Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
"Manipulating" the public is what peaceful protest are about.
But because it's hoped to help change a situation does that mean that it's not sincere?

When the Vets marched on Washington after WW1 and set up camps in DC, it was to "MANIPULATE" the gov't and the people into fulfilling it's obligation.

The fact that they camped out there didn't mean that some of them weren't homeless and would have had to camp SOMEWHERE anyway.

Bottom line seems to me is that some folks just don't like it. They are horrified by the concept. And they can't bear to see it. (but don't seem to have any horror or outrage over innocent dead people at the hands of police)

Just like some folks didn't want to see Tim Tibow pray, or display the various bible verses over the years. And Folks wanted to run the DUCK guys off TV, and shut down the Christian real estate brothers TV shows and the Christian Real Estate Flipper couple.

IMO both sides have become snowflake filled. And rather than have REAL freedoms of speech, they both just want to simply run off anyone that "offends" them. Banish them from public view and out of work.

Grown adults Left and Right, neither seem to be able bear 30 secs of a contrary opinion. Or sincerely manage to tolerate being in the presence others expressing their beliefs.
There is a difference between standing on a street corner with a sign, and forcing an audience tuned in to watch a sporting event to see you disrespecting the symbol of our country. If you don’t see that, I give up.

As for Tebow, etc., I get that Christianphobics hate representations of Christianity. Since we aren’t all Christian, I feel sad and move on. But we are all American. And we all owe a debt we cannot repay to those who fought under that flag.

Rev, I think you need to take off your “I’m against authority” glasses and try to judge each case on its merits. Sometimes, believe it or not, authority is actually ok, and law enforcement, whether police or TSA agents, is a positive thing.