Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
Adios!

--

Rep. John Conyers announces retirement, endorses son to run for seat

Embattled Rep. John Conyers, D-Michigan has announced that he will be retiring and will not be seeking re-election in 2018. He has also endorsed his son, John Conyers III to run for his seat.

"My legacy can't be compromised or diminished in any way by what we're going through now. This too shall pass," said Conyers on a local Michigan radio station Tuesday morning.

He added, "I want you to know that my legacy will continue through my children. I have a great family here and especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III who incidentally I endorsed to replace me in my seat in congress."

The news comes after Conyers' great-nephew, 29-year old Michigan state Senator Ian Conyers, told CBS News' Jonathan Blakley he would be running for the elder Conyers' seat.

According to a phone interview with the New York Times, the state senator was adamant that the elder Conyers was not resigning, but retiring instead. The 88-year-old Democrat is the longest-serving current House member.

"His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health," Ian Conyers told the Times.

He added that he believed his great-uncle's constituents in Michigan would continue to support him and the rest of the family "as we continue to fight, as we have for lead up to a century."

Rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-joh...-run-for-seat/
This old bastard should resign TODAY and just say no to legacy Congressional seats.