Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed.

No, I definitely steer clear of traditional native dishes like Muktuk or fermented Beaver tail & feet, or whale. There's lots of horror stories floating around with white guys trying out traditional dishes and the resulting explosive reactions or even hospital visits. I'm of German descent and my biology isn't tuned to such foodstuffs.

Besides, the thought of burying Beaver tail & feet in the ground for a few weeks, then digging it up and eating it strikes me as very repulsive!

I'll stick to hamburgers, pizza and steak.
It is a pity. On the contrary, I always taste local cuisine wherever I find myself, no matter how exotic they may be for Russians.
Americans have a good saying - "See America first!', and I am glad that you have the possibility to travel, see everything yourself and acquaint the others with what you've seen. It is a good basis for further comparisons. And in this respect I am very lucky man as before starting 'traveling' abroad I saw Russia from Carpathians to Kamchatka, from the Arctic areas with there 'White Nights' to Turkmenian deserts and Pamir mountains.