Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Mine's not a Jimmy. Those are GMC's small trucks. I have to be careful where I park in mine so I can get out without crushing someone.

The color is "fire engine red". It's a bit brighter. My truck was the first year they had the Heavy Duty model and the 6.0 litre engine. Basically, I bought an experiment

GM always tests their trucks out as GMC's to see if they will catch on. If they do, you will find a spiffier version in the Chevy Silverado; which, is exactly what happened with the HD. All of the big American auto makers used to do that. Oldsmobile was the test run for Buick. Ford was the test run for Mercury. GMC for Chevy.

In 17 years I have had to change the oil, replace the battery a couple times and change out a burnt out light bulb. Oh, and new tires and I DID ditch the factory rims as quickly as I could. Other than that, I've had zero issues with it. Most importantly ... it's paid for. THAT alone keeps me hesitant to get anything new. I really don't need a 3/4 ton pickup to run back and forth to the store. When I got it, I was doing commercial electrical work and owned my own house so it came in quite handy.
    Yeah actually I think where the "Jimmy" caught on was the little 1/4 ton 4x4 thingie... so... GMC! ...

That 6.0 ltr is a beast of an engine, bullet proof... damn good motor. I have the same thing in my 2015. The thing I really like about the 3/4 ton 6.0 ltr is it doesn't do that 8 to 4 to 8 to 4, back and forth shutting off half the engine crap. All the half tons do, 3/4 tons don't. The 3/4 tons have the nice 6 speed heavy duty automatic transmission too, and the half tons have that freakin' weird EIGHT SPEED. I wouldn't buy a new half ton, seriously, I don't want half my frickin' engine inadvertently shutting off, and I don't need EIGHT friggin' gears in the tranny. I have a couple friends that half bought the new 2018's with the 6.2 ltr and 8 speeds, and all I hear them do is BITCH. They say the trans hunts around for gears and feels weird most of the time, even my 6 speed does sometimes, I couldn't imagine an 8 speed, in a SMALLER truck... how stupid.

Is your's a 4x4?

Yeah this is what I'll trade in on the Camaro... my 2015, Chevy, Silverado, 2500HD, Z71, LTZ...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-16-2018 at 10:18 AM.