Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In the end - if it were me, giving advice to the teachers of the world - for those that may feel their hands are tied but still want to report any crimes, can simply route things differently in the future knowing the laws, rules & regulations for now. Any report I had mentioned earlier, which isn't something that is an option really in current times, that person can pass it off to someone else for any such reports and move on to teaching and the rest of their jobs. This way the teachers will remain clear & if someone has a conscience about such things, they can re-route it through a friend or similar, and certainly not put their jobs on the line.

If me, but obviously not me, I would make my list and quit and then ultimately do what I gotta do. No different than any other job in the world, if you don't like the terms, the pay, the commute... quit and find another job. This is NOT what all would or should do, just my viewpoint on it. And 99 out of 100 folks likely can't afford to do such with their employment. Just what I personally would do.

Similar to what I said back then with the bakery stuff.... go another route. Of course they made it clear that you cannot do this or that - but as I said, if you aren't open, not much one can do. Or out of a certain type of supplies? And not every time does someone bake something that comes out perfect, sometimes it just sucks.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Strange how off topic this thread got, but I'd like to try to get it back on topic, by also mentioning this.

We have GOT to stop throwing words like treasonous around so casually. There is nothing treasonous about firing a teacher for a reason you disagree with. Just as there is nothing treasonous about well anything Trump has done.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and at some point it has to stop. Treason is a legal term with a legal meaning.
    I'll spell your shit right one day @STTAB. So just to toss one out there (it ain't like we're going to use up all of Jimbob's bandwidth), In your opinion, would you say that the House of Representatives with a Democratic Party majority dropping almost all if not all political agendas to focus solely on lynching the current President is treasonous? Bearing in mind this is personal to them, not professional.

I can easily see the conduct of House and Senate Dems over the past 3 years as treasonous I'm not one to toss the word around lightly. What I have seen though is the Federal government accomplish little to nothing but chasing Trump's ass like it was the end of the rainbow. Our government didn't accomplish shit to begin with.

I consider purposefully stalling the People's business, regardless the cost to the Nation and its citizens, for partisan, political bullshit pretty damned close. It's like not feeding the starving children because you don't like who made the bread IMO.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    In the end - if it were me, giving advice to the teachers of the world - for those that may feel their hands are tied but still want to report any crimes, can simply route things differently in the future knowing the laws, rules & regulations for now. Any report I had mentioned earlier, which isn't something that is an option really in current times, that person can pass it off to someone else for any such reports and move on to teaching and the rest of their jobs. This way the teachers will remain clear & if someone has a conscience about such things, they can re-route it through a friend or similar, and certainly not put their jobs on the line.

If me, but obviously not me, I would make my list and quit and then ultimately do what I gotta do. No different than any other job in the world, if you don't like the terms, the pay, the commute... quit and find another job. This is NOT what all would or should do, just my viewpoint on it. And 99 out of 100 folks likely can't afford to do such with their employment. Just what I personally would do.

Similar to what I said back then with the bakery stuff.... go another route. Of course they made it clear that you cannot do this or that - but as I said, if you aren't open, not much one can do. Or out of a certain type of supplies? And not every time does someone bake something that comes out perfect, sometimes it just sucks.

I get what you are saying. I agree with the SCOTUS 1982 decision. Kids need to be educated, regardless of the choices adults make. If a kid is sick, they need to get treatment. If a kid is being abused, they need help. I wouldn't 'narc' on a kid, to get the parents.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'll spell your shit right one day @STTAB. So just to toss one out there (it ain't like we're going to use up all of Jimbob's bandwidth), In your opinion, would you say that the House of Representatives with a Democratic Party majority dropping almost all if not all political agendas to focus solely on lynching the current President is treasonous? Bearing in mind this is personal to them, not professional.

I can easily see the conduct of House and Senate Dems over the past 3 years as treasonous I'm not one to toss the word around lightly. What I have seen though is the Federal government accomplish little to nothing but chasing Trump's ass like it was the end of the rainbow. Our government didn't accomplish shit to begin with.

I consider purposefully stalling the People's business, regardless the cost to the Nation and its citizens, for partisan, political bullshit pretty damned close. It's like not feeding the starving children because you don't like who made the bread IMO.

Art.III Sec. III

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    Contrary to public sentiments here, I don't think 'Democrats' have been declared enemies of the United States? Levying war? Really? Not agreeing with the President and using any tricks to mess with him? I would say it's detrimental, as have been nearly all the partisan BS in Congress for most of our lifetimes. Treason? I'm not seeing it, never have.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Art.III Sec. III

Contrary to public sentiments here, I don't think 'Democrats' have been declared enemies of the United States? Levying war? Really? Not agreeing with the President and using any tricks to mess with him? I would say it's detrimental, as have been nearly all the partisan BS in Congress for most of our lifetimes. Treason? I'm not seeing it, never have.
    The Dems being a declared enemy of the US depends on who you listen to. I firmly believe the left has declared war against the US Constitution and/or any law they just don't like. Is there a formal declaration of war by either side? No. Is the left giving aid and comfort to a force intent on invading the US? Yes.

