Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Let me short bus this for you. It's then the will of the voters. Repubs won't do anything to sour they're own base. The voters are turning against Trump.
    That's what you said when the pussy video came out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    That's what you said when the pussy video came out.
    If I am wrong we will see massive turnover next year. If not, then voters stand with the GOP base over the President.
    Last edited by pete311; 08-18-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    We do. The problem is if you want to have someone's 'support' you've got to realize that even if they don't always agree with you, you got to have their back.
    In your article it is the GOP complaining that Trump doesn't have their back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    In your article it is the GOP complaining that Trump doesn't have their back.
    and he doesn't. I don't think he even realizes the repercussions.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and he doesn't. I don't think he even realizes the repercussions.
    It's not Trumps job to write and whip legislation. They're blaming him for their own failures, if in fact they are failures. And they have not had his back since before he was even elected.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

It's not Trumps job to write and whip legislation. They're blaming him for their own failures, if in fact they are failures. And they have not had his back since before he was even elected.
    He bears some fault. I thought he was supposed to be the world's best leader and negotiator. Where is that? All we get is chaos and toxic drama.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It is his job to sell what he wants passed. He failed with health care. He turned his 'infrastructure discussion' into the Charlottesville mud puddle.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is his job to sell what he wants passed. He failed with health care. He turned his 'infrastructure discussion' into the Charlottesville mud puddle.
    It is not his job to do that. The GOP had 7 years to come up with something. They didn't. McConnell couldn't reel in Rand Paul. Ryan and the House wrote something so poor that they had to scrap their first attempt. That is legislative business, it has nothing to do with Trump. You already know I disagree with you on his Charlottesville comments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It is not his job to do that. The GOP had 7 years to come up with something. They didn't. McConnell couldn't reel in Rand Paul. Ryan and the House wrote something so poor that they had to scrap their first attempt. That is legislative business, it has nothing to do with Trump. You already know I disagree with you on his Charlottesville comments.
    So, why didn't Trump just say, "I want no part of this poor healthcare plan." Instead he got Interior secretary to likely lose the vote they needed. In any case, you just enjoy being on the good side.

I do wonder though, how all the new kind of 'conservatives' are going to like being the 'new Democrats' of old, like Byrd? Cause that's what the GOP is going to be from here on in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Kathianne. Why don't you just admit it here? Admit you hate Trump, and stop blowing smoke up our butts. If you are as intelligent as you would want all of us to believe...I dare to say, you'd never stoop to playing the Liberal Blame game the way the NEVER TRUMPERS are doing daily.
    IT IS NOT the president's job to sell what he wants passed. It IS congress' job. The only job the President has is to PROTECT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. So he has the VETO pen only to prevent Congress from overstepping their bounds per the Constitution.

You, of all people should know that. Donald Trump is not responsible to tell Hate Filled Americans what to think, do, and say. Which is a falsehood from everyone who is so IGNORANT, and FILLED WITH HATRED the results in STUPIDITY.
    Stop blaming the President for Congress's gathering of WUSSIES who fear democrats, and their own careers, more than they care for YOU, ME, and OUR FAMILIES.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Kathianne. Why don't you just admit it here? Admit you hate Trump, and stop blowing smoke up our butts. If you are as intelligent as you would want all of us to believe...I dare to say, you'd never stoop to playing the Liberal Blame game the way the NEVER TRUMPERS are doing daily.
    IT IS NOT the president's job to sell what he wants passed. It IS congress' job. The only job the President has is to PROTECT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. So he has the VETO pen only to prevent Congress from overstepping their bounds per the Constitution.

You, of all people should know that. Donald Trump is not responsible to tell Hate Filled Americans what to think, do, and say. Which is a falsehood from everyone who is so IGNORANT, and FILLED WITH HATRED the results in STUPIDITY.
    Stop blaming the President for Congress's gathering of WUSSIES who fear democrats, and their own careers, more than they care for YOU, ME, and OUR FAMILIES.
    I stand corrected. A President's job is not to lead. Got it! What the hell is he there for then?

12. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, why didn't Trump just say, "I want no part of this poor healthcare plan." Instead he got Interior secretary to likely lose the vote they needed. In any case, you just enjoy being on the good side.

I do wonder though, how all the new kind of 'conservatives' are going to like being the 'new Democrats' of old, like Byrd? Cause that's what the GOP is going to be from here on in.
    What the heck does any of this have to do with the fact that you erroneously believe that the President is supposed to do the job of the Party Whips? You do know that each Party has specific people in Congress to do exactly that which you are claiming is Trump's job?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

What the heck does any of this have to do with the fact that you erroneously believe that the President is supposed to do the job of the Party Whips? You do know that each Party has specific people in Congress to do exactly that which you are claiming is Trump's job?
    I believe that the President is supposed to lead, especially the party he's the head of. McConnell likely had the votes, was concerned about AK. Next thing known, she's threatened with withdrawal of money for the state. Thus, she voted against. Not bright.

Then when he doesn't 'win' which will happen more often than not, it's everyone else's fault.

It's a fractured party, has been for years, though this campaign is likely to result in a splinter party, which may be what the country needs. There are many that will not be associated with the stench coming off this now, which was unnecessary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I stand corrected. A President's job is not to lead. Got it! What the hell is he there for then?

NEVER MIND Kathianne. Sorry I thought you might be more intelligently informed to answer. NO...The President's MAIN JOB is not to lead....if that was the case. Both houses of Congress, and both parties would be CHEERING for him.
    .................................................. ..............................
    The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.
    As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.
    The President's Job | Scholastic.com
    www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=4684
    Last edited by aboutime; 08-18-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    NEVER MIND Kathianne. Sorry I thought you might be more intelligently informed to answer. NO...The President's MAIN JOB is not to lead....if that was the case. Both houses of Congress, and both parties would be CHEERING for him.
    .................................................. ..............................
    The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.
    The President's Job | Scholastic.com
    www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=4684
    Sorry, I thought you might have something worthwhile to add, my apologies.

17. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post