Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    ...wait a second. Did you? Did you say? Sushi is yucky?

#dispondant

#Ihadsuchhighhopes

That's why it is better to come to my house kiddo. I love sushi!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ok, I'm still awake and have yet to sleep since 1 am on Wednesday. I was close, then decided I should check my accounts with Chase. I temporarily forgot my password, (too tired?), so I went to reset and ran to get my debit card. Could not find it.

I emptied my purse, three times. I checked Myr's car, twice.

I called Walmart, the last place we stopped, (BTW, they are quite a bit cheaper than Amazon for Brita water pitchers). The person that would know if a debit card had been found, was on break or in a meeting, could I call back in 20 minutes? Damn right.

I did. No luck. So, I check the purse again. I gather up my phone, purse, and planned to head over and check the parking lot. Get in my car and a passing thought, check under Myr's car. Sure enough, breathing. Of course by now I'm more than awake and it's 2:30. So I go and fill up my car with $2.71 gas. Everywhere else around here is $2.87 and higher, but still 15-30 cents cheaper than No. AZ. So here I am, contemplating going to sleep for a couple of hours.
    I did fall asleep for 3 hours, went to the pool then out for really good Mexican lunch. So good! Myriam took off and I headed back to tackle unpacking. Fell asleep until nearly 6! I'd say I needed that. So I'm starting in on it, my plan is to stop at a reasonable time and finish tomorrow.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    She also makes killer sausage and biscuits! (Stomach growling! )
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-31-2018 at 10:50 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Why sure... you can even pitch a tent in here and take up residency...

And feel free to use which ever bathroom you'd like too.
    SO this is really a Starbucks ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

She also makes killer sausage and biscuits! (Stmach growling! )
    Maaaaan... I'd eat up on some of THAT!

(Stomach also growling.)

9. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah it's a little bit cooler today, but still real humid. Got some trimmings to rake up then I better break out the JD and mow my JUNGLE.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yeah it's a little bit cooler today, but still real humid. Got some trimmings to rake up then I better break out the JD and mow my JUNGLE.

I dunno, T.
    Jack Daniels and mowing might not be a good idea.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm not much of a sharer, but I'll share this:

I really like sushi.

I like it so much in fact, that I can't be bothered to know anything about it.

I don't know how to order the stuff... I leave that for others.

I get together with 2 or three friends for some sushi, and I just order one of each of what they order.

That's it. That's how I roll.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

14. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I dunno, T. Jack Daniels and mowing might not be a good idea.

I see what ya did there... I'm actually giving the Jack Daniels a rest... giving all the boozin' a rest.

Did get the lawn mowed, was windy and got covered with lawn dust and dirt.

Car has been gone for 8 days now. Won't see it until Monday at the earliest now, 10 days. But my bet is, they've told the body shop manager, for Christ sake, this guy is one nit picky dude, just take your time and GET IT RIGHT, so actually I'm expecting to be blown away. I hear they took the hood and trunk lid off and rear air spoiler, I'm sure they're pulling out all the stops. I expect the stripes to be perfect and even clear coated. Going to be one rare SS Camaro with the stripes painted on instead of decals, so I'm not going to call and bug 'em. Let the maestro create his master piece. I'm sure the wait will have been worth it.

I do miss my car though. I sure didn't have it long and it's gone. This waiting is tough.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-01-2018 at 09:23 PM.

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm a little sore from all the yard work yesterday. The new 40v cordless DeWalt hedge trimmer is surprisingly heavy, especially after you've been swinging it for an hour. My shoulders are more sore than anything, but, I'm going to hit the yard and power through it. Still have raking to do and I really need to get this done. One of those chores that you don't really want to do but you know there's no getting out of it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-02-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I dunno, T. Jack Daniels and mowing might not be a good idea.

Sure it is (used to be)! Got 3 hours on a tractor ahead of you just riding in circles? A shot every couple of laps keeps you from getting bored
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm settling in. Went to the grocery and got out for just over $100, which isn't bad considering that I had to throw out everything that was in fridge/freezer in Camp Verde.

