Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Why do you need to be so pissed at us for doing the same thing you are doing???
    I was trying to tell you...you have to remember...you, and I are no longer in uniform. So using the Corps as your constant example of how you feel, or act....IS OVER NOW.
    We all come here to talk with each other...as you told me long ago. So now. If you don't want to hear what we say...YOU GET PISSED??? What's up wit dat???
    Whatever. I'm not. You're timing is bad.

I will point out that I didn't make it personal. My duty status has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or my post.

If you are referring to the language in my initial post I explained it first sentence. I was born and raised in the military and was in it. This is how I think, like it or not.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-22-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Though I tend to differ with Gunny's opinion. We both know. We served our country to enable ALL OF US to speak as we want here.
    I do believe...IMO, that newcomers to DP, reading what Gunny has said in this thread...would probably think Gunny is sounding more like a liberal in many ways.
    Where I can't understand is...That Trump...despite all of the negatives directed his way...IS NOT becoming, or practicing the NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN tactics where the USA would be safer by DOING NOTHING, and minding our own business in this UPSIDE DOWN WORLD Today.

Just my opinion, even as I wonder when Gunny will understand...He's no longer on Active Duty??

With all due respect Gunny. SEMPER FI!
    I just got home so I missed the last few posts. He doesn't sound like a leftwing nut. I am just happy about the change of pace with the new administration.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 05-22-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Why do you need to be so pissed at us for doing the same thing you are doing???
    I was trying to tell you...you have to remember...you, and I are no longer in uniform. So using the Corps as your constant example of how you feel, or act....IS OVER NOW.
    We all come here to talk with each other...as you told me long ago. So now. If you don't want to hear what we say...YOU GET PISSED??? What's up wit dat???
    AND ... the "new person who might think I'm whatever y'all label a "liberal" these days?" Jake Starkey has known me longer than you have and he damned well knows I'm not.

Just like YOU know I'm not.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well I missed it. I had to fix a cluster fuck at my parents house, as they are out of town for six months. I'll catch it next time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Well I missed it. I had to fix a cluster fuck at my parents house, as they are out of town for six months. I'll catch it next time.
    What change of pace are you referring to?

As far as I personally am concerned? I've given Trump rops for everything he's done that I have agreed with; which, is a lot. I take nothing from that. My opinion is he needs to stick to domestic issues because he's a foreign relations disaster. That's my opinion based on HIS actions, not mine and it sure as hell doesn't relegate me to the leftwingnut camp.

In comparison, when Bush invaded Iraq I was ALL OVER calling THAT stupid. History has proven me correct. That aside, same people for the most part, different board, and i didn't get the same "you must hate Bush, you're a lefty, BS". Of course, you could actually discuss an issue without getting some partisan insult for a response THEN.

I think he's fucking up with foreign relations and that's the bottom line cuz stone Cold said so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Agreed Gunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    AND ... the "new person who might think I'm whatever y'all label a "liberal" these days?" Jake Starkey has known me longer than you have and he damned well knows I'm not.

Just like YOU know I'm not.

Of course. I didn't say you were. I just said a new visitor to DP might interpret what you had said as leaning toward the liberal side. I guess I'll just stop responding to anything you say. Last thing I want to do is upset, offend, or insult anyone. That sounds like I've become a Liberal now!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Of course. I didn't say you were. I just said a new visitor to DP might interpret what you had said as leaning toward the liberal side. I guess I'll just stop responding to anything you say. Last thing I want to do is upset, offend, or insult anyone. That sounds like I've become a Liberal now!
    You haven't upset or offended me in the least. I've just had my quota of bullshit for the day clean up to my eyes and it had nothing to do with you. I'm tired of the topic. We're supposed to be better than the left. Not from where I'm sitting when we can't even have an honest discussion based on facts and figures about Trump if it in any way makes a negative statement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Oh, do please tell. I’m curious...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Oh, do please tell. I’m curious...
    I've been kind of on and off too so I haven't really been able to just go straight at anything. Daughter's sick and SIL took her to the hospital and I got stuck (in order) filling the pool and entertaining the 5 years old, get both girls through the bath and making them dinner, lunch for the youngest because she won't eat school lunches, wash and steam the little one's bottles for tomorrow, laundry, and then my daughter came home with our (adults) dinner.

So I was bouncing around all over the place. I'm too old for this crap

12. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've been kind of on and off too so I haven't really been able to just go straight at anything. Daughter's sick and SIL took her to the hospital and I got stuck (in order) filling the pool and entertaining the 5 years old, get both girls through the bath and making them dinner, lunch for the youngest because she won't eat school lunches, wash and steam the little one's bottles for tomorrow, laundry, and then my daughter came home with our (adults) dinner.

Obviously you're not too old.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

To assuage our allies concerns that we are unnecessarily picking on the poor little genocidal sociopath in Pyongyang, maybe Trump should offer to help Kim produce and promote a fundraising album titled "Songs From My Father". This could show off Kim's softer side while helping him earn some much needed goodwill and hard currency. It would be highlighted by his father's hit from the Hollywood blockbuster, "Team America":

Pres. Trump could also calm Democrat fears about his foreign policy by reaching across the aisle and get Pres. Obama to claim that this album should be as successful as his book, "Dreams From My Father". Maybe he could get Bill Ayers to do a duet with Joan Baez of her classic "Joe Hill" but rename it in honor of Kim's father, "Jong Il" (I dreamed I saw Jong Il last night, alive as you and me...):

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Cardio...