Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

That makes sense to me, Gunny. The LTC either has something lined up, or he comes from lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Excuse my jaded thoughts, but I just HAVE TO wonder what this guy's got lined up in the civilian World worth tanking a guaranteed retirement. Even if passed for promotion, a LtCol can stay 20+ years and retire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

He seems to be mad at the world. I wonder what is most bugging his butt.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Excuse my jaded thoughts, but I just HAVE TO wonder what this guy's got lined up in the civilian World worth tanking a guaranteed retirement. Even if passed for promotion, a LtCol can stay 20+ years and retire.
    I've been wondering the very same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Marie View Post

I wonder how many deployments he has had to the sandbox. How many men under his command have been lost?

Perhaps he has a severe case of PTSD.

Considering that possibility and what Biden did with no apparent objection by senior leaders, I can see he may have just reached his human limits.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I've been wondering the very same thing.

I wonder how many deployments he has had to the sandbox. How many men under his command have been lost?

Perhaps he has a severe case of PTSD.

Considering that possibility and what Biden did with no apparent objection by senior leaders, I can see he may have just reached his human limits.
    Minus all the small talk, I completely empathize with LtCol Shiller. Watching your Marines die walking the inside perimeter of a civilian airport, and watching noncombatants butchered by the Taliban on the outside. He's is in command of the most deadly fighting force on the face of this Earth, despite what stupid, anti-American limey's have to say about us, and he can't do a thing to stop it because there's an idiot in the WH doubling down on his stupid with every move. He's a trained infantry officer and battalion commander, not a trained spectator.

I'm sitting here and get beside myself every time I see dumbass politicians misuse the military. In his position? I've been close to losing it a time or two and my position wasn't anywhere near what his was.
    @Abbey Marie, my previous comment was only half-smartass. Marines at the professional leadership level don't like civilians. I know that offends some and I try to not say it too much anymore, but it's the truth. They're either in the way or getting us killed or making shit 1000 times harder than it has to be. They socially experiment with us because we can't say no, and you see the results of voicing your opinion of their pulling any of the aforementioned.

There's no being reasonable in that mindset. You want to know who the fuck elected Biden, and who the fuck promoted the idiots in the chain of command that didn't have at least one person to tell Biden no. The mere fact you're (Scheller) is doing proves it can be done, so WTF?

My Marines died for nothing. That's a LOT. Marines are responsible for Marines both professionally and personally. It's not like here where you forget your coworkers the second you hit the time clock. You live with these people 24/7 for months at a time. You take it personally when one of them gets screwed for no real good reason. He's the CO. He has to go home and face the families of those that died and doesn't even have the little bit of solace that they died in combat doing their duty for their country and a worth while effort. It's because they were playing security guard for an incompetent CinC in name only.

I think the bigger, institutional question is: This is a Marine. How can a Marine break down? Our pants go on one leg at a time like everyone else's.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

There is plenty to be mad about these days, and I’m sure he has more than his share. Thank you for making the reasons more clear.

I commented because he seems to be mad at everything, and I was curious what exactly set him off to this extent. I gather all we can really do is speculate for now.

Sometimes people just get to that point. I certainly did not intend to minimize what he has gone through as a Marine.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Abbey...yes he does, but...

I have little doubt. There are probably THOUSANDS of other members of our military who wish they could be as vocal as the LTCOL has been. BUT...and that's a BIG BUT as Gunny will probably agree (I suspect). Few are willing to go as far as the LTCOL because they fear the same RETRIBUTION we see he is being subjected to as we speak.
    Everyone in uniform knows the UCMJ (or they should), but in the LTCOL's case There are times when STAYING QUIET to prevent the TOP BRASS from getting FLACK, or made to look bad...SOMEBODY HAS TO SPEAK UP...FINALLY.
    That's what he has done, and will now pay for it to PREVENT THE KISS-ASSERS from being exposed to the public by TELLING HOW TERRIBLE THEY ARE...HONESTLY.
    Personally. I experienced a similar event during my time in the navy, which eventually (Honestly) prevented me from going any further up in Rank...just prior to the GULF WAR.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me: