Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm not playing your little games pete. If you can't comprehend...
    I understand perfectly that you demand total loyalty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Take good look in the mirror, snowflake.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    McCain saved Obamacare and endorsed hillary. His maverick bullshit has been an issue for republicans for decades.
    That's kinda the point I was making, and not trying to condemn him. It's just a fact that he'll be remembered as a RINO, that simple. He would have been better off as an independent or whatever, but then would have had less power. But everyone kept voting him in, because of the same reason I always liked him - because of the war hero stuff. But after awhile you can't keep liking someone who is so not much of the party when it comes to the most important of initiatives. And he was also more than a maverick for just his voting record, he was also all over the map and extremely vocal, and of course drew a lot of attention.

"Don't go away mad, just go away" - many musicians, my favorite being Mötley Crüe.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

That's kinda the point I was making, and not trying to condemn him. It's just a fact that he'll be remembered as a RINO, that simple. He would have been better off as an independent or whatever, but then would have had less power. But everyone kept voting him in, because of the same reason I always liked him - because of the war hero stuff. But after awhile you can't keep liking someone who is so not much of the party when it comes to the most important of initiatives. And he was also more than a maverick for just his voting record, he was also all over the map and extremely vocal, and of course drew a lot of attention.

"Don't go away mad, just go away" - many musicians, my favorite being Mötley Crüe.
    He WAS an independent. He latched onto the GOP for credibility and campaign funds when he first ran for Senate.

Now let's be real. And I am not trying to bulldoze McCain, but look at the facts. IIRC, during his Navy career he crashed and burned 3 jets, the last one landing him in the Hanoi Hilton. I don't like the term "war hero" to begin with, but from a military perspective alone, he lost his ride and got captured.

Audie Murphy was a war hero. John Basilone was a war hero. At great risk and peril to their own lives, they committed selfless acts of heroism during combat that both stopped the enemy and saved their troops. THAT is a hero. From a purely grunt point of view, getting captured is "EPIC FAIL".

As a Senator, he has done nothing but obstruct the Republicans, and kissed Harry Reid's ass. FAIL.

As a person he is a boor.

So, when I look at his score total: 0

Sorry he has cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm not sorry he's leaving the Senate, and as a vet, he doesn't quite cut the "hero" mark with me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I hear ya Gunny. But we've been lead to believe that ANY pow for any reason is somehow a hero, and I guess I'm guilty. But I know the military folks know better. I won't say that I myself didn't consider him one though. But yeah, it isn't exactly like he did much to earn it.

But yeah, the stories of guys jumping on grenades to save others, running through enemy lines to gather brothers, things like that scream hero to me. The guys that end up with the medal of honor, that type of bravery.

I don't want to condemn Mccain outside of his political crap though. And even there, there were many times I agreed with his stances, but far too many times ended up disappointed in having expectations from him.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

mmhmmm I voted for Bush twice.

Like hell you did.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I hear ya Gunny. But we've been lead to believe that ANY pow for any reason is somehow a hero, and I guess I'm guilty. But I know the military folks know better. I won't say that I myself didn't consider him one though. But yeah, it isn't exactly like he did much to earn it.

But yeah, the stories of guys jumping on grenades to save others, running through enemy lines to gather brothers, things like that scream hero to me. The guys that end up with the medal of honor, that type of bravery.

I don't want to condemn Mccain outside of his political crap though. And even there, there were many times I agreed with his stances, but far too many times ended up disappointed in having expectations from him.
    My issue with it is this: If EVERYONE is a "war hero", then what is a TRUE war hero? The word "hero" has been devalued by its misuse.

And it has been a media-driven, leftwingnut thing, but it has pressured everyone else. A lot of it stems back to Vietnam. The left got crushed for their treatment of vets. So everyone is suddenly a "hero" and "I support the troops but not the war". Then of course, if the right doesn't respond, the left is fingerpointing and yelling "look! the right doesn't care" so the pressure is on to say all the right things.

"Thank you for your service". Appreciate it. When was the last time you said the same to a cop or a fireman? And I don't mean you nor anyone else personally, Jimbob, I mean the universal "y'all, you".

Their jobs SUCK.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    My issue with it is this: If EVERYONE is a "war hero", then what is a TRUE war hero? The word "hero" has been devalued by its misuse.

And it has been a media-driven, leftwingnut thing, but it has pressured everyone else. A lot of it stems back to Vietnam. The left got crushed for their treatment of vets. So everyone is suddenly a "hero" and "I support the troops but not the war". Then of course, if the right doesn't respond, the left is fingerpointing and yelling "look! the right doesn't care" so the pressure is on to say all the right things.

"Thank you for your service". Appreciate it. When was the last time you said the same to a cop or a fireman? And I don't mean you nor anyone else personally, Jimbob, I mean the universal "y'all, you".

Their jobs SUCK.
    I agree with you, Gunny.

I ALWAYS thank ALL of them. Especially our military in uniform, I'm never afraid to simply say thank you as I walk on by. My wife is the one that you always read about that silently pays for their meals and leaves.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I agree with you, Gunny.

I ALWAYS thank ALL of them. Especially our military in uniform, I'm never afraid to simply say thank you as I walk on by. My wife is the one that you always read about that silently pays for their meals and leaves.
    I already suspected your wife is a Saint. She puts up with you.

13. Thanks Elessar, Russ thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I already suspected your wife is a Saint. She puts up with you.
    She truly is, and I never state it enough. She's a WONDERFUL WOMAN all the way around. In fact, nearly perfect for me! I'll never know or understand why she's with me and puts up with me. But I am one lucky man.

She's the smartest woman I know. She's got one hell of a career. She's earned every bit of what she gets in return. She's extremely educated and graduated from both Virginia Tech and NYU, and proved that an education makes a difference. And she paid her own way through, worked 2 jobs while going to Tech, and then a FT job while at NYU.

Now she busts her ass all day long, works long hours, pretty much never complains. She's quiet when home, loves to read, and likes to poke at me and laugh, which I would do too if I were her! We like the same music, oddly, as you wouldn't see her as a metal and heavy rock listener! But mostly you'll find her listening to the audio of all the harry potter books. If not, reading one of her few million books. She likes to read like there's no tomorrow. She's kind and likes animals.

Ok, not trying to convince anyone of anything, just that I rarely ever bring my wife up, and never brag about her, but I did this one time.

15. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond, Abbey Marie, Elessar, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, forgot to mention, she's absolutely beautiful too, and a redhead!!

17. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Love to see someone openly appreciating their spouse.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

19. Thanks SassyLady, Russ thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Wrong again petey....

Your blind ignorance does NOT equate, in any way to Loyalty. You hatred, and hypocrisy bring you down every time.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It’s his prerogative.

But at this point, he should have his thoughts on much bigger things than whether Trump attends his funeral.

Plus, if someone you dislike takes time to pay respects to you and your family, why not let them?
    Looking at it a different way, why was McCain even commenting about Trump coming to his funeral? Did he really expect that Trump wanted to show up?

Maybe I should call my own press conference right now, just to state that "John McCain is not invited to my funeral". I'm sure McCain would be shaken to the core.

Let's face it, McCain's statement had no purpose other than taking a shot at Trump. He is acting just like the things he complains about in Trump.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

22. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post