Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
Yes, that is why I specified they now want attention for their looks. Men always liked attention for other things- money, sports prowess, their car, toughness, etc. Used to make more sense that way, lol.
I played sports. And I played to win. I actually started shaving my head when I got tired of paying out ever week for a haircut. And it was a few years BEFORE Jordan made it popular. I just figured I could make me look as bald as the barber. When I finally divorced I was shocked at women paying attention to me. I never paid attention to them when I was married.

They say men go through that mid-life crisis crap. Get a sports car and grow a comb over. I was accused of spending mine in the weight room. dojo and basketball court competing with people half my age. Probably an accurate assessment.

But I never considered being flashy or anything else. I always wore long sleeve, oversized dress shirts so no one could tell how big I was. I wanted to win. I was never in it for the looks so I don't get the mentality.