Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Pale Rider: No offense, but this was one of the dumbest posts ever made:

Becaue we trust in god, or believe in God, that doesn't make us a "Christian nation."

You do know there are other religions besides Christianity, right?

Sure when they wrote that they were speaking of Allah and Buddah lol.

GW pull your head out of your ass and quit arguing against the unargueable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Abbey, you kick ass! Join my harem!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    It boils down to this, and it's very simple, "the founders" does not mean "only those in this countries new government." The founders means "ALL" the people of this new country, and they were, by a vast majority, Judeo Christian.
    Guess what Pale? You (and Abbey too) must have missed the part where I said;<blockquote><i>"I'm not asserting that none of the Founders practiced religion--so you can step away from that accusation. I'm not asserting that all of the Founders were atheists--step away from that one too. I'm not asserting that none of the Founders were Christians--keep stepping. I'm saying that some of them were not Christians, that it is likely that one or more of them were Atheists, and that among those who actually claimed to be Christians, there was a variety in their religious truths--they certainly were not all Catholics, for instance."</i></blockquote>Still applies (all the more so if you include everyone within the borders of the first 13 states, and not just the members of the government), and you still haven't come up with that long overlooked reference to Christ, or any reference in any founding document that is unambiguously a principle held only by Christians, in support of your demand that this is a nation founded on Christianity, rather than a simply a nation founded by, mostly, Christians.
    Last edited by LOki; 07-08-2007 at 06:46 AM.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Pale Rider: No offense, but this was one of the dumbest posts ever made:

Becaue we trust in god, or believe in God, that doesn't make us a "Christian nation."

You do know there are other religions besides Christianity, right?
    Oh no offense taken GW... fortunately I realize you don't know your ass from a hole in ground.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    ......you still haven't come up with that long overlooked reference to Christ, or any reference in any founding document that is unambiguously a principle held only by Christians, in support of your demand that this is a nation founded on Christianity, rather than a simply a nation founded by, mostly, Christians.
    So who do you think these mostly Christians were refering to in the DOI?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    So who do you think these mostly Christians were refering to in the DOI?
    Allright you obstinate dumbfuck, if you demand on going there, let's just go ahead and assert they have to be talking about Jesus (which they don't) as if it it's relevent to the question posted-- now do what you have been side stepping this whole time and name one founding principle of this country that is ONLY a Christian principle--because I'll come up one that is not there, yet must be there, for this to actually be a nation founded on Christianity. Just remember that you're the one demanding that the references to "Nature's God" and "Creator" have to neccessarily be references to Jesus. Deal?
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Allright you obstinate dumbfuck, if you demand on going there, let's just go ahead and assert they have to be talking about Jesus (which they don't) as if it it's relevent to the question posted-- now do what you have been side stepping this whole time and name one founding principle of this country that is ONLY a Christian principle--because I'll come up one that is not there, yet must be there, for this to actually be a nation founded on Christianity. Just remember that you're the one demanding that the references to "Nature's God" and "Creator" have to neccessarily be references to Jesus. Deal?
    in god we trust would be refering to which other god?......

the term creator allowed all religions and none to be endowed with certain rights

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

.....now do what you have been side stepping this whole time and name one founding principle of this country that is ONLY a Christian principle--...
    Straw Man. The fact that Christianity has commonalities with other philosophies has no bearing on the argument.

BTW thank you for the direct insult. I'll take it as a badge of honor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Straw Man. The fact that Christianity has commonalities with other philosophies has no bearing on the argument.
    So says you who loses the argument on the basis that no singly identifable Christian principle is a principle this nation was founded upon. I knew you'd tuck tail.

And before you use such big concepts as "Straw-Man," look them up so you can apply them properly. Thanks.

BTW thank you for the direct insult. I'll take it as a badge of honor.
    You're welcome, but Neg Rep is Thanks? So much for your honor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    in god we trust would be refering to which other god?......
    Despite the fact "In God We Trust" appears nowhere in the Declaration of Independence...Anybody's god.

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    the term creator allowed all religions and none to be endowed with certain rights
    Religions don't have rights, people do.
    Last edited by LOki; 07-09-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a thin line between love and hate. In the absence of compliments, he'll take what he can get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...no singly identifable Christian principle is a principle this nation was founded upon.
    What do, 1) meticulous checks and balances, 2) a central government kept on a short, jealously guarded leash, and, 3) an ever-devolving path of power over the conduct of everyday life toward states, communities, and - ultimately - the individual, suggest to you?

They suggest to me a fundamental distrust of human nature. That governments - being the creations of imperfect men - must, left unchecked, degrade into tyranny; that man is incapable of rising to some "better aspect" of his nature, and thereby creating an earthly utopia; that the very best we can hope for is man's unfettered exercise of his free will, within the rule of civilized law - these are the inescapable conclusions of a UNIQUELY CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLE: that man is not perfectible.

Moreover, the bedrock principle of Christianity is that no man can be coerced into salvation; he must come of his own free will. It is likewise in the U.S. Constitution: the POWER to coerce is thwarted at every turn; the free will of the individual is paramount. Show me the like of our Constitution anywhere else in human history, and tell me what drove it.

Does this mean that America is a Christian nation? No. Rather, we are a self-ruling people - according to man's hard-won, enlightened understanding of Christian principle, as it relates to the matter of human governance. I say hard-won, because human beings tried and failed many times to achieve this, at a horrible cost. The painful lessons we had to learn were:

That man is essentially corrupt.

That - because he is corrupt - the governments he creates MUST tend toward tyranny and coercion.

That this tendency must be thwarted at every turn, if man is ever to be truly free.

In other words, Christian principle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

So says you who loses the argument on the basis that no singly identifable Christian principle is a principle this nation was founded upon. I knew you'd tuck tail.

And before you use such big concepts as "Straw-Man," look them up so you can apply them properly. Thanks.

1. Claiming victory when arriving squarely at defeat seems to be your hallmark.
    2. Nice second straw man.
    3. Nice deflection of the argument. Try again or lose cred.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    That man is essentially corrupt.
    Actually it is: That governments are essentially corrupt.