Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coffee Shop

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Just admit it, "farm boy " is your favorite!
    makes my jumbly-bits get tingly.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Weather forecast:

Today and tomorrow: 99
    Thu we "cool down" to 97
    Fri:100
    Sat & Sun: 102

Not a cloud forecast in any of it. I'm not seeing anything I even remotely like about this. I already glow in the dark from my afternoon at Medina Lake yesterday. Gunny's new skin color is this.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Going to cool down here nice by tomorrow. Today is supposed to still be up around 90-92, but tomorrow storms and much cooler, for the rest of the week.

Been up for at least an hour, had Fox News on, had the sound on for maybe 5 minutes of that time, been on MUTE since. Time to sync with the Microsoft bluetooth doggle on the TV and listen to my weekly Spotify picks.

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I like this kinda weather.

Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

7. Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I like this kinda weather.

That looks like the rest of the week for here. It's only May in WI, it's way, way too hot. We set new record highs yesterday and the day before, and stand a good chance of setting another one today. We'll be getting back to normal, in the 70's, Wednesday... storms.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-29-2018 at 08:40 AM.

9. Thanks darin, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    makes my jumbly-bits get tingly.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Going to cool down here nice by tomorrow. Today is supposed to still be up around 90-92, but tomorrow storms and much cooler, for the rest of the week.

Been up for at least an hour, had Fox News on, had the sound on for maybe 5 minutes of that time, been on MUTE since. Time to sync with the Microsoft bluetooth doggle on the TV and listen to my weekly Spotify picks.
    Been up since 5. You don't REALLY think I'm going running at noon when it's in the 90s? I may be a dumb jarhead, but I ain't THAT dumb. And since Mr Useful is taking care of himself, I'm still on the hook for breakfast and getting everyone out of here. I was back before they got up. Civilians
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Been up since 5. You don't REALLY think I'm going running at noon when it's in the 90s? I may be a dumb jarhead, but I ain't THAT dumb. And since Mr Useful is taking care of himself, I'm still on the hook for breakfast and getting everyone out of here. I was back before they got up. Civilians
    Did you swim?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

That looks like the rest of the week for here. It's only May in WI, it's way, way too hot. We set new record highs yesterday and the day before, and stand a good chance of setting another one today. We'll be getting back to normal, in the 70's, Wednesday... storms.

This is July weather for us. LOL, last time it did this it rained half of Jun and July and screwed EVERYTHING up.

Otherwise, looking like a long, extended summer. The water nazi's are are already foaming at the bit.

14. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

I'm glad my ceiling fan is not an old-school metal ones. I couldn't tell you how many times I've stuck my hand in the damned thing. You'd think I'd have figured out was there by now.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-29-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Muscle cramps, light headed, dizziness... I'm sure you know the signs of over heating. Gaterade, lots of it is your friend if you're going to do anything outside, not pop or beer.

I know I'm preaching to the choir...

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm glad my ceiling fan is not an old-school metal ones. I couldn't tell you how many times I've stuck my hand in the damned thing. You'd think I'd have figured out was there by now.
    The one in my back room hits the door. I can't count the times I open the door too far and BAM, BAM, BAM... why I can't remember not to open the door that far when the fan is on is beyond me. Must have a one track mind.

The fans do help though. I have them in every room but the bathroom. Reverse them and turn them on and you can feel them suck the cold air up. Helps out the central air quite a bit I think. I've been real comfortable in here with it set on 73.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-29-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Muscle cramps, light headed, dizziness... I'm sure you know the signs of over heating. Gaterade, lots of it is your friend if you're going to do anything outside, not pop or beer.

I know I'm preaching to the choir...
    Yeah I know the drill REAL well. The worst Hell on Earth I ever ran at was Parris Island. When they call it a swamp they aren't kidding. It's like running with a wet blanket on your face. And of course I had to go to drill instructor school in July. One of my more "genius" choices

20. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah I know the drill REAL well. The worst Hell on Earth I ever ran at was Parris Island. When they call it a swamp they aren't kidding. It's like running with a wet blanket on your face. And of course I had to go to drill instructor school in July. One of my more "genius" choices
    The flight line at Nellis AFB could get pretty hot. When it got over 120 degrees they'd call code red and you had to work 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off, and the expediter trucks had a few 10 gallon Coleman jugs filled with iced down Gaterade and huge straws. Just wave them down and get a good drink. I saw more than one troop collapse. Never heard of anyone dying though. I was born in July and my Ma likes to remind me that it was super hot in the delivery room when I was born. Maybe that's the heat never really bothered me that I recall. It bothers me now that I'm older though. Somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees with low humidity is just about perfect for me.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-29-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

The flight line at Nellis AFB could get pretty hot. When it got over 120 degrees they'd call code red and you had to work 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off, and the expediter trucks had a few 10 gallon Coleman jugs filled with iced down Gaterade and huge straws. Just wave them down and get a good drink. I saw more than one troop collapse. Never heard of anyone dying though. I was born in July and my Ma likes to remind me that it was super hot in the delivery room when I was born. Maybe that's the heat never really bothered me that I recall. It bothers me now that I'm older though. Somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees with low humidity is just about perfect for me.
    There's different kinds of "hot" and it determines physical activity. In the hi desert, you could run in 110 degree heat once you were acclimatized. You get less oxygen and can't breath after a quarter mile. Here, it's heat AND humidity and you best know what you are dong if you're outside doing physical activity or it will kill you.

I'm too old for all that crap. I've half a hair-brained scheme to try and get up at 5 and run every morning. No traffic, no people, grandkids aren't awake and tearing anything up yet (school's out in 2 days), not too hot yet. Everything is right about it except the getting my ass up at 5AM part

23. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post