Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
Pork roast is my Ma's favorite. Just put it in the roaster with one of those little packages of onion and mushroom soup mixies and let 'er go on 325 for about 4 hours, and if you don't like that then there's something wrong with your taste buds...
Sounds pretty decent. I just can't take it dried out. I won't eat it.

You could set your clock by MY grandparents. Beef for dinner Mon-Sat and chicken after church on Sunday. There was ZERO deviation from THAT schedule until my grandfather had a heart attack (go figure) and I don't really remember what it was after that. And you were going to get canned spinach, green beans, English peas, or mixed veggies and carrots or squash (drawing a blank on any other yellow veggie) and canned sliced cling peaches. Desert was a piece of buttered bread with Grandmas Molasses. That was my Texas grandparents.

My Southern grandma was the opposite. Total Southern cook. I don't think there was much she didn't know how to cook, all the veggies and fruit came from the Farmer's Market, and when she laid out the spread you'd have thought royalty was coming to dinner.