Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And YES, always with my L5 Alaska hat on, advertising where no one can go. And especially now. Should have seen me yesterday after I did my hair after the shower. Needless to say, on went the hat pretty quick.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Everyone looks cool in Aviators.
    Nice perk for your wife, btw.

And no, you probably should not drive that way!

Did they offer surgery as an option?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Nice perk for your wife, btw.

And no, you probably should not drive that way!

Did they offer surgery as an option?
    Thank God no surgery necessary the orthpedic told me. I'll be getting the cast fully closed on the 13th and then 4 weeks like that.

Wifey gets a lot of cool stuff for me over the years! Shirts galore, sunglasses, ton of battery chargers for cells, a portable projector from Brookstone, a lot of food and candy! It's when she gets the electronics when I speak up. She even came home with a 37" TV once, but she won that one at a similar function. Oh, a set of golf clubs she got I believe. Couldn't take for myself as they are/were lefty, which she is.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Thank God no surgery necessary the orthpedic told me. I'll be getting the cast fully closed on the 13th and then 4 weeks like that.

Wifey gets a lot of cool stuff for me over the years! Shirts galore, sunglasses, ton of battery chargers for cells, a portable projector from Brookstone, a lot of food and candy! It's when she gets the electronics when I speak up. She even came home with a 37" TV once, but she won that one at a similar function. Oh, a set of golf clubs she got I believe. Couldn't take for myself as they are/were lefty, which she is.
    Does she work in the City?

When I worked at 30 Rock for Chemical Bank’s Trust division, I really didn’t get any stuff, unless a client gave it to me. One rich old widow once brought me back a Fendi bag from Capri. That was nice. But we did get to go to some very sweet cocktail parties and dinners. Tavern on the Green, Rainbow Room, Sotheby’s, Christie’s, etc. I’m glad I was young and cute enough to really enjoy it. Now I’d be like, I just want to get home, thanks though!

Those late nights when I couldn’t stay in the city, and ended up needing to go to Penn Station, or especially the Port Authority, were a trip.

-Abbey

7. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Does she work in the City?

When I worked at 30 Rock for Chemical Bank’s Trust division, I really didn’t get any stuff, unless a client gave it to me. One rich old widow once brought me back a Fendi bag from Capri. That was nice. But we did get to go to some very sweet cocktail parties and dinners. Tavern on the Green, Rainbow Room, Sotheby’s, Christie’s, etc. I’m glad I was young and cute enough to really enjoy it. Now I’d be like, I just want to get home, thanks though!

Those late nights when I couldn’t stay in the city, and ended up needing to go to Penn Station, or especially the Port Authority, were a trip.
    Yup, at a large real estate company, commercial real estate. She's actually kinda a big deal in real estate, especially for a woman. She has set some records on deals made around NYC in various buildings they own. From Rock Center to I believe the Chrysler building, another huge one on 6th aka Avenue of the Americas, and really all over the place. She's busted her butt over the years and moved up the corporate ladder and is senior VP now. So she gets the better parties to go to, and the better gifts for me!! The downfall is long days and a lot of getting around for her.

9. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Tavern on the Green,
    I was at our company party there one Christmas, and went to another companies party on the invite list. Both times, while I absolutely loved it there, I felt out of place. Fancy Shmancy and I get lost with all the mirrors!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Didn't know this myself, just learned this about her company.

Says they are the second largest of their kind in the world. #1 is CBRE group.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I was going to say that...

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yup, at a large real estate company, commercial real estate. She's actually kinda a big deal in real estate, especially for a woman. She has set some records on deals made around NYC in various buildings they own. From Rock Center to I believe the Chrysler building, another huge one on 6th aka Avenue of the Americas, and really all over the place. She's busted her butt over the years and moved up the corporate ladder and is senior VP now. So she gets the better parties to go to, and the better gifts for me!! The downfall is long days and a lot of getting around for her.
    Did she ever work a deal with Trump? Or if not, know much about him pre-Presidential run?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Did she ever work a deal with Trump? Or if not, know much about him pre-Presidential run?
    She has sat in on a few meetings with him in attendance for deals, but he isn't really one who deals with that much more. She also dealt more with one of the kids she said, and like them more.

I once walked along inside the Trump Building at 58th & 5th where I worked with him - he just didn't know it. He had a LOT of large men with him, assuming bodyguards of some sort, and that was not long after he got with Melania.

16. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I stand corrected - for 3 years she worked with a building he owned, and therefore saw him more than I was aware.

18. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I stand corrected - for 3 years she worked with a building he owned, and therefore saw him more than I was aware.

Did she think well of him?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

So Nikoh ran way last night. We got her back within 15 minutes but the damage was done.

Now typing this with just my right hand has a cast from my wrist beyond my elbow.

I ran across the street after her as i was afraid of losing her. Across the street is a grassy field part of the apartment complex that starts there. When you get to the other side you go down a small embankment about 10-12 feet or so. And it had rained, so my ass went out from under me. By instinct I caught mt fall with left hand/wrist/arm... it felt like it snapped in half, and I also had my head hit and bounce pretty hard off the ground. Not a pretty sight to see a 50yr old chasing his dog and falling squarely on his ass. The pain was beyond incredible and still is.

I think I may have had a concussion as i later got a terrible headache and threw up. And my arm still hurt worse. So off to urgent care a bit ago as the pain became too unbearable. 4 xrays later and apparently 2 small fractures. This seems and feels like a real cast but the doc said to immediately see the orthopedic doctor elsewhere for full real cast. And he gave me nothing for the pain but i also chickened out in asking, didn't want to come off as drug seeker. and now i suffer.

He gave me copies of the xrays, the temp cast/splint to holdover and out the door. Wife is at work and i cant drive with one arm. place was about 2 minutes from home but took me like 10 driving with one arm and was feeling a bit unsafe. now how the hell i get relief? how do i shower? couldnt sleep from pain.

i hate me right now, what a dumbass i am!
    I'm REALLY trying hard ... REALLY . Putz
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm REALLY trying hard ... REALLY . Putz

Ahhh, go ahead, I deserve it with this one for not thinking while running, but I would have run through traffic to get her back! Love my doggies.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

Losing the use of an arm SUCKS right down to the simplest crap. Shaving. I know you aren't a fan of that anyway, but imagine if you shaved your head too? Getting your balance. Ask Kath. Not sure where your arm is broken, but when it's your shoulder and you can't lift your arm?

Prepare for impact with the ground
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke