Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
Where are the private companies doing what you say with weather? It's not the news weather forecasters you originally said.

I'm for small government, doing what private can't or is not incentivized to doing. Weather forecasting is one of those. It seems odd for a farmer not to care. Those living on the coasts, those whose living depends upon the seas, etc. care quite a bit.

I will say it again, it is not the federal government's job to do what private companies won't do. That's liberal talk. For example, private companies will not provide poor people health insurance with no cost to them, so the liberals believe the federal government should.

Private companies do what they have an incentive to do,and if the Weather Service were shut down, Fox News and or CNN or whomever would have a pretty big incentive to start forecasting the weather. Hell private companies have actually been collecting data on THEIR satelies and selling it to NOAA for about 3 years now.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...her-satellites

I imagine you didn't know that.

But anyway, it's not that big a step from launching your own satellites and collecting the data to sell to the government and just hiring your own weather forecasters to analyze the data in house.