Has the left's personal problem with an individual based on who he is not what he has done and is doing aiding and abetting the enemy? That too depends on who you ask. As far as I am concerned if you have brought the health and well-being of a Nation and its citizens to a standstill due to petty, Unamerican and unconstitutional beliefs, you're the enemy.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Art.III Sec. III

H'mm.

I do see your point. In technical terms, it's hard not to see the justice of your case.

I'm wondering if there are shades of grey in all this, though.

Bear in mind that the thread title did say 'treasonous behavior'. Not quite treason as such, but behaviour of that general type, in which harm is intended.

For my money, the direction of the thread was originally thought of as an examination of a form of behaviour that could lead to outcomes that were meant to be harmful to the nation.

It also occurs to me that Dem behaviour has been so focused on direct attacks on your President, that isn't the intention to harm the standing of your Commander-in-Chief ? With what hoped-for outcome in mind ?

Are attacks on your President, not least what the Presidency symbolises, attacks meant to subvert, undermine, equivalent to actual attacks on your country ?

I'm seriously asking the question. This might be another area where I'm not qualified to judge. I suspect I'm right, though.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The Dems being a declared enemy of the US depends on who you listen to. I firmly believe the left has declared war against the US Constitution and/or any law they just don't like. Is there a formal declaration of war by either side? No. Is the left giving aid and comfort to a force intent on invading the US? Yes.

Has the left's personal problem with an individual based on who he is not what he has done and is doing aiding and abetting the enemy? That too depends on who you ask. As far as I am concerned if you have brought the health and well-being of a Nation and its citizens to a standstill due to petty, Unamerican and unconstitutional beliefs, you're the enemy.
    So the Democratic Party should be illegal? That would be the first step, no?

Seriously, the left feels the same about the right, so?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    H'mm.

I do see your point. In technical terms, it's hard not to see the justice of your case.

I'm wondering if there are shades of grey in all this, though.

Bear in mind that the thread title did say 'treasonous behavior'. Not quite treason as such, but behaviour of that general type, in which harm is intended.

For my money, the direction of the thread was originally thought of as an examination of a form of behaviour that could lead to outcomes that were meant to be harmful to the nation.

It also occurs to me that Dem behaviour has been so focused on direct attacks on your President, that isn't the intention to harm the standing of your Commander-in-Chief ? With what hoped-for outcome in mind ?

Are attacks on your President, not least what the Presidency symbolises, attacks meant to subvert, undermine, equivalent to actual attacks on your country ?

I'm seriously asking the question. This might be another area where I'm not qualified to judge. I suspect I'm right, though.

I'm seriously answering, pretty much the same as I just did to Gunny, both sides feel the same about their 'enemy.' It used to be called opposition or friendly opposition, those days are long gone. Signed sealed and delivered, though not begun, over the last two presidential terms.

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

It's definitely an interesting idea .....

Maybe one side's right, the other is wrong ?

I have to declare considerable bias ... in my (extreme ?) worldview, all forms of Left wing politics are a blight on humanity itself. I'd be delighted to see it swept away from every part of this world of ours.

... anyway, back to the plot .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Couple of answers

One, I honestly do not know what to do about the Democratic Party. My intellect and common sense tells me THEY should be policing their own trash. Not us and not the law.

Two, while I am well-aware the left thinks the right is just as wrong as the right thinks the left is, you can't sit on the fence and be all understanding about the other side when it's out to destroy you. When it's time to take a stand, you do so or die. I understand the left perfectly well, not just here and now but what it has done historically to every other past, failed civilization and I think they are wrong and doomed for a repeat.

I know you want to hang on to negotiating to the bitter end, but for me, talking time's over until or unless someone strikes the left with a lightning bolt of sense. Otherwise, just the lightning bolt will solve the problem.

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I'm seriously answering, pretty much the same as I just did to Gunny, both sides feel the same about their 'enemy.' It used to be called opposition or friendly opposition, those days are long gone. Signed sealed and delivered, though not begun, over the last two presidential terms.
    Maybe there was a time when it all qualified as friendly opposition. Granted, not any more. Consider why that is, especially in recent times.

Consider the sheer vitriol President Trump has taken from his political opposition. I'm not at all sure I've seen its like any time in my lifetime.

Consider the smear campaign run against Trump just before he was elected President. All this went way beyond mere political posturing ... his opposition wanted to FIX the election ... by fair means, OR foul.

Now ... were those the actions of an enemy ? That's to say, one so committed to wiping out an enemy that the very process of fair democratic adjudication of electoral candidates was sidelined, in the hope that the smears would be the deciding factor ?

