Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    I am for the first time in my USMB/DP history going to bow out of further discussion on illegals, i'm fighting with people whom I like and it just makes me uneasy.

They stay or they go, my life doesn't change 1 iota.
    Don't fight, join us

Seriously, no need to back out. Let's keep the discussion intense and interesting, but cool at the same time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    If that attitude prevails among our kind, then we will se a defeat worse than 06. Hellow Democrat Executive and Congress. Goodbye SCOTUS.
    Another topic, but had to say:

SCOTUS should not be political.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Another topic, but had to say:

SCOTUS should not be political.
    I don't see why not. The founders developed the current sytem of having the Prez make the appointments and it seems to have worke, albeit not perfectly. Its only been lately that the Democrats have fought every appointment. When Hillary is Prez and names 2 or 3 lesbians it will be interesting to see of the GOP has the balls that the Dems have shown.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I don't see why not. The founders developed the current sytem of having the Prez make the appointments and it seems to have worke, albeit not perfectly. Its only been lately that the Democrats have fought every appointment. When Hillary is Prez and names 2 or 3 lesbians it will be interesting to see of the GOP has the balls that the Dems have shown.
    I think you made my point that it SCOTUS should not be political. If so, it weakens their branch of government and makes SCOTUS a mob ruling court if we follow it all the way through.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    I think you made my point that it SCOTUS should not be political. If so, it weakens their branch of government and makes SCOTUS a mob ruling court if we follow it all the way through.
    OOps- I didn't mean to.

Seriously though I agree in principle that it should not be political. All SC judges should be strict constructionists and interpret the Constitution the way it was written. But in reality here comes the Democrats and progressives who care little about the Constitution and wish the US to be part of the EU. So politics is involved and there is no way around that.

Here in NC we have made popular elections for judges "non-partisan". In reality it is a ruse by the Democrats to prevent that dreaded D in front of theri name on the ballot- a clear indicator of being soft on crime. So in order to find out who the GOP judges are I have to log onto a special website.

Many of the little towns around here also do the same thing for local elections. So there is very little information available for these blokes, except for some yard signs and what you glean from te local liberal rag. And there is no website to go and at least find out their affiliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

glockmail;94488]OOps- I didn't mean to.

Seriously though I agree in principle
    Sorry, had to pause here, this always puzzles me. Then what exactly comes after this? Oh, ""reality""

that it should not be political. All SC judges should be strict constructionists and interpret the Constitution the way it was written. But in reality here comes the Democrats and progressives who care little about the Constitution and wish the US to be part of the EU. So politics is involved and there is no way around that.
    Tis true. However, in the founder's minds, that is why the president is allowed to nominate and the senate is allowed to confirm. In their minds, IMHO, this was the best way to avoid politics. And maybe if their vision "really" worked, we would see "reality."

Here in NC we have made popular elections for judges "non-partisan". In reality it is a ruse by the Democrats to prevent that dreaded D in front of theri name on the ballot- a clear indicator of being soft on crime. So in order to find out who the GOP judges are I have to log onto a special website.

Actually, state courts are different from federal courts. The powers/jurisdiction are different.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am for the first time in my USMB/DP history going to bow out of further discussion on illegals, i'm fighting with people whom I like and it just makes me uneasy.

They stay or they go, my life doesn't change 1 iota.
    This arguing is what makes your bond grow stronger. Some of my best friends disagree with me politically yet we get along great. We do argue politics, yet we do so civilly. No name calling allowed. It forces you/me/us to stick to the facts and leave emotion out of it.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gettysburg is 20 minutes from my new house, 25 to the battlefield.
    Holy shit... REALLY???!!! That is fucking AWESOME!!!!

My last wife was from Hanover. The next town down the road from Gettysburg. I'm a huge history buff about early America, the Civil War, Louis and Clark, Wyatt Earp, Hickock, that stuff. I was REALLLLY pissed off when I discovered my wife had taken the Gettysburg pics when I threw her out of the house. There was one of me standing in front of the Wisconsin volunteers monument, and my great, great, great uncle was in that. I "HAVE" to get new pictures of that stuff someday. I'll see ya...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-27-2007 at 03:30 AM.