Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Tomorrow

So I'm going to NJ tomorrow for a one night visit. And it wasn't until I was on the page paying a tiny fee for my Marriott visit, being a family member works there. But it was then that I noticed...

So yup, brand new truck, I still feel hesitation at every step, feeling like I am going to scratch it or crash, or someone will do the same again. So less than 100 miles on her, and I'm taking it to NJ for an evening, and no garage is bad enough - but on Friday the 13th???

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So I'm going to NJ tomorrow for a one night visit. And it wasn't until I was on the page paying a tiny fee for my Marriott visit, being a family member works there. But it was then that I noticed...

So yup, brand new truck, I still feel hesitation at every step, feeling like I am going to scratch it or crash, or someone will do the same again. So less than 100 miles on her, and I'm taking it to NJ for an evening, and no garage is bad enough - but on Friday the 13th???

Let your son drive it, tell him to watch out for off road. Let him get the dings, cry before you leave for NJ. All will be fine.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Let your son drive it, tell him to watch out for off road. Let him get the dings, cry before you leave for NJ. All will be fine.
    Oh HELL NO!!

He did drive my old truck, and it was when I was visiting in NJ. There won't be any repeats in this truck! LOL

He was driving far to the right and nearly hitting the curb and/or parked cars to the right, made me nervous as hell, but he has to learn. But his learning just ended when I signed for my new baby.

Woman said that when he's ready she is going to get him classes at driving school and they help him get his license. He's got his learner's permit already and aced every question right, so he's got that part down. But now he's got to learn to actually get behind the wheel.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Oh HELL NO!!

He did drive my old truck, and it was when I was visiting in NJ. There won't be any repeats in this truck! LOL

He was driving far to the right and nearly hitting the curb and/or parked cars to the right, made me nervous as hell, but he has to learn. But his learning just ended when I signed for my new baby.

Woman said that when he's ready she is going to get him classes at driving school and they help him get his license. He's got his learner's permit already and aced every question right, so he's got that part down. But now he's got to learn to actually get behind the wheel.
    Got right to the point. Dings are going to happen. Wheels scraped. It only hurts the first time.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Got right to the point. Dings are going to happen. Wheels scraped. It only hurts the first time.
    That's a fact, and it's GOT to be ME. Because I simply won't be forgiving as much if the wifey comes home with a huge dent, or say a friend drops an ash and burns the new leather... no smoking in there BTW. But it's GOING to happen. I'd rather not make a friend an ex-friend, or perhaps an ex-wife....

I can deal with the first few scrapes of the tire or wheels, and even the first few times she gets good and dirty. But a damn good door ding, or bumper bashing - and off with someone's head! Only a matter of time...

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

That's a fact, and it's GOT to be ME. Because I simply won't be forgiving as much if the wifey comes home with a huge dent, or say a friend drops an ash and burns the new leather... no smoking in there BTW. But it's GOING to happen. I'd rather not make a friend an ex-friend, or perhaps an ex-wife....

I can deal with the first few scrapes of the tire or wheels, and even the first few times she gets good and dirty. But a damn good door ding, or bumper bashing - and off with someone's head! Only a matter of time...

Brand new Navy blue 1987 Toyota 4x4 pickup and went sporting it off to the unit softball game the weekend after I drove it off the lot.

Sure as shit while I was playing that shiny new paint was a foul ball magnet. Right on the front driver's side fender
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Brand new Navy blue 1987 Toyota 4x4 pickup and went sporting it off to the unit softball game the weekend after I drove it off the lot.

Sure as shit while I was playing that shiny new paint was a foul ball magnet. Right on the front driver's side fender
    Ya see, first someone may need an ass kicking and told to learn how to hit the effing ball in fair play, and then maybe making that friend no longer a friend. Maybe I shouldn't have parked my new truck in that area, but that's irrelevant.

My 2004 4Runner, like about a year or so on the dot, all of a sudden a smiley face on top of a stick figure was etched into the passenger door. WTF? Oh man, I was piiiiiiiisssssed! And I never did find out who did it. I tried my own FBI shit and came up empty.

