Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I think folks know how i feel about censorship,
    by the U.S. gov't or corporations.

It's nice to see folks realizing that big corporations have a practical monopoly on public communication.
    And they literally have the power to block communications of any/everyone, including the President of the U.S..

I know many of you are committed to "free markets" and no gov't controls/regs over biz.
    But here's are some questions i want to leave you with.

If a group of companies have a practical monopoly over the nations communication (many nations) is it a good idea for the govt to break them up?
    And/Or is it a good idea to create some kind of regulation that requires them to allow equal access to all POVs and persons on their platforms as a cost of doing biz?

If so can you make that work with your understanding of free markets and No gov't regs on the markets.

Personally I believe monopoly is where the free market breaks and that if a monopoly doesn't fall naturally gov't or community has a right to break it up or regulate them. (Monopoly or a small group/consortium over one or more essential aspects of life)

in the case of U.S. communications it's clear that at this point the media and tech companies literally can shut off or promote ANY messages they want.
    I have to wonder how much of the the US military is run pass "private corporations" how much of the courts? how much of our regulation bureaucracies that deal with food and medicine? The State Dept and embassies?
    If the communications corps deem some aspect of those agencies work "dangerous" or against their terms of service" what recourse does the gov't have?

We now know the political landscape is RUN on the backs of the MSM, Internet, Social media, Email, Google, and ISP Services. If they decide any candidate or politician is "dangerous", then there's no way to use the primary communication mediums.

anyway.

I'm not hopeful that rank & file conservatives and especially republican politicians will rise above their love of big corporations to help regulate the MSM, MSSM and Communication giants like AT&T Google FB etc to promote FREE and equal access to public communication platforms.

And all sides have fallen in love with banning others, "Ban Muslims!" "Ban Alex Jones!" "Ban Kapernick!" "Ban Chic-Fil-A!" etc etc. But the left has gone off the deep end with no foundational philosophy to bring them back to the concept of "Free Speech" or Equal Access.
    The right abandoned many constitutional principles after 911 with gov't surveillance, torture etc, but still mouths the words, and claims some relation to the foundations of U.S. freedoms, "God given rights" but it seems that's more for decoration than something to actually practice in politics. We have to be realistic and pragmatic ya know.

But, Looks like "big brother" is being fast tracked.

I pray the best for all of you and hope you all have/will trust in God through Jesus Christ, for today and eternity.

John 3
    The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Ephesians 2
    For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
    Last edited by revelarts; 01-10-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16