Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Very difficult to remove president. Ask Newt. (And whoever senate leader was ) 2/3 is a big number.
    Ask Clinton, what is he remembered for?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Remember the left saying once we take the Congess back, bush is gone? Many wanted Pelosi gone for not bringing forth articles.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I would say there's an entire 'party" of people out there that are too stupid to be allowed to vote. Their knowledge of politics comes from what they read on Twitter. Look at all the crying leftwingers that demanded a do-over because they didn't win. Wanted to throw out the electoral college results. Still some hangers-on calling for impeachment. If ANYONE should have been impeached, Obama was it.

First thing that needs to happen is people need to be honest with themselves and what they actually stand for. Most are not. In today's society they just ride around on the fence getting splinters in their asses.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ask Clinton, what is he remembered for?
    Impeachment and removal are two different things. I think you are one of the one percent in America who knows that.

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Impeachment and removal are two different things. I think you are one of the one percent in America who knows that.
    That is why the Senate numbers do matter.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Remember the left saying once we take the Congess back, bush is gone? Many wanted Pelosi gone for not bringing forth articles.
    I may be too naive or cynical, but think when push comes to shove, most Republicans would not vote for impeachment without real cause. I don't believe the same of the Democrats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

On what grounds can he be impeached? Dems don't like him? I mean, I don't like him, but he's really done nothing to warrant even consideration. The backlash might be worth the price of admission though .
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes michiganFats liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have you ever been involved in politics?
    Yes, when I was younger.

Have you ever knocked on doors, manned the phones?
    I've manned phones and done some other things but knocked on doors, no. There's a reason for that.

That is what people do, they work for their candidates.
    I tried to think of a nice way to put this but the best I can come up with is to say that I think this is very naive. That may work in Mayberry but that is not how it's done in Detroit. Working for your candidate means a lot of things that you've probably never considered.

If you want someone else, get out there and work.
    If the Party doesn't want you then you don't even get to the table to begin with except in rare cases. Trump is one of those rare cases.

What is going on today on the national stage of the Trump party is that if a Senator doesn't like the President, yet votes at least 98% the way the president wants, they can be threatened and likely will be primaried.
    So you say. We'll see how that really shakes out.

Allegiance to the president has never been a requirement.
    Didn't you say earlier today that the President is the head of his Party? I think you did.

In fact, many Senators have had problems with a given president, yet retaliation wasn't a problem Until now, with our non-traditional president.
    Maybe the retaliation wasn't so overt but I guarantee you there has been retaliation in the past.

I'm not into cult presidents. Nor petty ones.
    How about duly elected Presidents? Are you into them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I may be too naive or cynical, but think when push comes to shove, most Republicans would not vote for impeachment without real cause. I don't believe the same of the Democrats.
    The wiser course of action for the Dems would be to let him fail. If they go after him, they will have a partisan backlash on their hands in 20. If he fails -- and he is not impressing -- the Dems can run on 'We told you so".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    Yes, when I was younger.

I've manned phones and done some other things but knocked on doors, no. There's a reason for that.

I tried to think of a nice way to put this but the best I can come up with is to say that I think this is very naive. That may work in Mayberry but that is not how it's done in Detroit. Working for your candidate means a lot of things that you've probably never considered.

If the Party doesn't want you then you don't even get to the table to begin with except in rare cases. Trump is one of those rare cases.

Didn't you say earlier today that the President is the head of his Party? I think you did.

Maybe the retaliation wasn't so overt but I guarantee you there has been retaliation in the past.

Which is why I have said he was elected and is legitimate. I refrained from gratuitously criticizing at every turn for more than 6 months. My self-imposed deadline passed, though I gave him a bit more time. Then the past two weeks happened.

I still will defend that he is not a traitor, illegitimate, and should not be impeached for anything other than proven grave crimes or wrong doing. I respect the process, the office, not necessary to respect that man.

The 'head of the party' has responsibilities, I don't have the same in giving him allegiance.

Detroit isn't all that different from Chicago, the cities changed and so did many of the representatives. That's how it goes. In Chicago there may be more diversity today, but if they don't get it together the odds of that lasting are not good. Then again, if the city and state are being run poorly and they are, who put the clowns in office?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

A president thrown out with no crime?

Where's that civil war thread I started ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes, when I was younger.

michiganFats. Why does it even matter whether someone worked for a campaign by walking the streets, knocking on doors, or phone parties before an election...I ASK?

See how well all of that stuff worked for BERNIE, and HILLARY?
    As we were all instructed, warned, and taunted after Obama's election.

''He is our President. The Constitution verified it. Call back in four years!"
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think they would. I don't believe they want him as President.

17. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    michiganFats. Why does it even matter whether someone worked for a campaign by walking the streets, knocking on doors, or phone parties before an election...I ASK?

See how well all of that stuff worked for BERNIE, and HILLARY?
    As we were all instructed, warned, and taunted after Obama's election.

''He is our President. The Constitution verified it. Call back in four years!"
    She asked, I answered. I also think the reason Hillary lost in Michigan and Ohio is because she didn't spread the WAM around. She didn't use rustlers and she lost because of the low voter turnout in the cities.

19. Thanks aboutime, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She asked, I answered. I also think the reason Hillary lost in Michigan and Ohio is because she didn't spread the WAM around. She didn't use rustlers and she lost because of the low voter turnout in the cities.
    I still say populism and her coronation complex cost her Michigan penn Wisconsin and the election.