Does such a subversive enemy act 'treasonously' by going so far as to corrupt fair democratic process ?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong .. but haven't there been public outbreaks of violence ... coming out of the very fact that Trump was democratically elected ?

Are the forces involved an enemy of America, and what helps define America, or not ?

Behaviour, leading up to, and in some instances involving, crimes ... directed how ? Towards whom ?

I think that the thread title has definite validity.
    Last edited by Drummond; 06-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Couple of answers

One, I honestly do not know what to do about the Democratic Party. My intellect and common sense tells me THEY should be policing their own trash. Not us and not the law.

Two, while I am well-aware the left thinks the right is just as wrong as the right thinks the left is, you can't sit on the fence and be all understanding about the other side when it's out to destroy you. When it's time to take a stand, you do so or die. I understand the left perfectly well, not just here and now but what it has done historically to every other past, failed civilization and I think they are wrong and doomed for a repeat.

I know you want to hang on to negotiating to the bitter end, but for me, talking time's over until or unless someone strikes the left with a lightning bolt of sense. Otherwise, just the lightning bolt will solve the problem.
    I'm for a return to civility, not appeasement. There's much to be said for compromise, something that's become a derogatory term in the past few decades. I'm not keen on civil war, though quite a few here are.

I'm not saying that I think both sides are contributing substance equally, I don't. However I do know that neither side is listening at all to anything but their own echo. That's not a good reason for war, IMO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Maybe there was a time when it all qualified as friendly opposition. Granted, not any more. Consider why that is, especially in recent times.

Consider the sheer vitriol President Trump has taken from his political opposition. I'm not at all sure I've seen its like any time in my lifetime.

Consider the smear campaign run against Trump just before he was elected President. All this went way beyond mere political posturing ... his opposition wanted to FIX the election ... by fair means, OR foul.

Now ... were those the actions of an enemy ? That's to say, one so committed to wiping out an enemy that the very process of fair democratic adjudication of electoral candidates was sidelined, in the hope that the smears would be the deciding factor ?

Does such a subversive enemy act 'treasonously' by going so far as to corrupt fair democratic process ?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong .. but haven't there been public outbreaks of violence ... coming out of the very fact that Trump was democratically elected ?

Are the forces involved an enemy of America, and what helps define America, or not ?

Behaviour, leading up to, and in some instances involving, crimes ... directed how ? Towards whom ?

I think that the thread title has definite validity.
    That is your right. Personally I see little difference between the majority of venom thrown at Trump, than what was delivered to Obama-MEDIA excluded. Control the media, especially the humongously growing impact of social media and there is a problem. Interestingly enough though, the right tends to control many of the most influential, moneyed blogs. While the platforms of Twitter, FB, YT, IG are not to be ignored, truth is that the right has some influence on all those, the biggest problem is the right will be kicked off for what is allowed to the left. Easy to fix, don't be like them. I've never been banned from any of them.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Oh please, there are at least 4 "conservatives" on this board who do the exact same thing, call names and then whine when they are called names in return.
    Well if you're referring to me as one of them, I'll go toe to toe with you any day of the week, but do it in the cage.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-10-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

I'm for a return to civility, not appeasement. There's much to be said for compromise, something that's become a derogatory term in the past few decades. I'm not keen on civil war, though quite a few here are.

I'm not saying that I think both sides are contributing substance equally, I don't. However I do know that neither side is listening at all to anything but their own echo. That's not a good reason for war, IMO.
    I have no problem with civility. Compromise has become a dirty word because compromising with the left just means giving it what it wants or they act exactly as they are acting. It has been that way in this country from the beginning. It's how the progressive left, regardless title/party name, destroys everything it touches. When you're done compromising with the left you have nothing left (you can decide on the pun or no )

I am 100% against a war IF one can be avoided WITHOUT giving away everything one believes in. The words in the constitution mean things. One side -- at least what I support -- understands them. The left views them as obstacles to their carnal pleasures. There is a point where you have to call BS and draw a line in the sand or forget whatever little freedom you have left because the left wants that too.

The right listens to its own echo because its collective head is empty as well as its scrotum. The right has had every opportunity in booth 2000 and 2016 to flatten the left and squandered away both opportunities trying to compromise with people that won't compromise. THAT is "the war" we're in and we're losing for the aforementioned reason. Republican't's get into power and immediately start squabbling with each other instead of undoing the damage from the left.

So I don't know what war it is you speak of. When anyone on the right finally gets a clue and decides they have lost or are losing everything they believe in, like this Nation and it's Constitution, the left will have already legislated them into insignificance and will use the government as a weapon against them. They will be vilified and outlawed and the full force of the US Government (ie US military) brought against them and they will lose.

I don't want a war. I also don't like watching my grandchildren grow up in this prison of a society we live in because of the left. The freedoms we had as kids is gone. I'd like for my kids and grandkids to at least get a hint of it,
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, jimnyc, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, jimnyc liked this post