Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
I'd say that you sound like a decent human being ! Good on you.
This is America my friend-- thus-- the more decent you are the more attacked and falsely vilified you will most assuredly be!
HPD gets to see that here with his faithful arch nemesis, IMHO.
Thus this forum replicates quite well, real life and also serves as a conduit for certain
devious persons to come wrap themselves in false cloaks in order to sling insults and lying tales, IMHO.
As I mention no names here -- only a guilty dog will bark about this post..
Thing is in my opinion, such hiding people can do so with impunity of hiding cover on the internet, whereas in real life they'd very likely not get away with it face to face.
Same on just about all internet forums-- where cowards just love to prowl, IMHO.
Thus, it is the usual bickering, arguing banter that very oft disrupts threads.
I do not know about Brit forums but here in America this is par for the course and is very, very prevalent in television, media, movies
and almost all political discourse.
Once in this country such behavior was done face to face and the results were quite different-- modern age-electronic communication does not allow for immediate and direct correction of such travesties, IMHO.

Our first Amendment gives us the right to free speech, but mainly aims at government restriction and not restrictions set by private citizens unless they qualify to be challenged in other ways as interfering with the inherent rights of the injured party.
In short, many of our citizens use the cover the dem party gives them to abuse the common principles of decency, honorable interchange of ideas, and very oft any Judeo/Christian morality they wish to destroy..--Tyr