Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Difficult to say !

My belief is that there's a 'silent majority' who share a lot of the beliefs / worldview that I do. Trouble is, though, that societal pressures are considerable here. We've got a media (especially the BBC, Channel 4, and much of LBC's output .. you wouldn't believe the propaganda James O'Brien fanatically puts out, from that station) that's Left leaning, that is incessantly propagandist, BUT ... with the additional factor in play that Left-wing politics here has been entrenched in our system for a number of generations.

So those possessing 'sanity', (a) have to watch what exactly we say, and (b) such is the propagandist onslaught that goalposts are bound to change with time.

An example of how this dripfeeds into our minds might be discerned from how we watch old programmes on TV. 'Steptoe & Son' .. 'Rising Damp' .. 'Til Death Us Do Part' ['All In The Family' was an American remake] .. and of course, Benny Hill (!) ... all these old shows have content in them which was thought of as harmless in their day. By today's standards, we'd say they had 'sexist' or 'racist' content in them. I've watched some reruns and winced at what I've listened to ... AND ... WHY ? Because, over time and over decades, I've had my perceptions of what is or is not 'acceptable', terraformed for me, as it were, by Leftie propaganda that's told me I must perceive things differently !!

It's thoroughly insidious. Most people don't get how their very opinions have been altered tinkered with, over time. More people don't even much care. Still more are aware of it, but think they've been improved by it all !!!

Fact: in a Left-dominated society, you only THINK your thoughts and opinions are your own. Chances are, though, that this is being increasingly eroded to the point where it ceases to be true.

This is why I can't give you a precise answer. Sanity is relative to what you're able to perceive .. and this, to however small and 'insignificant' a degree, is undergoing continual change.

But a lot of people do think like me. I'm sure of it.

A few. The extent to which that's true depends on the individual, though. I hope we're not a dying breed !!
    Well as you can see HERE, brother Dummond, there IS still sanity in the world alive and well in America, although we have a rash of new upstart, anti American trash here that wants to do PRECISELY to America what has happened to Europe. Problem number one for them, WE'RE STILL ARMED TO THE TEETH. Problem number two, we still have FREEDOM OF SPEECH, such as it is. But the democrats here in America are working FEVERISHLY to TAKE BOTH AWAY. They want the 2nd Amendment GONE, and they want ANYONE who DARES disagree with them SHUT THE FUCK UP. The only freedom of speech they care about is IF YOU AGREE WITH THEM, otherwise, you need to be SILENCED. It's RACIST, you're a XENOPHOBE, a HOMOPHOBE, a BIGOT, it's HATE SPEECH... they'll spew out whatever PATHETIC GARBAGE they think will work to SHUT ANYONE up that disagrees with them. They are truly, DISGUSTING, people, and not joking at all, MUCH like Hitler's Nazi Brown Shirts.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-22-2019 at 05:45 PM.