Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
The technologies and education required are of the level like ‘reading and writing’. A society without a technology like an alphabet (or equivalent) would struggle to have a stable democracy, to the point of impossibility.

As for election consensus- it is not the result, but the manor by which the result is arrived at that is a shows the consensus of principles (or lack of) in a society.
The correct spelling is 'manner', Noir. Comprehensive education standards (system introduced by Labour, several decades ago) working well for you, there ?

As to your points:

1. I'm curious. Are you aware of a society, anywhere, lacking an alphabet ?

Dictatorships DO tend to be as 'alphabet rich' as democracies, Noir !! I really don't see how you can advance your case on that point.

2. Yes. Democratic votes do show consensus, by their very nature (unless the vote is too close to achieve an outright decision, that is). A consensus agreed by a majority .. it's hard to imagine anything better ... ??

Noir, these are so obscure points you're making - compared to the subject of the thread - that I'm wondering if you're trying to derail the thread ?

If so ... please explain WHY you have that intention ....