Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Today the US Senate finally agreed with the Hong Kong House and passed the Human Rights & Democracy Act. Now only needs to be signed by the President.
    I don't have a problem with that, nor am I indifferent to the protesters in Hong Kong. Detached maybe, but indifferent, no.

HOWEVER () ... IMO, IF We, the People of the United States, wish to be outraged at the behavior of governments, we need look no further than DC. I'm a big believer in you clean your own house before telling me how to clean mine and it goes both ways. The US Government is an embarrassment to itself, and We, the People.

Not to mention the half-assery with our military around the Globe. Do something and win or bring it home.

Whether or not any of us like it, Hong Kong is a province of China, and this issue is an internal Chinese issue.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 11-19-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: edited to correct name of bill.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke