Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So out in Cali and the LA area, there is already an abundance of illegals, and sanctuary crap, and already enough crime. Illegals getting licenses... and what other services do they get, and get waited on hand and foot?

And they every now and again will arrest an illegal, but we can't be having much of that, and they eventually get released. And maybe after 3 or 5 felonies, they may keep them in prison for a spell. But now? Don't want these illegal bastards all getting sick, so why not, just go ahead and release them.

--

LA County Releasing Inmates From Jail in Response to Coronavirus Panic

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is now releasing inmates in response to the Coronavirus panic.

California suspended visitation in all state prisons last week, including overnight family visits.

Now inmates are being released after civil right’s advocates called for the number of people held in prisons to be reduced over concerns a Coronavirus outbreak could cause chaos.

In addition to releasing inmates, police have also been ordered to cite and release people when possible rather than arresting them.

LA Time reported:

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is releasing inmates from its jails and cutting down on how many people it books into custody to protect those housed in close quarters from the growing coronavirus pandemic.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva said deputies and police officers across the county have been directed to cite and release people whenever possible, instead of arresting them, and to seek medical clearance before booking anyone who shows symptoms. Countywide, he said, arrests have dropped from a daily average of 300 to 60, while the jail population was reduced by more than 600 inmates.

“Our population within our jail is a vulnerable population just by virtue of who they are and where they’re located,” Villanueva said Monday at a news conference in downtown L.A. “So we’re protecting that population from potential exposure.”
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...navirus-panic/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think I'm going to have to take some time off of reading, watching this Corona stuff. If it would stay with the disease and possible ways of dealing with it, I could handle that. What I can't take are the ijits that are panic buying and saying how 'government control is a type of conspiracy...' I'm shocked they aren't making hay out of the Kentucky guy that said that he didn't have to abide any government quarantine, even though he'd tested positive twice and one family member was sick. The ahole decided he WOULD go wherever he damned well pleased. He's now at home, with sheriff's making sure he stays there. Damn selfish ass. He's not the only one either.

Meanwhile, the report from UK that got the Prime Minister's attention and our President's too:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...udy-isnt-good/

It's bad.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The Chinese foreign ministry spokesman recently claimed the US military brought the Coronavirus to Wuhan.

Chinese officials are spinning the narrative about the Coronavirus to blame the US and the fraudstream media is more concerned about Trump using the phrase “Chines virus.”
    Nay, nay, and thrice, NAY (I'm feeling a little 'horse' today .. might be coming down with something ? )...

This comes 'direct' from Russia (via the British Press), So It Must Be True .....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C6jJBEA8TnaBOw

Russian state media has blamed Britain for the global coronavirus pandemic.

Kremlin-backed media has broadcast propaganda which states Covid-19, the new form of coronavirus, was created as a tool for the benefit of the UK.

As Britain continues to fight the pandemic rapidly gripping the world, outrageous slurs in Russian media include that:

The British 'smeared something in Wuhan' in the same way that they 'smear[ed] nerve agent on Skripal's door handle';

The pandemic was intentionally timed with Britain's exit from the EU to enhance its global status;

Porton Down, the Salisbury laboratory at the centre of the Skripal Novichok scandal, 'patented a vaccine' for Covid-19;

'There is a special operation ongoing' related to the virus whose 'players are the British-American Alliance';

Covid-19 was accidentally created as a bioweapon in 2015 at the Pirbright Institute in Woking;

Coronavirus is an attempt to gain access to Chinese markets, because 'Churchill…said England doesn't have friends or enemies… only business interests'.

Last night Oliver Dowden, the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, commented on the Mail's findings and said: 'We take disinformation extremely seriously and have brought together cross-government capabilities to give the most comprehensive picture possible.

'People must have access to the correct information and we are working with tech firms to […] make sure the most reliable sources are promoted online.'

Britain was first targeted with Russian coronavirus propaganda at the end of January, two days before the first official case was confirmed in this country.

