Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
Yeah this one says "Phillips Norelco" on it. I'm sure I bought it new when my Dad passed away so it's 7 years old now. Been charging since I posted last, just pulled the charging cord and tried it and it runs good. It took a charge. I'll let it charge overnight just for the heck of it.

I hate to shave. I hate to get my hair cut. Consequently I usually have longer than what's normally worn men's hair, and I have a mustache, long chin beard and scruffy face... hell I don't care. I grew my hair for 8 years one time. It was very close to touching my belt. I mix in well when I'm among biker friends though...
In the olden days, Philips shavers used to be 'Philishave'. The older Philips Norelco ones from the US just went by the name 'Norelco'. They were always divisions of Philips, though. These days the brand name in America acknowledges the parent company's ownership of the brand (though as I said before, 'Norelco' was never used in the UK ... get a Norelco shaver here, and we'd know it originated in America).

Glad to learn that yours charges OK ... though I'm betting that if you left it alone for 2 weeks plus, the charge would start disappearing. Modern shaver batteries keep their charge far better than the older technology of battery did.

We're not alike when it comes to shaving .. I've always thought of it as a pleasure to do. Oh, well, to each their own !