Yeah, still need a few things, but with this heat cannot do multiple store shopping. Going to finish up the shopping when I'm done prepping the meat, fruits, and veggies.

Blueberries and grapes are done. Strawberries drying, along with nectarines, apples, and peaches. Pineapple is next. THEN there was my one, "Should I have done this?" Fry's which is a Kroger store, had petite sirloin steaks on sale, buy 1, get three. Family packs! I've got 12 steaks. I don't eat much beef, but in the summer I do like it sliced on salads and sandwiches, but I think I may have overbought this time. LOL!

I usually buy boneless/skinless breast, but they had huge regular breasts for .88! I got a pack of two, will make chicken veggie soup out of them and freeze.

Tom, you mentioned buying the prepared rotisserie chickens in the store. I pick those up once in awhile. I usually eat the wings and part of the breast. I tear the meat off and throw the carcass into my crock with some onion, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, and a bit of rosemary. Leave it on low for a couple of hours. Then put through a sieve, doesn't have to be perfect. Throw it into a container and put in fridge overnight. If there's any fat, skim it off the top, (it will be congealed.) Use the stock for soup or if you don't make that, use it for rice. You can use the left over chicken, for me there's enough for two more meals either in soup or add a bit of barbecue sauce and you've got sloppy chicken sandwiches. Can always just make chicken salad too!

21. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sure it is (used to be)! Got 3 hours on a tractor ahead of you just riding in circles? A shot every couple of laps keeps you from getting bored
    Even on my John Deere with a 54" deck, it takes me an hour and half to mow. I wanted to get the brush and overgrowth from 20 years of neglect a ways away from the house to cut down on bugs. Consequently I have quite a bit of lawn, but oh well, it looks nice.

Yeah that JD... I drink mostly because I'm bored. Weird though, when I quit drinking I'm usually not bored... go figure. If I was smart, I'd just quit drinking for good... and who knows... I might.

23. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Tom, you mentioned buying the prepared rotisserie chickens in the store. I pick those up once in awhile. I usually eat the wings and part of the breast. I tear the meat off and throw the carcass into my crock with some onion, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, and a bit of rosemary. Leave it on low for a couple of hours. Then put through a sieve, doesn't have to be perfect. Throw it into a container and put in fridge overnight. If there's any fat, skim it off the top, (it will be congealed.) Use the stock for soup or if you don't make that, use it for rice. You can use the left over chicken, for me there's enough for two more meals either in soup or add a bit of barbecue sauce and you've got sloppy chicken sandwiches. Can always just make chicken salad too!
    Good idea. I have a couple different strainers but no sieve. I've looked at them at the store, I'll have to make a note in my phone to pick one up.

I see them using them on "Diners, Driveins & Dives" all the time. One of my favorite shows.

Time to get at the raking... it's a perfect time to finish it, it's cool and overcast.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-02-2018 at 01:49 PM.

25. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I'm settling in. Went to the grocery and got out for just over $100, which isn't bad considering that I had to throw out everything that was in fridge/freezer in Camp Verde.

Yeah, still need a few things, but with this heat cannot do multiple store shopping. Going to finish up the shopping when I'm done prepping the meat, fruits, and veggies.

Blueberries and grapes are done. Strawberries drying, along with nectarines, apples, and peaches. Pineapple is next. THEN there was my one, "Should I have done this?" Fry's which is a Kroger store, had petite sirloin steaks on sale, buy 1, get three. Family packs! I've got 12 steaks. I don't eat much beef, but in the summer I do like it sliced on salads and sandwiches, but I think I may have overbought this time. LOL!

I usually buy boneless/skinless breast, but they had huge regular breasts for .88! I got a pack of two, will make chicken veggie soup out of them and freeze.

You tightwad. Do you squeeze your pennies til Abe Lincoln squeals?