Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Yup. In my experience, anyone legit will leave a message if you don't answer. As will some scammers, but very rarely. They just want to get you to pick up, and if you don't, they disconnect and quickly move on to the next victim.

If they do happen to leave a message, I will listen to it and not call back, lol.
    I always do this except when it's someone I know (the name or number comes up both the phone and the tv screen). But when it's a scammer that calls repeatedly and does or doesn't leave a message my phone allows me to block the #. I know they can switch to another number but works on about half. For those that persist, just do the same drill and block them again.

The wife always feels compelled to answer. Makes me crazy.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Found another scam.

Turns out "The Government" takes a large portion of YOUR money, puts it in some unsealed coffer and promises to earn money on your behalf and then repay you the money you paid in - but the kicker is - the Govt SPENDS that money willy-nilly.

Be warned.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Found another scam.

Turns out "The Government" takes a large portion of YOUR money, puts it in some unsealed coffer and promises to earn money on your behalf and then repay you the money you paid in - but the kicker is - the Govt SPENDS that money willy-nilly.

Be warned.
    They don't pay you any interest on it either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just heard today of a scam involving commercial trucking, the trucking company gets a letter from the scammer saying their DOT credentials are out of date and they'll remedy the matter for a price, but the whole thing is a scam.

Another one I personally get over the phone often involves some sort of energy rebate, they mention an electric company that I'm not using, so it's a scam.