Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I think it is reasonable to consider that if someone is still grieving years after a death they are likely suffering from a prolonged depression, should seek help. If you consider that judgemental, fair enough.

In any case I don’t have much more to add to the topic.
    There are thousands that are grieving over the loss of various loved ones on 9/11. It can cause a prolonged depression, but most folks can still function in such a manner. I think if it disables you, that's when you seek assistance. But to grieve, or be depressed or get a tear in the eye - whether a few months or 20 years down the road, I still think that's simply nature showing itself and human emotion. Personally, I would find it odd if someone were able to let go too easily.

I DO understand your point, and that if it's an "issue" after many years, one should seek help or talk to a therapist. But I only think that's if it somehow disables the person still.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    There are thousands that are grieving over the loss of various loved ones on 9/11. It can cause a prolonged depression, but most folks can still function in such a manner. I think if it disables you, that's when you seek assistance. But to grieve, or be depressed or get a tear in the eye - whether a few months or 20 years down the road, I still think that's simply nature showing itself and human emotion. Personally, I would find it odd if someone were able to let go too easily.

I DO understand your point, and that if it's an "issue" after many years, one should seek help or talk to a therapist. But I only think that's if it somehow disables the person still.
    For what it's worth, I think Noir is equating 'depression' (or his understanding of it) to American family members of 9/11 victims, as though this was all that was involved. But, it's not. There's the shock of the attack. The outrage felt over it. The immense trauma associated with it, as well as the grieving process itself. I don't feel that Noir is applying any understanding of any of that when he judges, as he does, that grieving family members - if still feeling that grief to any major extent - should 'seek help'.

Functionality isn't necessarily involved. People have a right to feel what they do, without some judgmental Leftie coming along and pronouncing over what HE feels they 'need'.

The real truth here, I think, is that Noir would rather see the emotional impact of 9/11 downgraded to a more 'PC-acceptable' level. Ultimately, he wants enmity towards the cause of it likewise downgraded.

I for one - for whatever my view is actually worth - consider that totally unacceptable.

If anything, today should remind us of what's still out there, meaning us all great harm.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

There may be some slight confusion over the term “grief/grieving” I should probably cut the middle-man and just term it as “depression” as that may be more universally understood as expected (in the case of a death etc) but certainly not a healthy long-term state.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

There may be some slight confusion over the term “grief/grieving” I should probably cut the middle-man and just term it as “depression” as that may be more universally understood as expected (in the case of a death etc) but certainly not a healthy long-term state.
    I'm all too familiar with depression, unfortunately. I do think it helps in differentiating to a better extent, but even depressed people can lead full functioning lives. But all in all, if someone is "clinically" depressed, then I agree that some help very well may be needed.

But back to the 17 years since 9/11. It just really sent me for a loop when I first read that this year as that sounds SO long ago, and I guess it is! And I hope the worst event on our soil - ever - will be taught and written properly and responsibly.

And I do think a LOT of people had forgotten - in different ways, even though of course they remember the events. If that makes any sense.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I'm all too familiar with depression, unfortunately. I do think it helps in differentiating to a better extent, but even depressed people can lead full functioning lives. But all in all, if someone is "clinically" depressed, then I agree that some help very well may be needed.

But back to the 17 years since 9/11. It just really sent me for a loop when I first read that this year as that sounds SO long ago, and I guess it is! And I hope the worst event on our soil - ever - will be taught and written properly and responsibly.

And I do think a LOT of people had forgotten - in different ways, even though of course they remember the events. If that makes any sense.
    We've been at war for 17 years. As long as we are still fighting against the ideology that led to 9/11 how can anyone forget? Or even want to?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

What you miss is this. Islam was not a hydra that bit us, then died with its heads cut off. It was a hydra that bit us and we basically ignored its heads and then went about cutting of its tail. You think grieving is all that is involved but such is not the case. The hydra still lives and still actively bites us. And will do so until either we destroy it or else it destroys us!
    Are you so damn daft as to not understand this glaring truth-- that Islam exists only to destroy all that is- NOT A PART OF ISLAM!
    That attack was not some space aliens....
    It was then and still is now the work of a cult over a billion strong that seeks our total destruction. And yours too..
    But liberals are so blind they think appeasing Islam will spare them!-Idiots-- Islam spares only those that totally submit to be enslaved.
    You can not face up to my posts or defeat the glaring obvious truths that I present -thus you ignore me..
    I know what Islam has planned for my family after I am dead.
    I know that it is a murder cult that parades as a religion!
    Those grieving their losses are correct in doing so.
    As are we that understand someday this monster will truly have to be dealt with and likely that will involve many millions dying(WHEN THEY GET THEIR NUKES).
    Islam plans on forcing that day.. Some of us think past today..
    I am sick of idiots saying- but it wasnt Islam! When I know that it was... the bastards that did it were obeying commands from the Koran! According to their damn cult they did exactly what they were supposed to do..
    FFKK ISLAM..-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-11-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Just WHAT affords you the gift to try and Psychoanalyze others all of the time?

You have never, ever been in places some of us have and I am sure you scurry from
    any perceived danger in your 3-D life.

You preach and pontificate all the time, but don't have Dick One to show for or prove
    your selfish opinions.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@jimnyc or @Abbey PIN This!
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    @jimnyc or @Abbey PIN This!
    Done! We'll leave it up here to honor those lost and the heroes of 9/11, both 2001 and 2012. Once enough memorial stuff has been posted, and enough discussion has been had, I'll eventually unstick it I assume?