Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Marie View Post
    A thread apparently intended to
    1. attack whites
    2. attack Christians
    3. divide Christians

I have been to services for several different denominations (and non-denominations) for decades, and have never heard anyone express these kinds of sentiments. Nor even imply them. Either some of you hang around some twisted and broken (fake) Christians, or this is just anecdotal, or it’s entirely BS. Any which way, bad stuff.

Exactly nothing in the OP fulfills Jesus’ hopes and plans for us. You must be very proud, Jake.
    Oh come on. This is a discussion forum. The sole point was to raise an issue that has been discussed many a time and that is the institutionalized racist assumptions in Christianity. Its not meant to attack whites, Christians or divide anyone. Its simply a point made to people who use religion to justify thinking they are superior to others.Hey I am Jewish I did not assume the article was presumptuous saying "we" believe in Jesus.

You need to ease up just a tad. If anything you are causing the division.

Lol ease up. If there was a Jesus he's probably not what anyone imagines he was anyways.We are relying on many times removed stories from the actual events complete with the editorials, biases, censorship of the writers of the New Testament acting under the orders of King Constantine to merge pagan and Christian beliefs to avoid a civil war and create an institution (confession) so he could keep on eye on what people were thinking.

Geez just translating Armaic, Hebrew, Greek and Latin back and for the would have distorted half the words/.Then throw in the political biases and agenda of the writers being instructed by Constantine and you get quite a hybrid of confusing stories.

I myself always found it somewhat amusing seeing Jesus depicted as a blonde haired, blue eyed Aryan. I am sure he had a big hook nose and flared large nostrils and looked like a camel. So what.Come on people who have beards and sandals are crazy who think Bernie Saunders is the Messiah or even worse Donald Trump. Did you see those guys on Capital hill?
    Last edited by Mika-El; 10-01-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mika-El View Post
    Oh come on. This is a discussion forum. The sole point was to raise an issue that has been discussed many a time and that is the institutionalized racist assumptions in Christianity. Its not meant to attack whites, Christians or divide anyone. Its simply a point made to people who use religion to justify thinking they are superior to others.Hey I am Jewish I did not assume the article was presumptuous saying "we" beieve in Jesus. I did not take it as an attack on Christians and I am white I think. More like grey pink green this time of year.

You need to ease up just a tad. If anything you are causing the division. You can criticize your religion without putting it down. Hell you can't put two of Us Jewish people in a room and get us to agree on anything in the Bible let alone life. The only thing we agree on is medical ailments and even then we compete as to who's aches are achiest.

Lol ease up. If there was a Jesus he's probably not what anyone imagines he was anyways.We are relying on many times removed stories from the actual events complete with the editorials, biases, censorship of the writers asked to draft the new testament for King Constantine anyways.

Geez just translating Armaic, Hebrew, Greek and Latin would have distorted half the words/ Then throw in the political biases of the writers being instructed by Constantine to fuse pagan with Christian beliefs to prevent a civil war between the two and presto you have a series of stories. You want to argue over their real meaning or the size of the lips of Jesus or the length of his nose. Nah. Doesn't matter. Its the concept of doing good and helping others without bringing attention to oneself and expecting anything back is the only lesson to learn as well of course as treating people the way we would want to be treated. That simple and yet we make it so complex. Whether you want to call him son of God or just a human it doesn't change those basic rules. The fact people have used Christiuanity to enslave and subject others is something all religions do and have done.

Me I avoid formal religious gatherings. The closet you would get me to "God" is cleaning a toilet, sweeping a floor, helping someone. That is it. I avoid organized rituals. It leads to no good. You get these mean with beards that want to have sex and grab your money and tell you that if you
    don't worship their words you go to booga booga land. No thanks. The closest I am came to worship[ping anyone was either athletes when I was a kid or Mrs. Emma Peel from the Avengers (Diana Rigg) or Jaqueline Bisset back in the 60's. I knew Liberace was the anti Christ.
    “Oh come on”, “You need to ease up a tad”, “Lol, ease up”. Repeated three times, but I’m the uptight one. Uh huh.

Anyway, your last two paragraphs tell us that you don’t care one whit about Christianity, or God for that matter, so your supposedly laid-back reactions to the thread are rather meaningless. As is your opinion of why Jake wrote it in the first place.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

el-mika is correct

too many so-called Christians are hung up on a white looking Jesus

he wasn't unless he was a half-Roman bastard, which one of my professors believed, but he believed a lot of nonsense

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post
    el-mika is correct

too many so-called Christians are hung up on a white looking Jesus

he wasn't unless he was a half-Roman bastard, which one of my professors believed, but he believed a lot of nonsense
    FTR, I don’t think Jesus looked like a Northern European, nor do I care. And as some of us have expressed, neither does the overwhelming majority of Christians.

He was born and lived where he did because it fulfilled the prophecy that he would come from the line of David, and he was sent to minister directly to God’s chosen people.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

FTR, I don’t think Jesus looked like a Northern European, nor do I care. And as some of us have expressed, neither does the overwhelming majority of Christians.