The five pieces of disinformation analysed by the Mail were collated by EUvsDisinfo, a project of the European External Action Service (EEAS), which is funded by the European Union.
    [Glad to know that the EU is good for something !!]

... ahhh .... how Russia must HATE the UK's Porton Down's expertise, in having been able to so precisely identify the toxin they used in Salisbury !!

So, now 'we all know'. This is a BRITISH virus (& America 'is involved'), by Jingo .... and, our having our own outbreak, is but a mere smokescreen ....
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-17-2020 at 01:29 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Coronavirus is a known quantity. "Covid-19" is just another iteration for a 'corona virus' type, and I think like the 19th style or something like that. But folks have seen 'coronavirus' stuff on bottles and gels instantly think conspiracy.

--

Actress Says Jewish Conspiracy Behind Coronavirus

Actress Rosanna Arquette said Tuesday implied that a Jewish conspiracy is behind the coronavirus spreading across the world.

“I’m still confused,” she wrote in a post on Twitter, now deleted, “so Israel has been working on a corona virus vaccine for a year already? (so they knew ) Vaccines take a long time to know if they are safe and KUSHNER OSCAR is the major investor in the new vaccine that is supposedly coming here. lives at risk for profit.”

It was unclear what “KUSHNER OSCAR” means, but RedState took a stab at it.

To help Arquette understand, there’s a reason this coronavirus is called COVID-19 — there are plenty more coronaviruses out there, the name for a larger class of viruses.

“Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that can be mild, such as some cases of the common cold (among other possible causes, predominantly rhinoviruses), and others that can be lethal, such as SARS, MERS, and COVID-19. Symptoms in other species vary: in chickens, they cause an upper respiratory tract disease, while in cows and pigs they cause diarrhea. There are yet to be vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human coronavirus infections,” Wikipedia says.

The name, by the way, “is derived from the Latin corona, meaning ‘crown’ or ‘halo,’ which refers to the characteristic appearance reminiscent of a crown or a solar corona around the virions (virus particles) when viewed under two-dimensional transmission electron microscopy, due to the surface covering in club-shaped protein spikes.”

And for the record, COVID-19 originated in Wuhan, China, with the first case being diagnosed on Dec. 1, 2019 (at least according to Chinese officials).

Twitterers blasted Arquette.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...d-coronavirus/
    Ijits I've been referring to. 'Corona viruses' are a class of virus that means from animal to human transmission. Covid 19 is a new virus.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Nay, nay, and thrice, NAY (I'm feeling a little 'horse' today .. might be coming down with something ? )...

This comes 'direct' from Russia (via the British Press), So It Must Be True .....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C6jJBEA8TnaBOw

[Glad to know that the EU is good for something !!]

... ahhh .... how Russia must HATE the UK's Porton Down's expertise, in having been able to so precisely identify the toxin they used in Salisbury !!

So, now 'we all know'. This is a BRITISH virus, by Jingo .... and, our having our own outbreak, is but a mere smokescreen ....
    I'm thinking Russia is now taking credit for this. LOL! I mean it's been proven their agents were doing the smearing of doorknobs...

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Sweet! Where's mine? Am I getting the Wang $1,000 special?

So it's starting to sound like they are maybe going to go through with this. I don't know how I feel about it. And you all?

--

‘Americans Need Cash Now’ — Donald Trump Wants to Send Checks to Households Immediately

President Donald Trump said at the White House Tuesday he wanted the federal government to send direct payments to Americans suffering economically from the coronavirus as part of a larger rescue package.

“We’re going big,” Trump said, adding, “We want to go big, go solid.”
    The proposal was detailed by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Tuesday during a press briefing at the White House.

“We’re looking at sending checks to Americans immediately,” Mnuchin said, adding, “Americans need cash now and the president wants to get cash now.”

Mnuchin said that Americans could expect an individual stimulus within two weeks as he continued to negotiate with Congress.

He added that wealthy Americans would not get direct payments as they did not need it.

“I think it’s clear, we don’t need to send people who make millions of dollars a year checks, OK?” Mnuchin said to reporters. Trump agreed. “Obviously some people shouldn’t be getting checks for $1,000.

Mnuchin said that some of the reported funding numbers of $850 billion for a rescue were probably more expensive than the final bill would be, but that details would be released later in the day.

“This is stuff that needs to be done now, the president has instructed to me that this is no fault to American workers,” he said.

Trump said there were four different ways to get funding directly to Americans, and said that although he supported a payroll tax cut, he was looking at a better way to get funding to Americans faster.

“We want to do something much faster than that,” Trump said.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-immediately/
    Sure... send me a check... as a matter of fact, they can DOUBLE IT to us service connected disable vets and I won't bitch...

12. Likes jimnyc, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm thinking Russia is now taking credit for this. LOL! I mean it's been proven their agents were doing the smearing of doorknobs...
    Russia's been waiting for a chance at payback, since we did so good a job in getting to the bottom of the poison assassination attempt of theirs. They no doubt hoped that they could kill the Skripals and never be held accountable. 'Sad' to say, we were too good for them. So, we're now 'so good', that we've supposedly engineered a global pandemic !!

Just had an update: Wales has had its second death ... a 96 year-old, apparently.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

14. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Again, where's my check?

IMO, we aren't at this level yet. BUT, I know jack shit about things on the back end and what is being affected. So if that's what it takes, send it away! Adults only they said... I disagree with Trump on this one, I think.

--

Mnuchin: Trump Wants to Cut Checks for Americans in Virus response

President Donald Trump wants the government to send checks to Americans in the next two weeks in an effort to curb the economic cost of the coronavirus outbreak, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Tuesday.

“The president has instructed me we have to do this now,” he said at the White House briefing. He didn't give details except to say the amount should be significant and millionaires would not get it.

"We want to make sure Americans get money in their pockets quickly," Mnuchin said. The stock market rose during the briefing after a savage drop Monday.

The White House on Tuesday was asking Congress to approve a massive emergency rescue package to help businesses as well as taxpayers cope with the economic crisis that is paired with the pandemic.

Mnuchin planned to outline that roughly $850 billion package to Senate Republicans at a private lunch, with officials aiming to have Congress approve it this week. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, opening the Senate on Tuesday morning, promised swift action.

“The Senate will not adjourn until we have passed significant and bold new steps above and beyond what the House has passed to help our strong nation and our strong underlying economy weather this storm," McConnell said.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tru.../17/id/958689/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

After reading the title and then the opening, I thought pigs were flying outside my window, and one was named Elvis and the other was a hot little piggy with some nice boobs! So I should have known...

And then I read on, and read some more, and see that it's no more than his usual crap insults and he's trying to wrap it in niceties, but didn't work IMO. Everything nice stated was followed with negativity.

--

Scarborough Praises Trump: 'Who Is That Man' at the Press Conference?

Joe Scarborough praising President Trump? Was it one of those lip-synch spoofs? But no, in a sign of just how profoundly the coronavirus has altered virtually everything, Scarborough today did indeed offer clear, if cautious, praise for President Trump's performance at yesterday's press conference. Scarborough said that the president was somber and serious and "did what a president is supposed to do."

At end of the segment, Scarborough acknowledged the obvious: that over the last three-and-a-half years, the show has been critical of virtually everything President Trump has done. But Joe went on to recognize that "we only have one president at a time," and expressed the hope that yesterday marked a "new beginning."

Note: Scarborough had adopted a more measured tone about President Trump in his tweet of yesterday, and it obviously carried over onto today's show. We'll monitor how long Joe's change of heart lasts!

Here's the transcript.

MSNBC
    Morning Joe
    3/17/20
    6:02 am EDT

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Donald Trump held a press conference with his team around 3:00, 3:30, and --

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Boy, did everything change.

SCARBOROUGH: It was a remarkable change. As far as the focus of the federal government, the focus of the coronavirus task force, and most specifically, the focus of Donald Trump.

. . .

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I’ve spoken actually with my son. He says, how bad is this? It’s bad. It’s bad.

. . .

SCARBOROUGH: While this press conference was going on, I got phone calls from several people, saying who is that man at the press conference? The president was sober. He actually did what a president is supposed to do. He delivered the bad news . . . This was a president even talking about, saying to his son, when asked how it was, he said, it's bad, it’s bad. But hopefully, we can avoid the worst-case scenarios and bring this in for a landing and have the best-case scenarios. The president is doing what, at least I have said, and I think a lot of other people have said he should be doing from the very beginning, and that is, tell the truth. Give Americans the worst-case scenario. They can handle it. And start from there.

. . .

If you’ve watched the for more than ten minutes over the last three-and-a-half years, you understand we’re critical about just everything the president does. But Mika, as Jon Meacham said, I'm going to pull out Jon’s World War II analogy, and us being a position a Brit was. We are all joined together as a country, fighting an epidemic that could end up — let me say this again. Based on the study that got to the White House yesterday — kill more people, kill more Americans, than died in World War I, World War II, the Civil War, and Vietnam.

We all have to work together. I am hopeful that the White House and that the president continues this somber approach. Because, you know, at the beginning of this administration, when we had a lot of leaders, like, well, your father, Robert Gates, others, all said, we only have one president at a time. We have to do everything we can do to make sure this president succeeds. Well, obviously, this president has made that very difficult over the past three years. I’m hopeful that yesterday was a new beginning, especially as it pertains to this battle that we’re all facing.
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...as-man-presser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh please. In the past 3.5 years I have heard Graham and many others claiming major investigations to follow, demands and other things that seem like the appropriate thing to do. Then nothing ever happens. So if they can't do so internally, WTF leads me to believe they would start and/or be successful about a foreign agency or character?

--

Conservative Leaders Call for Investigation into China’s Handling of Coronavirus

RESTON, VA -- On Tuesday afternoon, the Media Research Center released an open letter to President Donald Trump on behalf of 39 leaders in the conservative movement demanding "a more formal investigation to uncover the truth" behind the actions of the Chinese government following the rise of the coronavirus from Wuhan.

The letter blasted the behavior of the communist China government for having engaged in "outright and extreme politicization of this horrible disease is outrageous, unacceptable, and dangerous."

Later, the letter added: "None of this is being reported as it ought to be in American media. Instead, the media are creating panic and blaming your administration. All of this could have been prevented if the Chinese government had merely exercised its responsibility in containing this disease and sharing more information sooner."

The open letter is provided below in full:

[*]
    March 17, 2020

President Donald Trump
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President,

We represent virtually the entirety of the conservative movement but we believe we speak for hundreds of millions in the country and around the world when we ask you to officially investigate the deadly Coronavirus. The world needs to know the details behind the spread of this deadly virus so everyone understands exactly how this was started. The world deserves to know who was responsible so future pandemics of this nature can be prevented.

As we are sure you are aware, the Chinese government has done everything in its power to blame the United States for the spread of the Wuhan Coronavirus. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian placed the responsibility on the United States: “When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals? It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!”

A few days later, Lin Songtian, China's ambassador to South Africa, said: "Although the epidemic first broke out in China, it did not necessarily mean that the virus is originated from China, let alone 'made in China.'"

These statements are astonishing - but predictable... It's impossible for us to know the true origin of this virus in China because China has refused to share information. As Senator Tom Cotton has correctly pointed out, there are several possible scenarios about the origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus. We do know that Chinese secrecy and lies have made the crisis far worse.

China’s outright and extreme politicization of this horrible disease is outrageous, unacceptable, and dangerous. That politicization has already spread panic across the world. The Chinese-led hysteria has roiled markets, and disrupted everyday life for millions of Americans and citizens of other countries around the world.

As your National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien rightly pointed out, “Unfortunately, rather than using best practices, this outbreak in Wuhan was covered up,’ ‘There’s lots of open-source reporting from China, from Chinese nationals, that the doctors involved were either silenced or put in isolation, or that sort of thing, so that the word of this virus could not get out. It probably cost the world community two months.’”

And consider the well-known case of Dr. Li Wenliang, the young Chinese doctor who bravely shared his concerns on December 31, 2019, with a group of colleagues about an unidentified virus with SARS-like symptoms that his patients were exhibiting. As a result of his due diligence, Chinese authorities accused him of spreading “false information” and that he had “gravely disturbed [the] social order.”

None of this is being reported as it ought to be in American media. Instead, the media are creating panic and blaming your administration. All of this could have been prevented if the Chinese government had merely exercised its responsibility in containing this disease and sharing more information sooner.

We therefore respectfully request you consider launching a more formal investigation to uncover the truth. The first step in making sure this never happens again is finding out what happened in the first place.

Respectfully,

L. Brent Bozell

Founder and President

Media Research Center

Co-signers:

Kassy Dillon

Founder and President

Lone Conservative

Tricia Erickson

President

Angel Pictures & Publicity, Inc.

Paul Gessing

President

Rio Grande Foundation

Craig Shirley

Reagan Biographer and Presidential Historian

James L. Martin

Founder/Chairman

60 Plus Association

Saulius “Saul” Anuzis

President

60 Plus Association

Adam Brandon

President

FreedomWorks

Charlie Copeland

President

Intercollegiate Studies Institute

Rick Manning

President

Americans for Limited Government

Eunie Smith

President

Eagle Forum

Christie-Lee McNally

President

Raven Strategies

Rod D. Martin

Founder & CEO

The Martin Organization, Inc.

Christina Murphy Lusk

Campaign for the American Future

Guillermo J. Aragon

Chief Financial Officer

Martin Imaging, Inc.

Benjamin Nieuwsma

Founder and CEO

Navigo

Shawn A. Mitchell

Former National Chaplain

National Federation of Republican Assemblies (NFRA)

Gavin Wax

President

New York Young Republican Club

C. Preston Noell III

President

Tradition, Family, Property, Inc.

Terry Schilling

Executive Director

American Principles Project

Jon Schweppe

Director of Policy and Government Affairs

American Principles Project

Floyd Brown

Publisher

Western Journal

Kevin Freeman

Founder

NSIC Institute

Lady Brigitte Gabriel

Founder & Chairman

ACT For America

Gary Bauer

President

American Values

Mark J. Fitzgibbons

President of Corporate Affairs

American Target Advertising, Inc.

Richard A, Viguerie

Chairman

ConservativeHQ.com

Dr. Ted Baehr

Founder and Chairman

Christian Film & Television Commission

Elaine Donnelly

President

Center for Military Readiness

Justin Danhof

General Counsel

National Center for Public Policy Research

Mat Staver, Esq.

Founder and Chairman

Liberty Counsel

Ryan Williams

President

The Claremont Institute

Jonathan M. Alexandre, Esq.

Senior Counsel for Governmental Affairs

Liberty Counsel Action

David Kupelian

Vice President and Managing Editor

WND.com

Amy Kremer

Chairman

Women for America First

Ron Robinson

President

Young America’s Foundation

Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)

Member, 112th US Congress

Senior Fellow, Media Research Center

Jim DeMint

Chairman

Conservative Partnership Institute

Fmr. Senator (R-S.C.)

Erick Erickson

Editor

The Resurgent
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...ng-coronavirus

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah... what happened to the Barr/Durham criminal investigation?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-17-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Calling 911 because you hear your neighbor coughing? A tad overkill. Maybe one is a smoker. Maybe something stuck in their throat or allergies? Like the police need to be overwhelmed with nitwits like this calling in.

--

In California: Millions locked down; 911 gets calls about neighbors coughing

Nearly seven million residents in seven counties must shelter in place to help stop the spread of coronavirus. Elsewhere in the Golden State, people are calling 911 to report coughers. Plus, explore the Getty and dozens of other museums and natural wonders virtually. Or, watch a still-in-theater release, at home.

Rest - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ws/5060450002/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Like I said, all over the map. Less than the flu, positive news about the virus... and things like this coming out too.

--

Coronavirus doctor says lung scans for young patients were ‘nothing short of terrifying’

A Belgian doctor working to battle the coronavirus says he’s treated several seriously ill young patients — and their lung scans were “nothing short of terrifying,” according to reports.

Dr. Ignace Demeyer, who works at a hospital in Aalst, said an increasing number of people between the ages of 30 and 50 have presented with severe symptoms, despite having “blank medical records” that show no underlying conditions that would make them high-risk, the Brussels Times reported.

“They just walk in, but they are terribly affected by the virus,” Demeyer told the Belgian broadcaster VRT.

He said CT scans indicated they were suffering from severe lung damage.

“The images we took yesterday are nothing short of terrifying,” the doctor told the station.

“They are people who do not smoke, who have no other conditions such as diabetes or heart failure,” Demeyer added.

Belgium has reported at least 1,085 COVID-19 cases and at least five deaths since the virus emerged in China in December.

Worldwide, there have been more than 190,000 people infected as of Tuesday afternoon, according to a tally from Johns Hopkins University.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/corona...of-terrifying/

23. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Can't wait to see what all the banks look like if they do this. If they aren't failed by then. If their are any still open by then. I would imagine that many, like myself, would simply deposit any checks via the mobile deposit option.

But there have already been cries about the 'forgotten folks' that don't have access to bank accounts for whatever reason. So also a lot of checks with nowhere to go!

--

Giving Americans Money to Offset Coronavirus Impact Gains Trump Administration Support

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says ‘Americans need cash now;’ lawmakers in both parties urge government to send funds to households to cushion economic pain

WASHINGTON—An idea that had little traction just a few days ago—sending direct checks to Americans—is gaining fast momentum as the Trump administration came on board Tuesday.

“Americans need cash now, and the president wants to give cash now. And I mean now, in the next two weeks,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Tuesday at a briefing at the White House.

The administration, which had been more focused on a payroll tax cut, quickly publicly shifted to also embrace the idea of larger one-time checks that would go to people whether they are working or not amid the coronavirus pandemic. And that could provide momentum in Congress. The growing support for direct-deposited cash payments could turn into legislation in the next few days as lawmakers prepare a major bill to cushion individuals and businesses against the downturn.

The amount of money being considered is up for debate, as is whether the payments would be one-time or continue for months to help Americans.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R., Utah) on Monday backed giving each American adult $1,000 to help ensure families and workers can meet their short-term obligations and increase spending in the economy. Among Democrats, Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Michael Bennet of Colorado and Sherrod Brown of Ohio are proposing sending $2,000 to every adult and child below a set income, with future payments in July and then quarterly until unemployment levels drop.

Last week, Reps. Ro Khanna (D., Calif.) and Tim Ryan (D., Ohio) proposed sending a check between $1,000 and $6,000 to every American who earned less than $65,000 last year.

“To me, this is about cash,” Mr. Ryan said. “It’s about cash to workers and about cash to business people, as quickly as we possibly can so we don’t start missing mortgages and car payments.”

Should such a plan take off, it is unclear if it would be in the third pandemic-response package that Congress plans to take up next—or the second one, which passed the House early on Saturday, was changed in the House on Monday and still must go through the Senate. Sen. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) pushed Monday to include some direct help for Americans in that bill.

“The cash stipend may not be their full wage, but it will be enough and it will be in their hands immediately so they can feed their kids, so they can pay their bills,” he said in a Senate floor speech on Monday, proposing an instant tax refund or rebate. “That can be done right now.”

Rest - https://www.wsj.com/articles/giving-...ss-11584446801

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Investigation complete...

Wuhan, China, 2019:

Wuhan 2019.jpg

Okay... I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm also not one who believes too strongly in coincidences either.

Fact: 20 mile south of the market China claims was the source of this exciting new plague is a level 4 bio-lab.

From 24 January 2020:

Two years before the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus that has so far killed 25 people in China, scientists spoke of their fears about a new laboratory being built to study some of the world’s most dangerous viruses.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

26. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, NightTrain, Kathianne liked this post