Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    100 was always my choice.
    i was a 64 guy....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Nice work. Was this shot on film, or on the dSLR?
    Thanks.
    I believe I used a D-70 that day. The sky and the course looked so bad that I knew it was going to need extensive photoshop work so I didn't want to waste the film. That shot ended up in a book of the most spectacular golf holes in Texas (any course that would pay the publisher enough to get in it) and I was really surprised that it came out as well as it did. I'll post some of the other shots that ended up in the same book, most were shot with a D-70.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    i was a 64 guy....
    Kodachrome 64 was a great film but a pain to get processed. Once I started using Fuji, I never shot Kodak again. Provia 100 is beautiful but Velvia 50 is like you are in the photograph, the color density is amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Kodachrome 64 was a great film but a pain to get processed. Once I started using Fuji, I never shot Kodak again. Provia 100 is beautiful but Velvia 50 is like you are in the photograph, the color density is amazing.
    That sounds like a professional grade film. As an ametuer I've only used what I could buy at CVS. The regular Fuji 100 ended up with colors that looked fake, IMO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    That sounds like a professional grade film. As an ametuer I've only used what I could buy at CVS. The regular Fuji 100 ended up with colors that looked fake, IMO.
    You're right, it is the film you find in refrigerators at camera stores or labs. Those are also transparency film for slides.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 07-27-2007 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Your right, it is the film you find in refrigerators at camera stores or labs. Those are also transparency film for slides.
    This just tickled the ol' memory. Kodak 64 was for slides, too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uhh.. to me - it's an interesting picture... but not "Good photography" - any decent Digital Camera can take picks like that and make things look good..

If you want to see true photography.. well just look at our own Jon....
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=5331

Sweet Mother of Pearl.. now THAT - That is Photography!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Uhh.. to me - it's an interesting picture... but not "Good photography" - any decent Digital Camera can take picks like that and make things look good..

If you want to see true photography.. well just look at our own Jon....
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=5331

Sweet Mother of Pearl.. now THAT - That is Photography!!
    Great observation Cp,
    Uhh.. Unfortunately you didn't observe the category. This shot is not in the "great photography" forum, it's in the animal section...........doh!!!! I was merely commenting on the architectural abilities of these wasps. I do get what you were trying to do and I think it's really cute, not very effective, but good try. I have no doubt that with a "do everything for you" camera and if you did actually have the balls to get that close to a buzzing bunch of wasps, you too could get that shot...... probably not the same composition but good enough for you....... the state of photography today in a nutshell. Thanks for demonstrating that perfectly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great observation Cp,
    Uhh.. Unfortunately you didn't observe the category. This shot is not in the "great photography" forum, it's in the animal section...........doh!!!! I was merely commenting on the architectural abilities of these wasps. I do get what you were trying to do and I think it's really cute, not very effective, but good try. I have no doubt that with a "do everything for you" camera and if you did actually have the balls to get that close to a buzzing bunch of wasps, you too could get that shot...... probably not the same composition but good enough for you....... the state of photography today in a nutshell. Thanks for demonstrating that perfectly.
    Eh? What are you talking about? "I do get what you were trying to do"??

Your post made no sense at all...

And you do try and position yourself as some sort of "pro photographer" (other threads, and even these golf course pics) - I have yet to see anything you've done that would convince me you're anything but an amatuer with a decent camera..

I know you'll take that personally - but who cares?

I sorta feel like Simon Cowell telling some kid for the first time in their life that there are perhaps other things in life they're good at, but singing isn't one of them...

Nothing personal, but I wouldn't leave yer day job...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Eh? What are you talking about? "I do get what you were trying to do"??

Your post made no sense at all...

And you do try and position yourself as some sort of "pro photographer" (other threads, and even these golf course pics) - I have yet to see anything you've done that would convince me you're anything but an amatuer with a decent camera..

I know you'll take that personally - but who cares?

I sorta feel like Simon Cowell telling some kid for the first time in their life that there are perhaps other things in life they're good at, but singing isn't one of them...

Nothing personal, but I wouldn't leave yer day job...
    Thanks for your critique, I'll be sure and place it where it obviously belongs.....file 13.

I won't bother to explain myself or what I do in the golf industry.....I doubt that you would understand. I will say that my work has been published and I make money doing it, by definition that takes me out of the amateur category. What is your background in photography..... looking at picture books? Why don't you dig up some golf course shots you feel are professional(that is the type of photography I make money with).... I'm sure it would be interesting to see what you feel meets your high standards.

By the way, Simon Cowell has been involved with running numerous recording studios including work with EMI and Sony as a talent scout and developer along with the development of numerous television shows involving musical talent and making himself millions...... what exactly are your credentials in the photography world?

Another "by the way"....amateur is spelled this way. I kind of expect this type of post from someone that would vote for Chuck Norris for anything but worst actor.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 07-26-2007 at 12:47 AM.