Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

I think it was a waste of time, money, etc. It accomplished nothing I am aware of. Don't get me wrong and toss me in the fire with rev. I'm not going to rant about it for 4 pages. Trump had little choice but back up his mouth. I hope he learned a lesson. Words mean things and you can have to support them with action. That applies as well to all the chumps that goaded him into it.

As for papokarlo you dumbass commie ... here's some scoop for you. The Syrians ran and hid their air force on Russian bases. The US did not attack Russia. Russia didn't shoot down jack shit because they didn't even try. I wish they had tried, myself. This missile system Putin claims to have isn't doing much collecting dust. In THAT regard? Putin got called and did nothing. Here in the US of A, we call that getting punked.

On further review ... it DID accomplish one, priceless task ... all the right people are crying like little bitches

Anyone besides me notice most of the pissing and moaning is coming from the right? Of course gabby and pete are going to cry. They'd find something wrong if Trump cured cancer. And of course Rand Paul is going to have a hissy fit. Where's McLame? He hasn't weighed in?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think it was a waste of time, money, etc. It accomplished nothing I am aware of. Don't get me wrong and toss me in the fire with rev. I'm not going to rant about it for 4 pages. Trump had little choice but back up his mouth. I hope he learned a lesson. Words mean things and you can have to support them with action. That applies as well to all the chumps that goaded him into it.

As for papokarlo you dumbass commie ... here's some scoop for you. The Syrians ran and hid their air force on Russian bases. The US did not attack Russia. Russia didn't shoot down jack shit because they didn't even try. I wish they had tried, myself. This missile system Putin claims to have isn't doing much collecting dust. In THAT regard? Putin got called and did nothing. Here in the US of A, we call that getting punked.

On further review ... it DID accomplish one, priceless task ... all the right people are crying like little bitches

Anyone besides me notice most of the pissing and moaning is coming from the right? Of course gabby and pete are going to cry. They'd find something wrong if Trump cured cancer. And of course Rand Paul is going to have a hissy fit. Where's McLame? He hasn't weighed in?
    McLame would have leveled Damascus. But he already got his punches in blaming trump the gassing a week or two ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    McLame would have leveled Damascus. But he already got his punches in blaming trump the gassing a week or two ago.
    He blamed Trump for the gassing? Didn't hear that one.

There's just one problem with that theory. Trump can't do anything because of obstructionist Dems and RINOs. I'm surprised most of the Dems were for the air strikes. Makes one wonder what accusation they have up their sleeves.

I see Palin weighed in. I guess "Why?" is as good a question as any. So, our sons and daughters just materialized themselves into the ME over the weekend and are now in harm's way? Just now figuring that one out, huh?

I know .... I bet she still thinks we don't have troops in Africa
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-16-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Who needs CNN? We got YOU.

I owe @Balu an apology. He's NOT the lyingest piece of shit commie on Earth. You got him beat by a long shot.

"Pay no attention to the non-missiles not falling out of the sky, son. We shot them down "

I got money says that if Russia was even capable of shooting down one, the headlines would say something entirely different. Our own media would be shitting all over us worse than you.
    this is what our Deputy Minister of defense tells us.
    if memory serves me right it's S300 we put them in Syria a long time ago. and cnn says nothing happened.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    if memory serves me right it's S300 we put them in Syria a long time ago. and cnn says nothing happened.
    CRAP.

Papokarlo, your Russian media (Kremlin-led, of course, in doing so) have lied to you. There were no shooting-downs of any missiles launched by our side. NONE.

No action taken from Russia, at all (they were wise not to).

Syria did take action, launching UNGUIDED missiles, but only AFTER our forces had completed their mission. None of those Syrian missiles hit any targets.

If you persist with this propaganda of yours, you're knowingly lying to us.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-16-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

~ "BREAKING: Head of chemical arms watchdog says Russia, Syria cite "pending security issues" before inspectors can visit Douma." ~
    *** Translated into pending destroying-the-evidence operations.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Think about what you just posted. Putin is bragging about his "new" super missile and threatening to shoot all of ours down.

Your first clue could have been Syria hiding all its important stuff on Russian bases so it wouldn't get hit. Now how does the crystal ball know it wouldn't get hit? We weren't shooting at Russia and never was going to. Now your government is saying they were old missiles from whenever. So what exactly IS the truth?

The truth is, we fired some missiles and they hit something Russia doesn't give a crap about. If Russia had shot down any, we would know. CNN would be the first one to laugh and call Trump a failure.

So ... for some genius you aren't very bright. Trump got to shoot off some missiles and fulfill his obligatory response, no Russians got hurt so everybody's happy and moving on to the next meltdown. Even though both Putin and Trump were dumb enough to allow themselves to get caught up in a pissing contest that could have gotten out of hand, neither was dumb enough to cross the line. That's how these things work. Every time. There's nothing new here. Your government lies to you and ours lies to us everybody's fat, dumb n happy.

Maybe if you'd ever listen instead of talking shit all the time you might learn something from us "old folks" who aren't at our first rodeo.

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Drummond, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

old air defenses shot down 73 out of 103.
    ----------------------------

12. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    ----------------------------
    Hey zoomie, thought I'd point out .. Lot's of activity at Kelly. I live in the flight path. Lot's of 130s and C5As floating around. Puff the Magic Dragon, lived by the sea ...

14. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Think about what you just posted. Putin is bragging about his "new" super missile and threatening to shoot all of ours down.

Your first clue could have been Syria hiding all its important stuff on Russian bases so it wouldn't get hit. Now how does the crystal ball know it wouldn't get hit? We weren't shooting at Russia and never was going to. Now your government is saying they were old missiles from whenever. So what exactly IS the truth?

The truth is, we fired some missiles and they hit something Russia doesn't give a crap about. If Russia had shot down any, we would know. CNN would be the first one to laugh and call Trump a failure.

So ... for some genius you aren't very bright. Trump got to shoot off some missiles and fulfill his obligatory response, no Russians got hurt so everybody's happy and moving on to the next meltdown. Even though both Putin and Trump were dumb enough to allow themselves to get caught up in a pissing contest that could have gotten out of hand, neither was dumb enough to cross the line. That's how these things work. Every time. There's nothing new here. Your government lies to you and ours lies to us everybody's fat, dumb n happy.

Maybe if you'd ever listen instead of talking shit all the time you might learn something from us "old folks" who aren't at our first rodeo.
    say it again. air defense 1980 in Syria shot down 73 missiles, they were armed with Syria and not on our bases in Syria

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

say it again. air defense 1980 in Syria shot down 73 missiles, they were armed with Syria and not on our bases in Syria
    You are so full of shit!

I saw a ton of videos with my own eyes, and I didn't see A SINGLE ONE get shot down, let alone 73 of them. You are a delusional commie!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default The TROLLS from the Soon to be EXTINCT Russian propaganda farm are just funny

Only thing they earn from us is:
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Hey pissant russian troll

Because Stone Cold said so

21. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I realize that I am late to this discussion, but to me it looked like the chemical attack was a deliberate response to Trump's announcement that America would probably be pulling out of the Syria conflict. Assad, possibly with prompting from Putin or from Iran, decided to do the chemical attack as a throwdown toward Trump. I think that Assad thought there would be no response, which on the world stage would be the equivalent of giving Assad/Putin/Iran permission to use chemical weapons all they wanted after America moved out.

Trump had three options, in my opinion:

1) No response - This is sometimes called the 'Obama response' or the 'Spineless response'. Doing nothing prevents any immediate retaliation, but invites more attacks in the future because everyone know you are now spineless. This is like the kid on the playground that gets hit by another kid and never does anything. You can bet another hit is coming.

2) Hyper response - This is the response where you escalate several levels in the hope that your opponent will be sufficiently wounded and shocked that they are afraid to retaliate. The risk is that the opponent isn't wounded or shocked enough, and they just escalate more. This is like the kid on the playground that gets hit by another kid, and responds by breaking the other kids legs. Bad choice here - very dangerous in this case because of the Russian presence.

3) Calculated response - This is where you respond enough to send a message, but not enough to create escalation. I think this was by far the best choice for America here, and I think Trump may have done it. It is key that the strikes were only against Syria, not against Russian forces. It's not a challenge against Putin. I also like the way the strikes specifically targeted chemical weapons. After all, Syria isn't even supposed to have them, and Russia guaranteed that Syria wouldn't have them. It makes it difficult for Putin to manufacture outrage. And maybe the biggest key is bringing in UK and France on the strikes. Now it looks like it is not specifically America that Assad or Putin would be responding to - it is a coalition. And its not a personal challenge from Trump to Putin.
    Going back to the kid on the playground analogy, its the equivalent of punching the other kid back just enough that he decides to go elsewhere to find easier targets.

Overall, the worst option would have been the Hyper response, but the No response/Obama response would have been really bad. I think Trump (and Mattis) did a good job of doing the Calculated response.
    If we're speculating it's also possible, since Neither Syria or Russia needed Chem weapons to defeat "the rebels"/ISIS/AQ,
    that they'd be happy to hear that the U.S was going to pull out. And the only people unhappy would be those that want "regime change" via U.S. forces.
    Trump and U.S troops leaving is the last thing the rebels/ISIS/AQ wanted. the last thing that Saudi Arabia, other Arab states, Israel or the oil companies wanted. Heck it's the last thing John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Rex Tillerson, John Bolton, and the usual suspect neo-cons wanted. The regime change backers and/or the "the rebels" could easily set up a chem "attack" and blame Assad just to force Trump to stay in the game. BTW the "Attacks" were in the "rebel" controlled areas, and the reportage is from "the rebels". Not independent sources, nothing confirmed.

Trump did in fact have other options. 1st of all PROVE publicly the details of the crime. that's a start. that'd put Syria and Russia in the worse light. Next follow the constitution and international law. Follow the words of his campaign promises.

the U.S. leaving Syria is exactly what Assad and Russia has wanted from the start. the best thing for them would be to do nothing.
    it makes ZERO sense for them to use chemical weapons on anyone.

If we're speculating, that makes more sense objectively speaking IMO.
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

~ "BREAKING: Head of chemical arms watchdog says Russia, Syria cite "pending security issues" before inspectors can visit Douma." ~
    *** Translated into pending destroying-the-evidence operations.

Cleaning up operations beforehand ... but, of course .....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!