Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Not sure I'm on board with the whole negative line of respones, logging on to a batch of 'piss off' notifications ain't something anybody wants. But if it's generally agreed that that's what this place needs then fair enough.
It wasn't like we 'need' anything, I added it at request, and if kicked back enough, I can disable it. But until then - one can more or less disable it, receive zero notifications and nothing shows up on their postbit (which is the display when you post). Look at the bottom of this post....

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
I don't see the difference between thanking a post and liking a post. Seems like they serve the same function.
Example... Someone can "thank" me for my explanation to Noir, as it may be helpful, therefore the thanks. If I post a cute pic of a dog, someone can click 'like'. Are they extremely similar - yeps. And again, we're toying with it, and it can be disabled. I bought the PRO version of the thanks system solely for the ability to add AND delete thanks if someone did it accidentally. The ability to add the likes AND any new button is just a bonus.

Anyone who doesn't like it - go to your settings (VERY top right of the board). Scroll ALL the way to the bottom left and click on "DBTech Advanced Post/Thanks settings"...