Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Speaking of ...

If there's one thing I don't leave out, it's legs. The hardest thing I'm doing right now is Olympic weightlifting. I already KNOW I can power up a LOT more weight. But doing it by the numbers with proper technique is a whole 'nuther ball game. The squat snatch and squat clean and jerk however don't miss many muscles at all. I found some "new" ones as a matter of fact

My legs and lower back suffered the most when I was in the hospital which is something I NEVER had to deal with. I was always naturally strong.

Your upper body ain't going anywhere your lower body don't take it.
    Exactly... I was wondering if you did squats. I guess you found one exercise I CAN'T do on the gym... the "clean and jerk." I did do some of that way back when, when I was working out at the base gyms. But I'm going to spend a few weeks just building strength, getting used to it again. I don't need to rip anything trying to lift more than I should.

I have the leg curl right in front on the gym, but like on my other old gym I'll use the curl and row bar hooked to the front bottom cable and put a bunch of weight on, because the legs just take it, and do toe ups too. The only part of the leg I couldn't work on with the old gym was the back, but this gym has that soft band that I can hook onto the curl cable in front and do back leg curls. I might even be able to just hook my leg behind the pad in front of the seat and do a reverse leg curl... I'll have to try it. Either way, I spend a whole session working just legs.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-08-2018 at 06:23 PM.