Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    If it was part of Islam it would be happening everywhere there were Muslims right? It's not part of the culture of the biggest Islamic nation in the world - Indonesia.

Honour killings are sometimes ignored by local authorities in certain countries. The police in certain states of India - an overwhelmingly Hindu nation - had to be shamed into taking action against families who threw acid over the faces of the wives who the families believed "shamed" their sons (the wive's husbands). Mothers-in-law were burning their daughters-in-law alive in the kitchens of their homes for the same reasons. Hindu, Sikh, Muslim - the religion doesn't matter, it's the culture.

Some Christians kill people, I don't argue that killing someone is part of the Christian religion.
    Are you saying, without a doubt that this "honor killing" is not Quranic in it's roots, and is only cultural?

As I've mentioned before, a moderate Muslim is not living by the Quran, are they? If all Muslims lived strictly by the Quran, would we be dealing with much more "honor killings" and "beheadings" than we are experiencing in the world right now?

To follow the Quran is to not tolerate anyone, but those of their own faith that abide, "jot and tittle" of every word of the Quran. It this correct?

Respectfully, please show me how these "honor killings" are cultural and not rooted in Quranic teaching?
    Counter Point:

If Christians lived strictly by Jesus's teachings, would abortion clinics be blown up...........No! Would Muslims be attacked and annihilated by biblical Christians........No!

Please don't dig up the O.T. as an example of total Christian adherence, as those directives to annihilate cities in Canaan, such as Jericho were directives that God gave to the Israelites as He, God ascertained in His omnipotence that there was not one God fearing, repentant, salvageable human being in those cities. God did not turn the Israelites onto killing sprees because peopel were different in religion from His peoples faith. He emphatically wanted them to not mix with unbelievers or to become diluted in their faith and devotion to Him by inter-marrying. He did not condemn the profit Hosea for marrying a prostitute named Gomer. In fact he commanded Hosea to marry her, and to lover her despite her unfaithfulness to him/Hosea, the great profit of Israel.

God of the bible is a God of reconciliation, not spiteful revenge of honor, or of broken honor towards Him.

God allowed unthinkable things to happen in Job's life in the O.T. yet, restored Job beyond what his wealth and wisdom was before all the suffering that was allowed by God.

Remember that the most bratty and disgusting folks in the world are those that have lived pampered, enabled, and over-protected lives. Wisdom is learned in the trenches of living out the things of life that don't go our way. We learn from these experiences that we aren't the captains of our lives, but passengers on a journey that God desires to lay out to us, that's filled with such fullfillment and adventure.

We are all diamonds in the rough, in God's eyes. We can fight the diamond cutter's painful blows to our being to make us a beautiful reflective jewel that reflects back the light of the Glory of God who has imparted in us His grace, and love in infinite quantity.

Man made religions, reflect man's short sighted solutions, to problems that aren't external in nature, but are rooted at the core of humanities very inner being, or soul. God send His son to heal the healthy, who in actuality are the sickest of soul in this human race, but He came to heal the sick or the ones that are willing to open up their lives, admit their pride and fears of exposure and transparency, and are willing to do a "do over" with the work or cooperation of their Maker, via salvation.

Man does not want to bow a knee to His maker and give his life over to His makers will or Lordship. This is the inherrent sinful nature of man that originated in Eden, and has been pervaded the human race ever since.

A new Adam was needed that could meet God's righteous, holy, justice, and take upon Himself the just verdict of our race and our individual rebellion towards God's position before our lives. Jesus was that new, Adam. Sinless, not revengeful, not legalistic, not exacting a slap back in retort for a slap received. A man that went against the grain of sinful, lost man's intellect, pride, and dispair.

Why are most of the folks the world with the most toys often the saddest, or the most screwed-up? It's because the human creature was not created to fullfill or find completeness in "things" but in a relationship of eternal security, eternal love, eternal acceptance, beyond and before the grave or death, the great "canyon" that all must face one day.

There are so many counterfeit religions in the world that try to find God under rocks in the dirt, and call it "mother earth" in plants, in our inner being, in soul travel, Wicca, out of body experiences, via halucinogenic drugs, dare devil experiences, UFO-ology, Art Bell and George Norrey show addictions...........it's all just dead end roads.......

When all is done, we don't find anything inherrently good in ourselves.......as we are all sinners, or imperfect. We need a reprieve from the demands of life that tell us that if we just do this better the next time, Mom, Dad, my boss, my spouse, siblings, our kids, will love or like us better. God wants us to rest in Him, and quit striving. We don't have to kill and rape a loved one for an offence. God is love, not revenge, though He will exact revenge upon those that assail his beloved or His Children; namely those that are His saved through His grace. It may not happen in this lifetime, but there is a time that all humans, both Christians and non-Christians will have to give an accounting of their lives. The upper most question in this accounting before God will be, "What did you do with my Son Jesus, in your life on earth?".
    If you say you bombed an abortion clinic or mowed down some nurses and doctors at Planned Parenthood, your a lost cause and Christ's life is and was never in you.

