Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yep paper plates. Greatest invention EVER. I didn't mention since it wasn't there yet but I eat like a jarhead. If I'm cooking for me? I'll eat right out of the pan or pot so I don't have to wash a freakin' plate. We didn't have dishes in the field. Canteen cup, (steel pot back in the day) fork, knife and a John Wayne.

And yes, I WILL eat straight out of the can if I REALLY don't want to do dishes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You can all thank me another time! Now my wife likes all that expensive fancy schmancy non-stick pans and an iron skillet thingy and all that - coming from the guy who is in charge of doing the dishes...

Some great stuff right here, and at a very reasonable cost, and just so much easier to clean.

Yup, paper plates all the way. Been using them for decades. I do splurge for the more rigid ones though. I usually use the same glass over and over too, just rinse it out when I'm done with it. The only thing I go through like crazy is my pots and pans and silverware. I do like to cook, and I've trying to pare down recipes so I'm only cooking for one, unless I want the leftovers.

Watching some vids and it looks like Kathianne with her All-Clad is the winner. I just might try and ween myself off non stick all together. I have known that All-Clad is high quality stuff but it's been the price that's held me back, but if a pan lasts virtually forever, then it's actually worth the money, and cheaper in the long run. I do occasionally cook something that I want to finish in the oven, so it's good to have an all metal pan. Some say you can put these pans with the plastic kind of handles in the oven but I just don't trust that.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2018 at 08:28 PM.