Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So had my appt yesterday, which was nothing more than the doc taking 20 seconds to look at it and ask me questions. Then referred me for an MRI. They needed pre-approval. I thought it would take forever. They called before I was even home! Then had the MRI a few hours ago and that sucked! Lay on my stomach, in superman position, for 40 minutes!!!

Now they already called and said it's a pretty good tear. Now I go back in again tomorrow to discuss options. Hell, can't we do that on the phone? Dirty gouging bastards!!

They'll be doing a little surgery eventually, outpatient, and only a small scar. But I'll probably have to see my other doctor again to get the pre-op physical or whatever. At least this place is quick! If I had only made my appointment when it started hurting again like 11 months ago!!
    I've been having a nightmare trying to deal with Veterans Choice.

I recently found what looked a hell of a lot to me like a deer tick bite on my neck, so naturally I'm concerned about Lyme disease. It was slightly swollen, tender and looked to have the dime sized "ring" around it. It certainly didn't appear to be a blemish or pimple. So I called V.C. and put the wheels in motion. Next day, nothing. Called the VA and discussed the matter with them and they said call V.C. back and tell them we've recommended you be seen in the next 12 to 24 hours, so I did, and supposedly V.C. put a rush on it. Well, that was 48 hours ago now and still nothing. I'm tellin' ya, this Veterans Choice program is an absolute FARCE. I'm going to call the VA here in a little bit and tell them that once again V.C. has been a total failure, and that makes THREE times now that's happened. They've even completely ignored me after I called and said they had no record of me calling the first time. I'm planning on contacting my Senators and Congressmen about this too, probably write something on the White House website also.

I'm glad you have better luck, pard, or different health care. Get yourself fixed up, constant pain is not fun.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-10-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

@jimnyc if your tear is injury-related, this prob is irrelevant, but I had a lot of pain associated with mouse usage. It all went away when I switched to a roller ball type.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey