans and sparking an outpouring of support for polar bear protection. Please help us keep this ad on the air!
    You may donate something to the cause. It would help the bears greatly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When making a claim, it is customary to provide a source.

You may donate something to the cause. It would help the bears greatly.
    My donation is what the fluffy white bears I live up here with told me...

Get your ass up here and study them, or leave them the hell alone..

I have my money bet on the fluffy white bears.....kicking your butts...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Why have you not replied to my post, Rahul? Where is your donation?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have my money bet on the fluffy white bears.....kicking your butts...
    We need to save the bears not joke about them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Why have you not replied to my post, Rahul? Where is your donation?
    Your post was small, and might have gotten lost in the amount of posts that have been made. I apologize. It also seems I get asked the most number of questions on this Forum. I am human, and I may miss a question here and there sometimes.

So, how would you suggest we combat global warming?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I suggest you stop with the waste of bandwidth. Enough of picture after picture after picture. You made your point, now debate the topic with words.

And again, my son has donated money online to help the polar bears. Why don't you do the same, and then post proof here for all of us? Do you need some links where you can do so?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I suggest you stop with the waste of bandwidth. Enough of picture after picture after picture. You made your point, now debate the topic with words.
    It's not a waste of bandwidth. Pictures help to generate sympathy for the cause and may help save the bears ultimately. In addition, it is easier to generate sympathy for the cause when photographs of polar bears are shown.

Further, you haven't advised what it is you are confused about in the debate here.