Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Last few falls were really nice and long. Guess it evens out with terrible springs.
    You see, Pete, I will talk to you like any other person cordially, just so long as that's the way they talk to me.

I'm sure there's lots of stories you have to tell that people would be interested in, so why don't you try and engage folks here on a more personal level, and leave the politics out of it?

You might make a friend... maybe not... worth a try... aye?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

One forum member who lives in Minnesota had 16 inches on the ground as of ~1700 Central
    Time yesterday with more falling!

Sheesh! All we got was rain!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Mid april and three inches of snow and slush. Wish I was in Texas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Mid april and three inches of snow and slush. Wish I was in Texas.
    Got a nephew, niece and ex BIL in Tampa. Been talking with them pretty much all day.

I even talked to a person that has a nice looking camper trailer with a slide out on this lot downtown. Since it's basically a garage station/car lot I asked if they would be interested in a trade for a Harley. Pretty much going to blow that off though because the person I talked to sounded like an utter MORON.

But MOVING is CERTAINLY on the agenda now. I'm so sick of PERPETUAL WINTER in Wisconsin I could VOMIT.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Got a nephew, niece and ex BIL in Tampa. Been talking with them pretty much all day.

I even talked a person that has a nice looking camper trailer with a slide out on this lot downtown. Since it's basically a garage station/car lot I asked if they would be interested in a trade for a Harley. Pretty much going to blow that off though because the person I talked to sounded like an utter MORON.

But MOVING is CERTAINLY on the agenda now. I'm so sick of PERPETUAL WINTER in Wisconsin I could VOMIT.
    Across the pond is the same or worse. I am guessing we will end up in Tampa Bay Area. Wife loves the water and the beach.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 04-15-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Interesting that you post this. Our 18 year old niece, who lives in the Minneapolis suburb of Edina, wrote my husband earlier about it being 25 degrees and blowing snow, producing blizzard conditions and a wind chill temp of 9. The gist of it was "It's freaking APRIL 15! Why is there a freaking blizzard outside. Where is spring?"
    My guess is that she is counting the days until August, when she moves down here to attend the music school at Loyola Marymount. Southern California does not have extended winters like Minnesota.
    Last edited by gabosaurus; 04-15-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Interesting that you post this. Our 18 year old niece, who lives in the Minneapolis suburb of Edina, wrote my husband earlier about it being 25 degrees and blowing snow, producing blizzard conditions and a wind chill temp of 9. The gist of it was "It's freaking APRIL 15! Why is there a freaking blizzard outside. Where is spring?"
    My guess is that she is counting the days until August, when she moves down here to attend the music school at Loyola Marymount. Southern California does not have extended winters like Minnesota.
    I know where you're coming from, but CA isn't even on the map. When a tiny little house like 800 square feet in a shit neighborhood costs $750,000... no thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Just got back from shoveling the drive way. Holy hell that was some wet heavy snow. My back is fucked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Just got back from shoveling the drive way. Holy hell that was some wet heavy snow. My back is fucked.
    I already took the snowblower off my John Deere. I'll drive over whatever snow there is... fuck it. My truck is 4 wheel drive. I'm done with it. I won't do this again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Across the pond is the same or worse. I am guessing we will end up in Tampa Bay Area. Wife loves the water and the beach.
    I lived in Tampa while in the AF from early '84 to late '87 when I got out. It's the only place in America that I know I could settle down and enjoy myself. I really did enjoy the beach. I spent so much time at Gandy Beach by Tampa it was my second home, and that was just the bay. Over at St. Pete and Clearwater on the gulf coast, the beaches are absolutely to die for, beautiful sand, warm water, just awesome. I could do that again in a heart beat, considering my option is stay here in WI and live in PERPETUAL WINTER and SHIT COLD. I'm SICK OF THIS... gotta make a change... again.

I mean... I have a retired military ID... I could even go on base at MacDill to the commissary or a bunch of other places. There are no military bases anywhere near me now. I'd love to see MacDill again. Just one more benefit of getting the fuck otta here.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I lived in Tampa while in the AF from early '84 to late '87 when I got out. It's the only place in America that I know I could settle down and enjoy myself. I really did enjoy the beach. I spent so much time at Gandy Beach by Tampa it was my second home, and that was just the bay. Over at St. Pete and Clearwater on the gulf coast, the beaches are absolutely to die for, beautiful sand, warm water, just awesome. I could do that again in a heart beat, considering my option is stay here in WI and live in PERPETUAL WINTER and SHIT COLD. I'm SICK OF THIS... gotta make a change... again.

I mean... I have a retired military ID... I could even go on base at MacDill to the commissary or a bunch of other places. There are no military bases anywhere near me now. I'd love to see MacDill again. Just one more benefit of getting the fuck otta here.
    Come to Tucson. Airbase here and very rarely snows.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

"Originally posted by HighPlainsDrifter
    @FakeNewsSux ... IDK how you're trying to display a pic on the board, but this is all I see...

Thanks for the heads up HPD. All I'm doing is right clicking on my pics and selecting copy image and pasting them in the reply box. Is everyone else seeing the same thing? When I post it, the pics come up fine. Is there a preferred way to post pics? I tried the insert image icon above but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Thanks for the heads up HPD. All I'm doing is right clicking on my pics and selecting copy image and pasting them in the reply box. Is everyone else seeing the same thing? When I post it, the pics come up fine. Is there a preferred way to post pics? I tried the insert image icon above but couldn't get it to work.
    Yeah that won't work, pard. The board works on HTML, you need a link. You need to either use the image hosting here on this site or an off site image hosting website that gives you a link.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Yeah that won't work, pard. The board works on HTML - Hypertext Markup Language - you need a link. You need to either use the image hosting here on this site or an off site image hosting website that gives you a link.

You can click on the image icon in the menu above the message window...... and it will ask you to upload a picture from your computer. That's the easiest way other than using another image hosting website that will give you a link.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is a test pic to see if I uploaded it correctly. This is my nephew in Green Bay. They have 23.5 inches on the ground with more on the way tomorrow and Wednesday

Attached Images Attached Images