The next time it was simply parked in my driveway. We shoveled and everything was done after a storm. Like 3-4 hours later and **BOOOOOM***. Once again, WTF was that? I go down - to find out that apparently even though my truck was in park with brake on, she done did roll in the ice - and the right front quarter panel hit the frame of the garage door. Well EFF me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'd get mad at myself, pretty forgiving of others. LOL!

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'd get mad at myself, pretty forgiving of others. LOL!
    Nothing wrong with that. Forgiveness should be a priority, especially in events with no injuries.

But this is ME we are talking about, and my new truck. I can learn to perhaps forgive myself, but anyone else is gonna have an issue for quite some time at the minimum. I love my truck almost as much as my animals! I take very good care of my vehicles. But I still love my doggies and kitty more though. And the family is pretty cool too.

16. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Ya see, first someone may need an ass kicking and told to learn how to hit the effing ball in fair play, and then maybe making that friend no longer a friend. Maybe I shouldn't have parked my new truck in that area, but that's irrelevant.

My 2004 4Runner, like about a year or so on the dot, all of a sudden a smiley face on top of a stick figure was etched into the passenger door. WTF? Oh man, I was piiiiiiiisssssed! And I never did find out who did it. I tried my own FBI shit and came up empty.

The next time it was simply parked in my driveway. We shoveled and everything was done after a storm. Like 3-4 hours later and **BOOOOOM***. Once again, WTF was that? I go down - to find out that apparently even though my truck was in park with brake on, she done did roll in the ice - and the right front quarter panel hit the frame of the garage door. Well EFF me!
    I had no idea who did it. I was playing in one game and there were about 4 games at a time going. It was some base league at Randolph AFB.

I purposefully parked way in the back and where you'd think no one would hit even a foul. WRONG Ash was about 3 then and she was like why are you so mad, Daddy?

Had a woman in DC in the center lane make a left-hand turn right into my Jeep one morning. Damned airhead. And they didn't even have cell phones then. I got to drive a 4-Runner rental while it was getting fixed and I almost made a trade

Around here, you can just forget it. It's one reason on the "nay" list for a new ride. My 01 pickup runs just fine and I just overlook the dings. Funny thing though ... I STILL know if I get a new one
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

18. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with that. Forgiveness should be a priority, especially in events with no injuries.

But this is ME we are talking about, and my new truck. I can learn to perhaps forgive myself, but anyone else is gonna have an issue for quite some time at the minimum. I love my truck almost as much as my animals! I take very good care of my vehicles. But I still love my doggies and kitty more though. And the family is pretty cool too.
    Well I'm just thinking if your new truck was here this past week. Nearly every day there's been dust storms, some are pretty big particles being hurled at 70+mph. Oh, you would not like that!

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Strange it is. Every one I bought had some asshole back into the rear bumper and dent it.

It was , or seems, to be a curse!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Well I'm just thinking if your new truck was here this past week. Nearly every day there's been dust storms, some are pretty big particles being hurled at 70+mph. Oh, you would not like that!
    Ah yes ... I had forgotten the "free sandblasting" one gets to one's vehicle in the desert

I don't think Jim would like the desert much. I'm surprised you do. It's definitely a change. I remember when I'd come back East and everything was green. It was like color overload

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Of course I'll be driving this truck, but it will go in the garage every time it's at home, and of course better cared for as in - ensuring that it's washed after it snows, and the truck sucks up the salt in the road for a week and screws up underneath the truck, and hits it all over the paint elsewhere. So garage as much as possible, and more cleaning to ensure the paint lasts as well. I already ensure my vehicles are maintained on schedule. And with 104k on the 14 year old truck, you can tell I'm not someone using the truck as a work vehicle either.

24. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Of course I'll be driving this truck, but it will go in the garage every time it's at home, and of course better cared for as in - ensuring that it's washed after it snows, and the truck sucks up the salt in the road for a week and screws up underneath the truck, and hits it all over the paint elsewhere. So garage as much as possible, and more cleaning to ensure the paint lasts as well. I already ensure my vehicles are maintained on schedule. And with 104k on the 14 year old truck, you can tell I'm not someone using the truck as a work vehicle either.
    Don't forget your aluminum rims if you have them. That salt will kill them. I nevern had a spot of rust on my truck until I went North and through a couple of winters. I'm STILL getting that off the undercarriage and frame. Vehicles don't come winterized down here like the ones I saw in IL.