He was born and lived where he did because it fulfilled the prophecy that he would come from the line of David, and he was sent to minister directly to God’s chosen people.
    No one said "the overwhelming majority of Christians," just that are too many who do, and that is fact.

Yep, and the line of David must have been Semitic looking as they came.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

No one said "the overwhelming majority of Christians," just that are too many who do, and that is fact.

Yep, and the line of David must have been Semitic looking as they came.
    Yup, Semitic. Like the actor whose photo I posted. No Bible-reading Christian could ever claim otherwise. That was my point.

Can you link us up to the “facts” that prove many Christians have racist views on Jesus’ skin color?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

“Oh come on”, “You need to ease up a tad”, “Lol, ease up”. Repeated three times, but I’m the uptight one. Uh huh.

Anyway, your last two paragraphs tell us that you don’t care one whit about Christianity, or God for that matter, so your supposedly laid-back reactions to the thread are rather meaningless. As is your opinion of why Jake wrote it in the first place.
    No you make assumptions. I do not myself think Jake does not care, just the exact opposite and the fact you might disagree with his views does not mean he does not care only that you disagree with his opinions. Same goes with my opinions stated in response. Caring does not only exist if someone agrees with your views. That is illogical.

Next being "laid back" does not mean I do not care, again you make assumptions based on projecting lack of care as the intent behind me and others who disagree with your take on this topic. No not at all. I cared otherwise I would not have responded.

Next and with due respect, you know people who try calm down others often repeat the same thing to sooth them so the repetition is not what necessarily makes the repeater uptight, its the tone its presented in. So I would suggest for example had I used exclamation marks and accusatory words in responses to you, you might be more accurate about my being uptight let alone laid back and uptight at the same time as you suggest.

I can assure you in my case I only meant to sound non alarming and gentle and if I intended to be uptight would have called you a sanctimonious asshole or something in that line of reference.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mika-El; 10-04-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Mika-El;992383]No you make assumptions. I do not myself think Jake does not care, just the exact opposite and the fact you might disagree with his views does not mean he does not care only that you disagree with his opinions. Same goes with my opinions stated in response. Caring does not only exist if someone agrees with your views. That is illogical.

Next being "laid back" does not mean I do not care, again you make assumptions based on projecting lack of care as the intent behind me and others who disagree with your take on this topic. No not at all. I cared otherwise I would not have responded.

Next and with due respect, you know people who try calm down others often repeat the same thing to sooth them so the repetition is not what necessarily makes the repeater uptight, its the tone its presented in. So I would suggest for example had I used exclamation marks and accusatory words in responses to you, you might be more accurate about my being uptight let alone laid back and uptight at the same time as you suggest.

I can assure you in my case I only meant to sound non alarming and gentle and if I intended to be uptight would have called you a sanctimonious asshole or something in that line of reference.

Thank you. [/QUOTE @Mika-El I'm not going to assume anything except what has been absent in your posts, and is obvious to me. Might want to clue the audience in to the fact you are Jewish. So everyone can call you a heathen and such IMO, it DOES make a difference when discussing Jesus Christ.

Anyone assuming you are Christian kind of takes your statements out of context. Wouldn't you agree?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mika-El, yes, your opinion counts on Jesus, and, yes, some Christians will have problems with your opinion.

So what if others think differently?

Some of the words and attitudes here in this thread give a new gloss to 'Christianity.'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Mika-El, yes, your opinion counts on Jesus, and, yes, some Christians will have problems with your opinion.

Some of the words and attitudes here in this thread give a new gloss to 'Christianity.'
    Judge not ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Originally Posted by JakeStarkey

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Judge not ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Gunny;992387]
    No you make assumptions. I do not myself think Jake does not care, just the exact opposite and the fact you might disagree with his views does not mean he does not care only that you disagree with his opinions. Same goes with my opinions stated in response. Caring does not only exist if someone agrees with your views. That is illogical.

Thank you. [/QUOTE @Mika-El I'm not going to assume anything except what has been absent in your posts, and is obvious to me. Might want to clue the audience in to the fact you are Jewish. So everyone can call you a heathen and such IMO, it DOES make a difference when discussing Jesus Christ.

Anyone assuming you are Christian kind of takes your statements out of context. Wouldn't you agree?

Good point but most people know I am a heathen I defended Joe Biden (once) on this forum.

Actually even worse, I admitted on this forum I support Mitt Romney. I mean the guy is a Mormon with nice teeth. That about says it all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Mika-El;992449]

Good point but most people know I am a heathen I defended Joe Biden (once) on this forum.

Actually even worse, I admitted on this forum I support Mitt Romney. I mean the guy is a Mormon with nice teeth. That about says it all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Mika-El;992449]

I suspect none of that has anything to do with your religion

We all make mistakes. Politics makes strange bedfellows. I actually voted for RINO Romney once just to vote against Obama.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

You're Canadian. Your opinion matters how?
    Last edited by NightTrain; 10-05-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum