Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
I wonder how many people have had a loved one that had to be placed in a nursing home? How would they feel if it were a time like now?

We were fortunate in being able to keep my mom home as long as we did, 3 years with 24/6 nursing. Very expensive and would have done it through the end, IF the nurse didn't have to return to the Ukraine and there was any possibility we could get my mom to accept someone new. That wasn't going to happen, she went through so many before we found Natalia. Mom was so wonderful, but she was not easy to get along with new people, especially when she was so frail.

The nursing home she was in was wonderful, for a nursing home. My dad visited her everyday, as did at least 2 other family members. It wasn't far from our homes and had a positive vibe. Every Sunday everyone, including any of the kids not away at school went to Church at the home. Afterwards they had a tea shop, cute red and white wicker with umbrellas. Opened to outside where there were swings for wheelchairs. They even served wine and beer in teeny tiny cups. LOL! Those Sundays were family time, not only for my mom, but also for the kids/cousins growing closer.

We got to know many of the people on my mom's floor, I just think of how devastated we all would have been during a time like this.
My best friend's mother-in-law, 93, was just put into hospice and they're not allowed to visit. It's heartbreaking.