Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
Yeah, that green 6 gauge cable is supposed to ground the breaker panel chassis - but of course, it is doing absolutely nothing by being screwed into the non-conductive plywood floor. Even if it were a steel floor - which it is most certainly not - electrifying that under your feet is a Real Bad Idea. This cable should have gone directly to the main ground bar and it's mind boggling that anyone would even consider doing something like this.

The only explanation for this is that this guy knows absolutely nothing about electricity and is a severe menace to himself and everyone around him.

Yesterday at another site we found the exact same thing done by this guy - another breaker panel "grounded" to the plywood floor with a 1" screw.

This is just one of literally hundreds of examples of lack of professionalism and outright stupidity I found - others were much worse.

I took 491 pictures over the last 3 days, and only half were of wildlife and scenery - the other half were documenting & troubleshooting what this particular clown has done to a $40 million communications system. It's a wonder that it works at all, to be honest.

Monday is going to be a Real Bad Day for this guy when my partner goes in and gives a Power Point presentation on our analysis to the CFO, CEO and COO of this company. They just spent a bunch of money for us to do that analysis for them and they're not going to like the price tag it'll take to rectify things. It's going to be a good summer.
Feel free to quote me. My responses are right out of the National Electrical Code. Chapter 2. Article 250 is the Bible on grounding and bonding.