God doesn't need anyone to do anything for Him. He desires for us to allow His life, to work through us, reconciling the world back to Him through unconditional love, that's grace, or unmerited favor extended to all.

Thats why Psalms 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God." Another bible version says it, "Cease striving and know that I am God.". It all means the same. Quit playing, "god". You were made to contain His life and live it out, as His ambassador, but you are not God. God does not respect intellect, education, goodie two shoes acts of charity, smiley attitudes, as replacement for the work of His Son's life on the cross for humanity.

The sign of all false religions is what they do with Jesus. If he is diminished to anything less than God incarnate, and just a nice man, a prophet, a good teacher/Rabbi, etc.., you have the trappings of a false religion.

What shall we do with Jesus? Shall we install Him in the honor and place that God deems and says that He holds or shall we diminish Him in order to avoid, facing our shortcomings, and shortfallings with the help of fear and pride?
    Regards, Eightballsidepocket

"Nothing should be said anonymously behind a P.C., that can't be respectfully said in person"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These were the same exact type of things that use to occur amongst Christians. Up until women’s suffrage, the abuse and classification as "less than men" was a direct result of Christian culture.

Although this does not make the killing right, its important to remember that the majority of people practicing Islam (especially in western civilization) do not condone this behavior at all.

And if any of you were smart, you would have read where a fellow member pointed out that this was not an act fueled by the religion of Islam...it was purely cultural.

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    It's not religious, it's cultural.

For example - http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/gui...339202064.html

These were Sikhs. Honour killing is cultural, not religious.
    So I'm asking for the kitty-boy to please correct his insults in the first post.
    Last edited by Guernicaa; 08-01-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    These were the same exact type of things that use to occur amongst Christians. Up until womens suffrage, the abuse and classification as "less than men" was a direct result of Christian culture.

Although this does not make the killing right, its important to remember that the majority of people practicing Islam (especially in western civilization) do not condone this behavior at all.

And if any of you were smart, you would have read where a fellow member pointed out that this was not an act fuled by the religion of Islam...it was purely culturual.
    Based on the actions of Mulims, I see Islam is a dynamite Religion and will blow you away

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ................

These were the same exact type of things that use to occur amongst Christians. Up until women’s suffrage, the abuse and classification as "less than men" was a direct result of Christian culture.

And if any of you were smart, you would have read where a fellow member pointed out that this was not an act fueled by the religion of Islam...it was purely cultural.

So I'm asking for the kitty-boy to please correct his insults in the first post.
    Your just upset because you want to pet his kitty and he doesn't swing that way.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Based on the actions of Mulims, I see Islam is a dynamite Religion and will blow you away
    When you come up with a valid argument, and get some hooked on phonics...only then will I respond to your jokes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Your just upset because you want to pet his kitty and he doesn't swing that way.
    No, he is upset about someone posting the truth

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ....................

Well we all already know that, but I was thinking there is an alterior motive as well.............

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well we all already know that, but I was thinking there is an alterior motive as well.............
    Chalk it up to the usual foul mood libs are in most of the time

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Believe me you fucking moron, I've come across very intelligent and well voiced conservatives on various boards. They would be ashamed and embarrassed that such a retarded pile of shit like you is trying to be a voice for the conservative movement.

I highly suggest you start coming up with arguments instead of your typical non-coherent sentence in which you try and use "libs are just mad" as a valid talking point to responding in online debate.

You and NM are some of the most pathetic "conservatives" I've ever read online. Start making sense or do everyone a favor (including the conservatives who post here) and get the fuck out off this board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you just upset because you have no logical response to my argument?
    Honestly, do you think you're funny? What purpose does the bull shit you post serve to this board? Please, grow the fuck up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Believe me you fucking moron, I've come across very intelligent and well voiced conservatives on various boards. They would be ashamed and embarrassed that such a retarded pile of shit like you is trying to be a voice for the conservative movement.

I highly suggest you start coming up with arguments instead of your typical non-coherent sentence in which you try and use "libs are just mad" as a valid talking point to responding in online debate.

You and NM are some of the most pathetic "conservatives" I've ever read online. Start making sense or do everyone a favor (including the conservatives who post here) and get the fuck out off this board.
    If you don't like the fact we will not bow down to the Muslims and change our country to please them - get the hell out of here and go to Mecca

If you do not like my posts Mr Pissed Off Liberal - don't read them

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are you just upset because you have no logical response to my argument?
    Honestly, do you think you're funny? What purpose does the bull shit you post serve to this board? Please, grow the fuck up.
    We have the logic

Why don't you try using some?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Logic? Logic? Jesus, you are so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Logic? Logic? Jesus, you are so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Libs have a phobia to logic, reason, and truth

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My logic tells me that you a a poor post whore and an idiot to boot. Are you looking for spare change?