Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    You are lying or ignorant
    Before his execution he had Last Rites performed by a priest.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Before his execution he had Last Rites performed by a priest.
    Why does that matter? What matters - to your point - is his beliefs (that may have affected his behaviour). The actions of a man facing his execution have no bearing to who he was. To his 'livelong faith'.

Do you consider Ted Bundy a Christian? Afterall, upon confinement he 'converted'.

It's dishonest for you to claim McVey "was a christian" because the evidence and his own words tell a different story about his faith at/during/around the time of his terrorism. If the texas church shooter was a practicing militant atheist at war with Religion it DOES have bearing on this story. IF that is the case.

You're smarter than this Pete.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Please put even less effort in and don't reply to me.
    So you can dish out your snide, ignorant little comments, but you don't like someone doing it to you.

Put me on ignore, I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-06-2017 at 10:10 AM.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You sure about that?

If he is, then he's dishonest as you pointed out, which is what I know damn well is the case. He's playing his little leftist game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Why does that matter? What matters - to your point - is his beliefs (that may have affected his behaviour). The actions of a man facing his execution have no bearing to who he was. To his 'livelong faith'.

Do you consider Ted Bundy a Christian? Afterall, upon confinement he 'converted'.

It's dishonest for you to claim McVey "was a christian" because the evidence and his own words tell a different story about his faith at/during/around the time of his terrorism. If the texas church shooter was a practicing militant atheist at war with Religion it DOES have bearing on this story. IF that is the case.

If the beginning of someone's life is religious and the end. Then I would suspect it never really left him. However it's speculation and I'm not interested in debating the speculation. In the end I just detest abbey's baiting trying to connect the shooters atheism to his behavior. I am atheist and non violent, even after being shot at myself. So there.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-06-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    You sure about that?

If he is, then he's dishonest as you pointed out, which is what I know damn well is the case. He's playing his little leftist game.
    He's smart. But he's backed into a wall in 90% of his posts. When people disagree they tend to approach with both barrels first. They attack the man. I think his arguments are silly enough to attack - would never want to go straight at the core of his character. I've done that to him before - and apologized publicly - so I get it. But it doesn't HAVE to be such contentious debate.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

8. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So you can dish out your snide, ignorant little comments, but you don't like someone doing it to you.

You're a typical liberal ass hat.

Put me on ignore, I couldn't care less.
    Maybe you want to study darin's posts. We disagree on just about everything, but his replies imply he engages his brain. Which I respect and appreciate. Yours do not and boil down to kindergarten bully drivel.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-06-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If the beginning of someone's life is religious and the end. Then I would suspect it never really left him. However it's speculation and I'm not interested in debating the speculation. In the end I just detest abbey's baiting trying to connect the shooters atheism to his behavior. I am atheist and non violent, even after being shot at myself. So there.
    Your speculation is to drive home a point. Your speculation is geared to affirming your preconceived ideas; you PREFER him to be "A christian" so evidence from his own mouth wouldn't be enough to convince you otherwise. If you were seriously wanting to debate the issue maybe your reply might have been "Got it, Abbey - guy seems to be an Atheist. Honestly, in my mind the depravity of man probably POINTS me towards God not existing because I can't believe this Loving God would create the potential for such evil"

or some shit like that.

But instead you threw out a wild accusation of McVey. And I've just shown you and the internets how wrong it was to assume McVey's faith - especially when McVey claimed otherwise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Your speculation is to drive home a point. Your speculation is geared to affirming your preconceived ideas; you PREFER him to be "A christian" so evidence from his own mouth wouldn't be enough to convince you otherwise. If you were seriously wanting to debate the issue maybe your reply might have been "Got it, Abbey - guy seems to be an Atheist. Honestly, in my mind the depravity of man probably POINTS me towards God not existing because I can't believe this Loving God would create the potential for such evil"

or some shit like that.

But instead you threw out a wild accusation of McVey. And I've just shown you and the internets how wrong it was to assume McVey's faith - especially when McVey claimed otherwise.
    It's far from wild, but I'm not interested in this side debate, so I'll concede so we can move on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Maybe you want to study darin's posts. We disagree on just about everything, but his replies imply he engages his brain. Which I respect and appreciate. Yours do not and boil down to kindergarten bully drivel.
    You've insulted me and my intelligence enough times now that you should have learned, I give what I get.

You don't want me treating you like an ignorant little shit, don't act like one and don't insult me, it's as simple as that. I'll debate politely with anyone that does so with me, try it.

You have made STUPID arguments here, and you circle back to them as if they were end all, be all, genius, but in reality it's infantile and ignorant, so it doesn't deserve anything more than a retort of the same caliber.

And your BULLY comment is pure horse crap. I've not been any more rude or insulting to you than you have been to ME, so you're guilty of hypocrisy there, big time. All you're really doing is proving that Darin is right, you're backed into a corner and now you're thin skin is showing.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-06-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You've insulted me and my intelligence enough times now that you should have learned, I give what I get.

You don't want me treating you like an ignorant little shit, don't act like one and don't insult me, it's as simple as that. I'll debate politely with anyone that does so with me, try it.

You have made STUPID arguments here, and you circle back to them as if they were end all, be all, genius, but in reality it's infantile and ignorant, so it doesn't deserve anything more than a retort of the same caliber.
    Great, are we done now?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It's far from wild, but I'm not interested in this side debate, so I'll concede so we can move on.
    Admit it - you kind of like when I make your points for you...even if the point is ultimately proven silly by....me.

you're welcome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

You guys are wasting your time. Valiant efforts, but doomed to fail because he's got all the answers.

Petey is as fanatical about his atheism as he is with Global Warming.

If hes lucky, he'll be able repent on his deathbed and he's got a lot of pretty harsh things he's spewed toward the Almighty to own up to.

If not, well... that'll suck and he'll have all eternity to reflect on how he lived his brief life.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    You guys are wasting your time. Valiant efforts, but doomed to fail because he's got all the answers.

If hes lucky, he'll be able repent on his deathbed and he's got a lot of pretty harsh things he's spewed toward the Almighty to own up to.

If not, well... that'll suck and he'll have all eternity to reflect on how he lived his brief life.
    Now you sound like you have all the answers. I have repeatedly said I have doubt and leave room for high powers. You guys are the 100% christian faith people. Who's the fanatic?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

He'll call you a bully next...